Thursday, November 2, 2017

Walkabouts, Laundry, Pool Dips, States and Relaxation


On Thursday, Nov. 2nd I woke up at 5:30 when Clem jumped off the bed. Oh-oh that’s early to want out but Bill was up just as quickly to take care of it. We laid in bed for another half hour and got up just after 6. We had our morning drinks while reading comments and getting caught up on other blogger posts. It is a nice way to start each day.

So while waiting for the laundry, I found a spot in the sun to read
It was only 50F but it felt plenty warm in a tee and shorts
Today, we aren’t going anywhere outside of the park. Since we didn’t have enough American change yet to do laundry we had to wait until the office was open before doing our laundry. At 8:30 Bill drove me and the dirty clothes first to the office and then to the Clubhouse laundromat. It has the 4 washers and 4 dryers and we needed 3 of them.


We were in luck and they were free. He helped load and then took the detergent back. I like to stay around close and read to pass the time. Bill went back and moved the chairs, coffee table, sofa and anything else movable to vacuum all areas of the Suite floors. We’d lost a coaster that we bought in Arizona last year.

Love the green in this evergreen
Somehow during one of the moves it bumped off the chair (oops I forgot to tuck them away!) and disappeared. We looked everywhere so today Bill pulled everything out to clean up all the dead flies plus keep an eye open for it. It was a no show. When he brought me back from the laundromat, we sat and I had another tea and we shared a Cinnabon. I know! I know! Terrible but good!

The park names all of their cacti and trees
I like that!


Talking about where the coaster might be, I suggested looking in the baskets under the coffee table…………yup, there it was. When we move we have to turn the table end to end so the slides can close. Obviously a bumpy road caused it to drop from the theatre seating right into the basket. Phew! 

Not only does this show our little lazy bum on Dad's shirt
but it also shows one coaster
We had visions of it being caught under a slide-out and the mess of problems that could have created. Too bad all mysteries can’t be solved that easily, even though we have been without it for 3 days.

This is the other coaster after Bill retrieved it from the basket underneath
Bill got out our stickers and placed 5 states on our map. We only put a sticker on if we have slept in that state in our Suite. Yay! Looking good! If we go home on a route further south and stay in a different state, we may be able to add to our map. Either way, this has been a great change from last year.


After 12, with laundry done, Bill had a few little jobs to do. Our door hinge had a squeak and our steps were getting stiff so needed some grease. He also made note that we need to look for a couple of step covers at the RV Warehouse down the road. While he did those things, I walked up to the pool with my book, my phone, my water and my hat.
Great pool and we had it all to ourselves
There were a couple of ladies swimming already. I marveled that today was one of the few times I’ve been able to walk directly into a pool. How nice to have it heated. I did some swimming around before moving to the hot tub and then a nice relaxing chair. Oh wow, that sun felt good. It wasn’t long, maybe 30 minutes and Bill joined me. What a surprise, I wasn’t expecting that!

Bill enjoys the spa
We swam together for a while and had the whole pool and area to ourselves. Another bubbly soothing hot tub and more sun before Bill walked home. I stayed another 45 minutes as there isn’t too much room on our site to sit in the sun. I walked through the pond area and the fish were trying to tell me they were hungry. Sorry guys, I don’t have anything for you.

Bill and Clemson were relaxing with NCIS, I don’t know if Bill dozed or not. We both felt like a nibble so I had an ice cream bar and Bill had some chips. Just enough to tide us over until summer. A simple but delicious meal on the menu tonight. Grilled sausage and french fries. Yum.
It warmed my heart to be able to see Mom today
Thanks Pat
So, I’m sitting in my recliner with Bill and my phone pings. It is a Messenger message from our friend, Pat, in Durham. She was sweet enough to find Mom at Rockwood, who was playing crokinole, and we had a Facetime chat! Pat, you have no idea how special that was……….well, actually you probably do. Thank you so much, Mom looks wonderful! I commented on how nice her hair looked and she remembered that she'd just had it done yesterday. Awesome! I know her appointments are Wednesdays.

Thought I'd missed it again so took this from the Suite door
At 5 we started to prepare supper. I cut the potatoes and Bill got the sausages ready for the grill.  I took a chance to catch the sunset and ran out at 5:20 . Yes, I'd just missed it again but the sky was pretty at least. We were eating by 5:45 and cleaned up by 6:30 and Bill started planning our day tomorrow. It should be fun!

and it wasn't a total loss

the sky was beautiful



Today, we had a very good day of ease, just the way we like it and needed it. I hope you had a good day too.

Closing with pink clouds and pink mountains.
Good night!
Thank you for reading. If you wish to make a comment, I’d love to read it.

6 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful campground, some down time after the travel days is nice, enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is a great place for sure.
      lots to do if you want and close to everything.

      Delete
  2. What a great campground and the pool looks wonderful! How sweet of Pat, very thoughtful! You are blessed with some great friends. Love the NV sunsets :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pool is really a nice one. I'm not a great swimmer but I like floating around on the noodles too. Pat is truly a special friend, who else would think to do that?
      Looking forward to catching the sunsets here, better than I have been!

      Delete