Monday, October 16, 2017

Home Again, Autumn Colours, Cold Day but Calm, Bank Visit, Roots

On Monday, Oct. 16th it was nice to wake up in our own bed. I’ve told you I sleep fine anywhere but it meant we didn’t have to report anywhere or drive. That was the big thing for me. I got up at 7:30 and Bill was already up with Clemson. Brrr, it was cold this morning at 2C outside but Bill had the heater turned up inside so nice and cozy.
More fall colours
 Since we got home the big thing is the flies! Wow, interesting how they get into these rigs. It was warmer inside and we haven’t stopped killing them in every room. Wham, bam, slam, yeuch! We had our tea and coffee and I finished my post and sent it off. Quickly we caught up on others, I haven’t done more than a quick peruse all weekend, with the limited time and a daytime ‘job’!


Today, we have a bank appointment at 9:30 so still had to keep our eye on the clock but then the day is free until we leave to go to my sister, Gayle’s, for dinner at 4:30. So, no cooking tonight either, I’m getting spoiled. Rob and Pat dropped off a few samples of desserts from their Thanksgiving dinner at Sandra and Bill’s yesterday. Um, um, um, goodies! We need to get back on track for sure.

The sun is at least peeking out this morning which is more than it has done for a few days. We’ll take it especially when it is this cold it seems to make everything better! We headed in to Durham to the RBC to talk to our Financial Advisor about investments that are coming due. That cleared up we drove to Hanover for a couple of items from Walmart and made an appointment at BMO to do the same for Mom’s.





We drove home and it felt so nice to have the sun warming us on this cool 3C day. I’ve noticed just today in our area that more trees are changing into that glorious red, yellow and orange shade. This makes it autumn, after all. I snapped a few pictures with my phone camera. We were both ready for something to eat so I made up waffles and sausages for brunch.


After dishes, I wandered down the lane to see if the mail lady left us anything and she didn’t. No harm in getting the exercise and fresh air anyway. When I came back I marveled once more at my potted plants and dead-headed them once more, hoping that maybe they’ll flower again. The weather is supposed to be quite lovely this week.
And our Baptist Church Road gets prettier each week
Bill and Clemson settled in the chair to read and possibly snooze so I went up to the bathroom to do my hair roots before we head south. Instead of going to First Choice last week I saved the $20 and trimmed my bangs and hair myself. Just a half an inch really, but it makes a difference. Maybe I’ll get a professional trim in Bullhead City, we’ll see.
Brunch
At 4 o’clock we left Clemson to look after things and drove to Gayle and John’s for supper. This was a last-minute dinner arrangement, late last week we were invited before we headed for the southwest. It will be our last chance to say goodbye. We were surprised to see that Donna and Gerry were there as well. We caught up for a bit before supper and then were called to the table.
Arriving at Periwinkle Lane in Cedar Haven
Gayle and John's place
This was a great meal, I guess I’ll get ‘back to normal’ starting tomorrow. Gayle had prepared Chicken Marsala with roasted spuds, carrots, corn, squash and spinach salad. Oh my. Then to top it off a dessert of cake, strawberries and ice cream. I didn’t think I’d forget the name of the cake, but I did. It was good but I’d eaten too much already and didn’t enjoy it as much as I could have.

John, Gayle and Gerry

The guys took a walk down by the pond to see the beaver dam
 After dinner we sat in the living room to let it settle and soon enough it was after 7:30 and we wanted to be home as early as possible. 

Donna and Gerry
We have an early morning tomorrow. We were home shortly after 8 so we caught The Voice. Sitting inside, writing this I see that it has dropped to 3C outside. It is nice to be inside toasty warm.

Table set for dinner
A whole mess of good food
Dessert
This has been a good day with some progress made and some relaxing stuff. I hope you have enjoyed yours as well.

And we  came home to our littleman
Thank you for stopping in. If you’d like to leave a comment, I’d love to read it. 

8 comments:

  1. You might try some fly strips. Kinda gross and ugly but it beats swatting at them all the time.
    Re: Clemson, how old is he? He looks good, whatever the age. Well cared for and that is great!!
    I really enjoy your photos and comments. Thank you for the bright spot daily.
    Don in Okla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I remember fly strips from our old farm houses when I was a kid! They are gross and we were always afraid to walk too close. Inside the Suite, I think it is too confined, we'd be stuck in them all the time but great idea!
      Clemson is 13 and in really good health so far. This picture is a few years old but I wanted to end with one of him. :)
      thank you for your comments, happy to have you tag along!

      Delete
  2. Another nice day getting things done, when the flies get bad we use the sticky fly things out of the way and they still work great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, no, I don't like them for in our Suite We're soon outta here anywhere to a bug-free zone!

      Delete
  3. The colors are looking beautiful! I love the colors and I love driving along and having the leaves fall..Nice to be getting things done and then having someone else cook you an amazing dinner! That dessert looks like something I would definitely enjoy. Just a few more days and you'll be on the road..Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The countdown is definitely happening! No real red in our trees around us but they are still pretty.
      I love others cooking for me but need to limit my serving sizes! LOL
      Her dessert was called Goofy Cake, Bill remembered. :)

      Delete
  4. Fall is definitely here and the temperatures are starting to cool down here, also. We are in fingers crossed mode that the temperatures do not fall below freezing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fingers are crossed for the same thing, hoping not to hit anything too cold on our planned route across the states.

      Delete