Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Making the Most of our Days, Yoga, Painting, New Restaurant

On Wednesday, July 26th I woke up first in the household. Not surprising. After going to bed after midnight I was a little surprised when I woke up at 5:45. I actually thought it was closer to 7 but I was obviously awake. I needed to finish my post from yesterday and while my siblings were still sleeping it was a good time.
Good morning from Cedar Haven
Gayle was next to get up and while she was trying to sync her Fitbit (without success, I might add) I took a walk down Periwinkle Lane. They have a pretty driveway and made even prettier with the sun rising at the end of it. Unfortunately, the sun didn’t stick around. Clouds moved in soon after. We had our morning drinks together and decided that we needed to be in the cars by 8:20 to make it to Hanover by 9.

Yoga with Espe
I drove my car with Donna and Aj while Wendy drove Cathy and Gayle to the Yoga Barn. Joanne, Donna’s daughter, was there already to be our #6 in the group. Cathy chose to sit the class out. We stretched and did all the yoga steps as our teacher directed. This was my second time and it went quite well, no complaints here!

Espe, our teacher, was a very cute pleasant lady and made the class fun. I did the girls a favour and didn’t get pictures of us doing the ‘downward dog’ or the ‘happy baby. We enjoyed ourselves and headed back to Chatsworth for lunch. Her yoga word is Namaste which means "I am open to you and you are open to me"
this is not our class but it shows you the room and space we worked in
Gayle had the plan to put out Charcuterie with my quiche. I’d never heard of this but we soon learned what it was. Namaste, be well.My new name for it is going to be Deli Mix as it consists of olives, artichokes, tomatoes, cheeses, meats, crackers and almonds. I’m sure I’ve missed something but the picture says it all. We managed to fill our faces enough so that we could bring out the good drinks for our Painting party.

Our lunch treat
We cleaned up after eating and sat around doing our own thing basically, in the same room as everyone else. The scrabble game continued and when it came close to the time of our next event we changed out of our yoga duds. We had made arrangements to have a Wine and Painting Party with Gayle hosting.

Debbie is getting our paint palettes ready
Debbie arrived at 1:00 and had us all set up shortly after 1:30. She provides everything you need and all we had to do was provide the appropriate table space for easels and drinks (if we chose……and we chose). I tried one of my all-natural vodka coolers and it was pretty good. I’m not sure if the second drink improved my skills or worsened them but we had so much fun.

You get part way through and look at your canvas and think “oh my goodness, this is really bad!” But when we finished, we stepped back and were all very impressed with what we did with our own hands. For the excellent price of $25 each, we learned how to create masterpieces! Debbie was cleaned up and on her way shortly after 4.
From this distance and this stage, it appears as though I've just painted some
beautiful lips
We sat around again working on crosswords, blogs, internet, scrabble and deciding what to do for supper. We decided to try Rockford Restaurant in where else but Rockford. Wendy and Cathy drove us all over there for 5:30 and we got in and seated right away. They had no debit or credit machines working so we all agreed that cash was fine.

Tonight, I ordered liver and onions, sorry, no picture, with mandarin beets and cream of broccoli soup. Yum, yum, yummy. It was quite filling so I’m very glad I only ordered one piece of liver. The day turned chilly and wet which was disappointing but we hadn’t planned anything outside so it was okay.
Quel chefs-d'ouevre!
Audrey won the first game of Scrabble so we started a second one when we got back home. More chit chat and I had to write this or I was afraid I’d fall asleep. My early morning wake up is catching up with me and sitting and talking is not in the cards for me. I need to do something entertaining.


 
I miss my sweetie, of course, and I’m sure Clemson misses me too. Ha ha. Bill and I texted each other this morning and then both went about our day. This is a nice time for both of us. Bill does what he wants and gets some quiet time without a nagging wife at his side. (If you believe that, you don’t know me).
Wendy goes home to get Morgan
I hope you have all had an enjoyable day regardless of this wet day, or maybe not where you are. Us girls are sharing lots and having fun while doing it.


Thank you for reading. 

6 comments:

  1. Sure sounds like you are enjoying your time there, just letting loose and having fun with the girls. love your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We fit a lot into our day yesterday and the weather made no difference.
      Thanks, painting was fun!

      Delete
  2. your day sounds wonderful! Between your casserole and the deli lunch..yumm..the paintings are awesome..interesting what you can make from "lips"..beauitful and wine to go with! Can't wait to see what today brings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a blast! Trying to come up with ideas for next year already! :)

      Delete