Thursday, November 9, 2017

Things I Forgot – Belated Birthday Mention, Weddings, The Hand Wave, New Park to Explore, Sister Thoughts


Boy, these time changes are really playing with my head! When I woke at 5 am on Thursday, Nov. 9th it was still pitch-black outside. I rolled over and lay there awake for an hour, thinking of the things I meant to put in my last couple of posts. I wasn’t going back to sleep that was for sure so didn’t mind running these things over in my mind.

The sun on the palms behind us
At 6 when it was still a dark sunless sky, I remembered that we lost an hour here since leaving Nevada (where it was still only 5) and I believe someone told us that Arizona doesn’t practice daylight savings time. LOL, how is that for confusing? The bottom line is that we are now only 2 hours behind our loved ones at home in Ontar-iar-io! Are you with me now, sis?
Good morning!
We got up to greet this day and although we aren’t in a site that sees either the sunrise or the sunset I could see the blue cloudless sky and the sun shining on the beautiful palm trees behind our fence line. The trees are still and it is already 61F/16C at 8 o’clock. Yes! (hand pumps in the air or high fives, whatever) Before I forget there are a few things I want to write about, briefly, that I forgot over the last couple of days.

Our East Clubhouse and pool area
First, a Happy Birthday to my mother-in-law, Marilynne! We called her yesterday on her special day but I try to mention the birthdays on here too. 

I know she had a great day with Dad and went to my sister-in-law’s place for dinner.

Laundry with 8 machines, I think

West pool
Second, on the day we drove to Las Vegas touring, I took some pictures on S. Las Vegas Boulevard I want to share. It was so cool to see all of the wedding chapels along this strip and I only caught a few. Even one where ‘Elvis’ performed the ceremony. Yesterday, a friend from home commented that she was married in Vegas so it reminded me to post these.
Kim, these pictures are for you
The wedding caddy





Thirdly, another comment reminded me that I was remiss in posting a very important picture. When we drove on I-95S into Lake Havasu, we watched for the boondocking spot we stayed at last winter. We found it and then I saw it. The HAND mountain which is the best part. As our friend, Deb, said in her comment, it was waving at us as we passed by.
Last year's boondocking spot

And here is my favourite mountain waving a welcome to us
We need to put 20 days in somewhere before checking into Bullhead City and were going to stay there again for our allotted 2 weeks but there is no place to dump or get water easily. When Bill searched our membership directories he came across this park, a new AOR park, where we could stay and not have to worry about moving to dump. Now we only have to boondock for 4 days when we leave here so may go to the familiar haunt.


Today, my thoughts are with my older sister, Cathy. She is undergoing back surgery this morning and will be in the hospital for 5 or 6 days. We know she was very nervous about this procedure and all of us sisters have done our best to calm her nerves. Easy to say, not to do. The big picture is what we are all focusing on, hoping that she will soon be back to great active health, something she hasn’t experienced for quite a few years. Good luck, sis!
More oleanders, George!

Someone in the park has a cute little car
At 8:30 I went for a walk around the park perimeters. Whenever I do this, I always see better spots for one reason or another but I think with the heat we will be experiencing over the next week or so, we will be glad for the shade offered here on 306. I am close enough to sunny corners to catch rays if I so choose and I won’t forget the pool, just ‘over there’ by a few easy steps.

Our site
The morning went ‘zip’ and before we knew it our clocks were showing 1 pm. What did we even do this morning? I know we got the satellite dish set up and Bill visited with our neighbor for a bit. I made up bacon and eggs for breakfast and then I sat in the sun reading for a while. I guess we messed around with our pictures on our laptops, putting them in folders etc. A job that needed to be done.

At 1:30 we changed and headed up to the pool together. It was a hot spot this afternoon and not only because it was 82F but because it was popular. We snagged two side by side chairs, one in the sun and one in the shade. Perfect for us two. We got wet and spent 20 minutes in the pool together before I got out and read my book. In the sun, of course.
Clemson finds the sunny spot inside the Suite
Bill joined in the conversations in the pool for another 30 minutes or so and then I rejoined him with a pool noodle. I seem to stay in the water longer with a floater.  
 
Our East side pool

The pool was well occupied today
We swam around for a while chatting with a couple from Alberta and then got into the hot tub. Wow, this is the life. When we got out I went back to my lounge chair, flip side, and Bill wandered back to the Suite.

And sits on Dad's towel outside while the sun goes down
When I returned 30 minutes later, he was sitting outside with Clemson, in the shade watching NCIS on his outside tv. We didn’t need the sun, it was so beautiful just like this. I changed out of my bathing suit and sat beside him with my book.

Bill is enjoying his tv set up outside
A couple who was walking stopped in to introduce themselves. Leslie and Carson from Alberta. We swapped stories and were surprised to learn 40+ years ago they lived in St. Thomas, a mere 30 minutes from our former home city in Ontario. A great thing about this lifestyle, we meet really nice people doing the same thing we are.


At 6 o’clock Bill lit the barbecue and grilled our sausages while I made up a salad inside. I’ve tried the Red Strawberry Vinaigrette dressing and really like it. Usually vinaigrette isn’t my thing. We cleaned up and Bill went upstairs to the bedroom to watch tv up there so I could watch an episode or two of This is Us. I have 3 recorded on our pvr.
And the sun goes down
I sat and finished this post while it was playing, trying not to get too distracted. This has been another fun day and we are so totally relaxed. I hope you can say the same for your day. At 4 pm, our time, I heard that my sister Cathy made it through her surgy fine and was in her room resting. Yay, way to go sis!

Good night from Lake Havasu


Thank you for reading. I’d love to hear from you.

11 comments:

  1. Gotta love the good life and you guys are are enjoying it, keep having too much fun there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do love the good life and doing our best to live it well! :)
      Thanks George!

      Delete
  2. Glad your sister's surgery went well and that you are both enjoying yourselves basking by the pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Cathy has a long road to recovery but the worry part for her is over. such a lovely pool.

      Delete
  3. Glad to read your sister's surgery went well.
    Happy to see the "hand" is still there and doing well...lol
    From the pictures you posted it looks like you have landed in a beautiful place to sit back and relax.
    Always love when the clouds turn pink at that end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Deb, she has a long recovery but she is strong willed. :)
      This is a lovely park.
      I love those clouds too, almost as much as or better than the sunsets.

      Delete
  4. Glad your sister's surgery was ok. You seem to having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the surgery went well. Happy Birthday to M-I-L. The park looks great, and I love the wedding chapels. A drive thru wedding, what a hoot. Love the old cars too.

    ReplyDelete