Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Restless Night, Sunny Skies, No Wind, Happy Hour with New Friends

We were up Monday, Nov. 20th at a few minutes before 7. Clemson needed out at 6:45 and I was ready anyway to get up. It was cooler last night so at 4:30 Bill got up and turned the fireplace on to take the chill out. I don’t know why I was restless, I stayed up later last night with Bill. Anyway, I obviously had enough sleep, just not my normal 8.
Love the colours on this motor home
 We had our tea and coffee and I wasn’t keen on walking out into the cloudy cool morning. We’ve managed our data pretty good over the last couple of days by not going on through the day. There is no need to be so ‘in touch’ anyway. So, I sat at my laptop here in the Suite and published yesterday’s post and read comments and other blogs. I peeled an orange since I didn’t have any bananas left. Which reminds me, I need to find room in our freezer to put the muffins for now.

There are many permanent residences here and the owners
take pride in their homes
It at least appears that the wind has died right off again. Good! We’ve been so spoiled that the last couple of windy days were too much! We haven’t felt like going to the pool since what, Thursday? Have to check my blog to confirm that. Bill called our AOR membership office to book a reservation into a park in February. You can only book 90 days out for this one but now it is done and we have secured a firm plan.

After he hung up, Bill said “you know, making a February booking like that makes me think that soon after that we’ll be heading home”. Wow! Ain’t that the truth! We will put it out of our minds for now and live day to day. So, putting the far future out of my mind, I went for a walk and ended up at the WEST clubhouse. The puzzle was calling my name and there was no one else in the building. I texted Bill and told him where I was.
My delicious brunch
When I walked back it was almost noon and since Bill had eaten breakfast, I fried up some leftover potato and chicken cubes with tomatoes. When they were mostly browned, I added an egg. I was hungry and wow, was that every good! Bill had one of my oatmeal banana muffins and the rest were put into the freezer. Bill was working on finishing another book, James Patterson’s Don’t Blink and he succeeded.

Paul and Lynn have a Montana High Country
I sat outside until he closed the last cover and got cleaned up. We walked down to visit Paul and Lynn (and beautiful Jazz) at their site just down the way a bit. We had a lovely visit and it makes us regret not getting over there sooner in our stay. We are leaving Wednesday and they are going out Wednesday until Sunday for Thanksgiving. We won’t see them again unless our paths happen to cross elsewhere. We hope so!

Meet Jaz
Such a calm lady

Paul is coming over early tomorrow to see Bill’s drone, another subject they could both get lost in. RC planes are a common interest. I had to beeline it home, nature was calling but the visit was a couple of hours anyway. We don’t like to overstay our welcome on the first visit. Maybe the second! We did hit it off really well.

The sun begins to say goodnight
Back home we sat inside for a bit longer before Bill lit the Weber at 5. He grilled a pork chop and a chicken breast. Our compromise for dinner meals, since we both prefer one or the other. I prepared my last quarter of squash for the bbq, some corn for Bill and a packet of Stove Top Stuffing. It was a great meal and we cleaned dishes up quickly so we could relax some more.
supper on the Weber

Yum!
I took a walk to the garbage and when I discovered how warm it was out there, I kept on walking to the road. The sky was absolutely gorgeous and even though there were objects in the way, I snapped pictures of the glory that was blanketing the area. When I came back, I noticed a group of 5 campers were sitting around the community fire pit and stopped to chat briefly.
I even managed to capture the moon up there tonight

Bill had The Voice on when I returned so we sat and enjoyed the program together in between me reading a new book. This has been a good day, enjoying the weather, the peace and quiet and building a new friendship. I hope your day has been a good one too.

Campground group without flash

and with flash
Thank you for reading today. Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.

16 comments:

  1. I"am enjoying your days too. To be out and about, just a stroll after dinner would be great for me !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to have a relaxing day with Friends and finishing it off by the Campfire.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just another relaxing day in the life of Bill and Pat. ha ha We're so good at those!
      They seemed to be enjoying the campfire, I didn't stick around.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like another wonderful day always fun to meet other rv'ers and get acquainted.
    Enjoy George and Rose's spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great days no matter where we are and the weather has a whole lot to do with that!
      We'll enjoy a longer stay in this city. Things still to do.

      Delete
  4. Still following you guys
    Food looks good
    Love night the nighttime pictures
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked and don't see you hooked to our bumper. :)
      So glad you are following along. Miss you though.
      Have fun in Florida!

      Delete
  5. Better than the snow that came here yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always nice to meet new people. I love your plates, don't think I've ever seen any like them. Both of your meals looked yummy. Hope you manage to finish a puzzle before you pull out.

    Take care, Be safe,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some you really click with, others are just acquaintances which are nice too.
      We got our plates at CanAm dealers in London. We like them so much we bought a double set of 4.
      Not sure about finishing the puzzle here but I'll keep trying. Maybe in Bullhead with my sister!

      Delete
  7. Personally, I love the sunset pictures with the dark shapes in front. The one with the palms is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sis. I can't seem to get the natural colours so glad you like them.:)

      Delete
  8. How nice to meet new people and hopefully you'll meet up with them down the road. My daughter in law loves puzzles, I can't remember the last time I put one together. Kinda like crossword puzzles, just couldn't get into them. Know I should as it's all good for the brain. Beautiful sunset once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We connected well with these two so hope to keep in touch.
      I love puzzles of all kinds, well, as long as I can actually DO them. Other wise it is too frustrating. I work on crosswords too at home. My brain needs all the help it can get, terrible memory.

      Delete