Sunday, November 26, 2017

Saying Goodbye and Thanks, Feels like Coming Home, Reunion

On Sunday, Nov. 26th I was up just before 6:30 but if you can believe it, I actually felt cool in the 59F temperatures. I should have gone for a walk anyway and it would have warmed me up really quick! Instead, I made a tea and sat at my laptop taking advantage of the continued free Wifi. Not Rose’s, she didn’t know whose it was. Anyway, it was nice to have for 5 days!

through our back window, the sun rises
Bill and Clemson slept in until 8:30 so he must have been catching up on sleep. We weren’t in any rush to leave, not being able to check into our park until noon hour. So, we read blogger friend’s posts and then I took my tea out to sit with Rose for awhile as Bill showered. We started talking about their rock hunting hobby and she showed me some of the rocks they’d found and named some I was curious about.

George shows us their collections so far and how to pan for gold
So Bill tries his luck
George came out and Bill joined us too at the table. They brought out their past findings of sand deposits and rocks and a very special treat, Petrified Dinosaur Poop. I’m not kidding! I think Rose called it Coprolite. I would never know of such a thing but they are learning a lot about their hobby and loving every bit of it. I was fascinated and know that my simple habit of walking and looking at stones, will be done with a different perspective.
Just about ready to go
Being the prompt people we are, Bill and I were ready to say goodbye to our hosts at 2 minutes before 11, right on time.

See you next time, guys!
I snapped a quick picture of them as Bill pulled out of the driveway onto Kibbey, Barite and then Palo Verde. Nice easy route onto I-95 headed north and soon we were passing our old boondocking site, Lone Tree, which I still prefer to call The Hand. There were a lot of rv’s in there today!


And the hand is there waving at us
so, I waved back
We didn’t want to go into California if we didn’t have to so Bill remembered to take Exit 1 to Oatman. This is also the well-known Route #66 and a nice paved 2-lane highway. By 12:10 we were scooting through Fort Mojave and then the southwest (?) end of Bullhead City. 

Route 66
We arrived at Ridgeview RV Resort (Hey! They finally have a new ‘easy to see’ sign!) at 12:30. I can't believe how this feels like home to us now, we love this ROD (no fee) park. We picked our site, this time on the north side of the road, two sites down from Lori and Roland.
Nice quiet drive only meeting a couple of vehicles
Fields of cotton

Ridgeview has a new sign
Oscar and Judy are parked across the road because they like more shade than us ‘younger’ folk do. 

Well, I had to smile sweetly to talk Bill into accepting a full sun site this time. He agreed because we have our sun shade and after set up of everything including the satellite, the awnings were out and the shade in place. Word is that Happy Hour is at 3 on the shaded site so it will be fun to catch up.
And I do believe we are all Happy!
When Oscar and Judy returned from the Ice Cream Social we took our chairs and drinks over to reacquaint. Lori and Shatzi were already there and Roland arrived soon after us. We were in the shade but it was still quite warm so that was a wise decision. The laughter and chatter carried on as if we’d never been apart. I was surprised and happy that little Shatzi wanted on my lap for a short time, once.


At 5:30 we took our chairs back to our site, which is #11 by the way. My favourite number for a couple of reasons. Bill lit the barbecue and since I’d already prepared potatoes for the grill, he put those on right away. I seasoned the large butt chop that we were going to share and made up a salad for each of our plates. It was going to be approximately 30 minutes so I walked up to the laundromat to see what their hours were.

Our first Ridgeview sunset
We had pre-planned to do the wash tonight so we had tomorrow basically free except for a couple of small errands. There was no sign as to when they closed so I assumed it was open 24 hours. Walking back, I couldn’t resist stopping at the clubhouse and checking out the library section. Bingo! I found a Lee Child and a Tess Geritsen novel. I knew there was a reason I loved the book selection here. Last stop was to stick my toe in the pool and ‘test the waters’ and then I walked back to catch my workaholic washing the back windows of the Suite. LOL

the Clubhouse, the way I remembered it
After cleaning up dishes, we decided to follow through with doing the laundry so Bill drove and we made short work of the chore. Everything was dried and put away by 8:30 and we were able to relax for the rest of the evening. I’d like to get into this Grisham book, so far I haven’t latched on to it. I’ll give it another go before dismissing it. I just need to focus until it catches my attention.

The HEATED pool

The hot tub
This has been a great day from start to finish. We thanked George and Rose one last time before saying goodbye and then greeted the Dryden Gang as we prepared to settle for a couple of weeks in Bullhead City. I hope you have had a good day as well.


When I returned from my walk, Bill was barbecuing
AND washing windows

Supper was great and just the right amount for me

and the chore of laundry is out of the way for now
 Thank you for taking the time to read today. Your comments are read and appreciated.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like to great days in a row. Yesterday's pictures of the sun on the water were wonderful and the colors on your ferry ride back...gorgeous. So pretty seeing the London Bridge decorated for Christmas.
    We have taken Route 66 from Kingman through to where you started. Our first year out we stayed at a RV park just straight ahead where you came out in Fort Mohave and turned onto 95. Another great park for you two and looks like everyone is having a happy, happy hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't explored the southwest a whole lot but we are certainly finding places that we love and parks we like to go back to.
      Just love that we can drive on Route 66. :)
      It was a very happy hour or two!

      Delete
  2. Nice to catch up with the Dryden gang again, say help for us, enjoy your time at Ridgeview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you mean say hi not help, ha ha, but we will certainly enjoy our time here.

      Delete
    2. Yes Patsy you are right, I am well known for my typos. I make them and proof read, they still there?

      Delete
    3. We are used to you by now, George, ha ha. That one just struck me funny and Lori would get a kick out of it!

      Delete
  3. Looks like another great day. Looked like everyone was having a great happy hour!

    Take care, be safe,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I was waiting for someone to comment! ha ha thanks FG for reacting!:)

      Delete