Thursday, November 16, 2017

Shopping in Lake Havasu City, Chili’s! Later Sun, New Friends

When I got up on Wednesday, Nov. 15th I wasted no time and headed to the WEST clubhouse with my laptop and phone. My pictures were already downloaded. It was 7:20 by the time I got over there. I chatted with Annette in the clubhouse as she moved around tidying things up.
sitting at the clubhouse first thing in the morning
She is the Manager of the park and I must say an ‘ever-present’ manager. I like that, she is always scooting around on her golf cart, checking the sites making sure we are all following the rules in a very friendly easy-going manner. I don’t like when a park, an employer, a venue of any kind makes rules and then gets too lax to enforce them. Annette, from Illinois originally and her husband, from Michigan is in her third year at this park. I’m going to guess that she loves it, it shows.
So far, just this low patch of clouds over the lake but soon they covered the sky
for most of the day
I settled at a table and set to posting my blog from last night. It took longer than expected because pictures from my phone, of which all were, take longer to download into blogger. My fault. After posting, I read other blogger’s news, commented on a couple and walked back to the Suite. On the way, I noticed that the Shuffleboard playing ‘field’ had been painted over. The park looking after things.
They will repaint the markings when it is completely dry
It has two coats of red pain on it now
I had my tea alongside Bill and paid a bill for Mom on my secure Wi-fi. Then we had a nibble and hopped in B.B. to go into Lake Havasu City. The sky was mostly covered in clouds by now so we weren’t missing anything this morning. First, we went to Big Lots and Ace Hardware but couldn’t find anything we wanted. Then it was down the row to Harbor Freight and Dollar Tree. I went one way and Bill went the other.

We liked this store last winter but it didn't have what we were looking for today
He had seen a great deal on some storage cases, just the right size for his RC radios, when he was in the other day. Thought about it and decided it was worth some of his ‘savings’ to buy them. I wandered in the Dollar Tree, loving that everything truly is $1. Not like back home where things can start at $1 and go up from there. No need to ask pricing in here! I found a couple of large size coffee mugs for our company. We shouldn’t have to change the cup size on our Keurig now.
We needed ink tanks for our printer so picked those up here
It was 12:35 and Bill asked if I was hungry. Well, heck ya! Especially since I saw a Chili’s on the way into town. My experience last winter was a 9/10 every time we went into one of their restaurants, so I was excited. The excitement didn’t last as long as I’d hoped. Their menu didn’t appear to be the same.

After we ordered our drinks, a Coke for Bill and a Half Tea/Half Lemonade in Mango. Sounded good and it was. Bill ordered his Ultimate Bacon Burger and I liked the sound of their ‘Create your Own Lunch Combo’. I had the Creamy Potato and Bacon soup with a chicken bacon quesadilla. It came with fries which weren’t necessary but at least just a small amount.
Their Creamy Potato Bacon soup was to die for
When Holly, our waitress came to gather dishes and leave the bill I asked about the menu. Yes, 6 weeks ago it was changed. She seemed thrilled that they now offered more meat on their ribs and fajitas. Joy, this is a Mexican restaurant now turning into just another ribs and burger joint. I wasn’t impressed even though the food was good. No smothered bean burritos? Well, maybe we’ll come back once more for me to try their Chicken Enchilada.
Bill's burger at the top and my quesadilla and fries
I didn't care for chipotle sauce so she brought me sour cream
We left there and went to Walmart to get the last items on our list. There are still a couple of things we couldn’t find anywhere but we’re not desperate yet. We headed home and settled down for the rest of the afternoon. 


It is already 2:30 so we skipped the pool. I finished my book yesterday so need to get into a new one. I’m going to try the detective mystery Bones by Bill Ponzini. Not sure what it’ll be like.

While perusing the back streets of Havasu we spotted this Silverstream

Quite an odd looking shape
This is for the CanAm boys, Phil, Kirk, Andy
I was only outside for about 20 minutes and I felt my eyes starting to droop so I went inside, straight up to the bedroom and curled up for a snooze. This is unusual for me to give in so easily but I felt tired. I also woke up yesterday with another bout of shingles so that added to my weigh down. Today was the day they blistered and being on the back of my upper thigh, sitting was painful.

A real western looking bar and grill on London Bridge Road
The Corral or something like that, missed the name
I know I dozed off for a few minutes and when I saw the clock reading 4:30 got up and cleaned up. Bill and I walked up to the clubhouse just before 5 for their Wednesday night Hamburger Cookout. We’ve been here a week and one left to go. We didn’t recognize too many of the people ahead of us and most were sitting with friends so we found a table by ourselves.


Walking to the clubhouse at 5, the sun is already beginning its quick descent
Things happen for a reason and us sitting by ourselves was a smart move tonight. A couple we’ve not seen before came in looking like we did. Knowing no one, looking for a place to sit. They asked if they could join us and it was one of those instant connections. Lynn and Paul are full-timers after selling their house in Lake Havasu and moving into the park for the winter….maybe. Interesting couple for sure and we just clicked. We laughed a lot, telling stories of our youth and found we have a lot in common. We walked out together, exchanged our locations and will get together with them soon.
Quite the mode of transportation here in the park

The chefs
 Back at the Suite I sat to finish my post and Bill sat with his book. He is reading David Baldacci’s Last Man Standing which I finished not too long ago. He is enjoying it. We have American Pickers playing on the tv in the background and that is so neat now, after being at their location in Iowa.

The serving line on the left - hungry folk on the right
buns, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, onion, cheese and mustard, relish and ketchup
You get a small bag of chips, a cookie and lemonade
The burger tonight wasn’t as enjoyable as last weeks but I think that is only because I wasn’t as hungry. We didn’t have to cook today and for $5 it was a filling meal. They served lemonade at the clubhouse but we came home tremendously thirsty. I poured myself an iced tea and it was refreshing.


We’ve had a good day today. I hope you can say the same. Thank you for stopping in for a peek. Your comments are always appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day around town and enjoying more quality read time, Always fun to meet new people which usually happens when you attend park functions, keep enjoying the good life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying Lake Havasu and the People you are meeting there.
    Praying you get rid of those nasty Shingles soon. Remember how painful they were for Kathy.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like another wonderful day especially since you enjoyed two meals with no dishes afterwards...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the shingles pass quickly. There is something about the saying, 'strangers are just friends I haven't met yet' that is quite true. Dollar Tree (here and back in Canada) are the only true 'dollar' stores, although in Canada I think it may be a $1.25 now. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wonderful day except reading about your shingles makes me hurt for you. They keep pushing the shingles shot here every time we pick up a prescription, I'm not big on shots, but will ask the dr next time I see her. Hope you're feeling better soon. I love Dollar Tree, that's where I get my reading glasses for $1.00 a pair, much better than anywhere else. Love the mexican at Chili's..love it anywhere actually haha..

    ReplyDelete