Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Keeping in Touch


I think that most of you will agree that when you leave a job for one reason or another the thing we miss the most is our co-workers, our friends not the job itself. I’m sure there are exceptions to that rule, as always.

I didn’t make a lot of close friends at my job, by close I mean friends that I got together with ‘after’ work but I made a lot of friends over my 33 years in the school board. We swear to keep in touch but that doesn’t always happen. We think that we’ll have all the time in the world to make plans but unless they are also retired, plans don’t come to fruition.

There are 3 girlfriends of mine who are still working and we have managed to do a few fun things together. I think I mentioned once about our Escape Room adventure. Well, just Saturday we managed to squeeze another fun event in before I head north.

We ordered a Groupon coupon for Sundown Tea www.sundowntea.ca in London. It is a quaint little shop with a mere 5 tables for guests, seating capacity for 22-24. The only pre-requisite is that you choose your tea from a wide selection of approximately 50 varieties from Black, Herbal, Aromatic, etc. I wish I had taken a picture of the menu with the choices.


Each participant of the Groupon receives the same tray of goodies from crust less sandwiches, to fruit, to scones with jams/jellies, to coffee cakes and chocolate. It was surprisingly enough food to fill anyone in mid-afternoon. We arrived for our reservation at 1:30, sat immediately, exchanged hello hugs and chatted incessantly to catch up on each other’s news. We were not rushed although our cute little hostess was available at our beck and call when we were ready to order tea.

When it all arrived, there were ooh’s and aah’s and yes, of course, pictures taken.

Here we are below and also a picture of our 3 tiered tray of delights.
Heather, Laurie and Laurie join me for tea


Yummy little snacks for each of us

Thank you all for stopping in and sharing this post with me. It is so important to keep in touch with friends and sometimes it is only possible through this type of communication. Feel free to drop a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment