Sunday, November 12, 2017

Let's Stay Home Today, Walks, Puzzles and Madame Secretary

On Sunday, November 12th we slept in a bit but got up to the sun rising. The sky appeared somewhat cloudy overhead but the white fluffies soon disappeared and the temperature was 61F at 9 o’clock. Now that is nice! I took Clem out for a piddle and chose not to walk first thing. We had our hot drinks and relaxed at the computer for an hour. We miss having free wifi but can always go to the clubhouse to use it if we choose. Maybe I’ll try that to post tonight just to test it out.
The other day, I showed you baby palm trees
Today, I show you childhood palm trees
Bill took Clemson for a nice long walk and after an hour I figured he’d found someone to talk to. After an hour and a half, very unusual for him, I texted just to make sure they were ok. They were and were enjoying new friends along the way. While they were gone I made myself up a breakfast quesadilla since Bill had eaten his cereal earlier. He usually gets hungry earlier in the morning than I do so today this worked well.

There are some permanent sites here in the park
When the boys returned, I cleaned up dishes and walked over to the west clubhouse to work on a puzzle for an hour. I accomplished a lot! The clouds have returned and the sky is mostly white now, with no sun. It is still warm at 71F/21C. I don’t know if we’ll swim today, I might need the encouragement of the sun but we’ll see. The day is young.

These are a couple of examples of how neat and comfortable they look
I had been avoiding the inevitable chore of cleaning out the fridge, simply because the days were so nice and I wanted to be outdoors. Today, apparently, was the day. I pulled the two vegetable/fruit drawers out and washed them in the sink. There were still remnants of sticky residue from the Kombucha bottle that broke plus a few teeny pieces of glass. I cleaned the bottom egg/cheese drawer next and the upper shelves. Another job done.

And the sun lost the battle for the most part today
As I was finishing up, Bill and I discussed whether we wanted to go to the Ice Cream Sundae at the clubhouse at 1. Nah, it wasn’t necessary today so we opted out and he went up for a snooze with Clemmy. I swept the floors and then sat down with my book. It is getting very interesting.

Glad these crispers come out easily

All nice and clean
My sister, Donna, back home texted me to say that they missed out on taking Mom to the Remembrance Service at Rockwood, thinking it was today. It was last Sunday, which seems odd, but she and my other sister, Gayle, took her down instead to karaoke. Ha! That would be fun! She then texted to say they all 3 got up and sang Crystal Chandelier. Mom would absolutely love that, it is one of the songs she knows well. Wish I was there too, um, wait a minute…….no, no I don’t. I’ll just have to talk them into doing it again when I’m home in the summer. 😊

The houses (condos?) around us are very Arizonian
Clean and simple but I like them

And desert behind the park
Unfortunately, the snooze didn't go as planned and they were up a very few minutes later. Bill had a quick bite to eat around 1 and I wasn’t feeling hungry so went outside with my book for another little bit. When he joined me, we were maybe 20 minutes tops and neither of us could keep our eyes open. He had an excuse, he told me this morning he didn’t sleep well last night. Me, no excuse but I still felt tired so we both, well, all 3 of us, curled up for a snooze.


A short 45-minute snooze and we were good to go! I went out and walked around the park ending up across the street at the west clubhouse puzzle again. No one was in there so I explored. There is a ‘library’/poker type room, a tv area, a pool room with two tables and a sheltered outdoor area with some exercise machines. Hey! I’ll try out that comfy looking bicycle even though the controls don’t work.

The billiards room

The reading, computer and poker room

Obvious exercise area
Then I pulled up a chair at the puzzle and worked away for about an hour before walking back to start supper. I had a pound of ground beef thawed so fried it up, added seasoning and pasta and cooked some squash and corn as our side dish. I thought I should take a turn at cooking inside and give Bill a break today. Supper was quite good, a change from what we’ve had lately.
A few minutes on the bike
We got dishes cleaned up and I took Clem for a quick walk down to dump the garbage. Then we settled inside for the night, me at my laptop and Bill handling the remote control for the tv. We had 3 Madame Secretary episodes recorded on our PVR to watch before we watch the one airing tonight. So, bam, bam, bam, that is what we are doing.

that looks like a crescent roll but it is actually my acorn squash
and it was delicious
This has been a quiet day, with no obligations outside the park. We’ve enjoyed it very much. I hope you have enjoyed your day too. I wanted to thank you for checking us out today. If you wish to comment, that would be great!

8 comments:

  1. That's the kind of days we enjoy too,, no need to be going every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this kind of day! Although the puzzle wouldn't be my thing. I'd chuck all the pieces in short time when they wouldn't fit together easily. ~laugh~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, raised with puzzles, our family is very tuned in to finding the pieces. Determined or stubborn, I guess you might say! ha!

      Delete
  3. I have a puzzle on the go on one end of the dining room table. Just a medium one,750 pcs.it's coming along nicely. Gerry has even put a few pieces together. Unlike us, he didn't grow up around them and is constantly amazed at how easily I get it together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that they have puzzles to do in the parks. I would miss the challenge otherwise. Bill has zero interest, again not being brought up doing them.

      Delete
  4. I almost always have a puzzle going, especially during the winter. Local thrift store has them for 25 cents each, no matter the size. Even the box of 10 I took in previously! Hubby's contribution is looking at the picture when I am finished! We all have our own "thing"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Joyce! I think it is good for us to just calm ourselves down sometimes and focus on nothing but finding that perfect piece. :)
      Bill does the same thing, look and admire.

      Delete