Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Snow Returns, Bill Puts in 8+ Hours, I Get Lazy-er, Special Birthday

When I woke up on Tuesday, Apr. 17th, the clock read 6 am so I happily rolled over to go back to sleep. I knew Bill was in an awake state as well, when his feet stretched across the expanse of our king bed to touch mine. That is kind of our silent ‘good morning’ before first words are spoken. With Clemson in between us, there has always been that separation, especially in this large bed. Let’s face it, we couldn’t remain curled up together for too long anyway, body heat doesn’t allow it.

His alarm went off before 7, I think and he rose and got into the shower. I don’t remember when I crawled out but it wasn’t soon after and we had our first drinks together. Soon enough, the snow returned erupting a groan from each of us. Come on! Enough already! We are really getting the itch/urge/craving to move on to our ‘home’ ground at the Ridge. We checked, once more, the forecast for London as well as Durham for the next few days and made a decision. Friday, come hell or high water, we are leaving this spot.
at one point today, I couldn't find Clemson
He was sound asleep on my pillow sham and blended in so well
So, Bill went in to CanAm around 8. He had 2 orientations to do today, one this morning and one this afternoon. At one point he called and told me that he had heard from our mechanic and they are still waiting for our Hankook tires to arrive. The good news is that it means I don’t have to take the truck out in this weather. Remember, I haven’t driven in snow for quite a while. Hopefully though, they will arrive today so we can take care of it tomorrow or Thursday.

“Lazy” took over. I grabbed a banana, cleaned up the dishes from our hot chocolate last night and Bill’s cereal bowl before popping one of our newly purchased cd’s in. It was fun listening to some of the tunes we heard last night and knowing the artists in person. Then I switched to one of our Bee Gees dvd’s. We’d been trying the other night to get the dvd player working without success but lo and behold, I figured it out. Yay! Sometimes, you just frustrated with stuff and that increases the problem.

Happy Birthday to my beautiful Mom!
Around 10 I made a phone call to Mom. Today is her 92nd birthday. My first call got a zero response so she wasn’t back up from breakfast yet. I waited 15 minutes and tried again to get a cheerful ‘Hello’. She thought it was so great that I called to wish her a Happy Birthday, otherwise she would not have known. Bless her heart. We had a nice chat and I told her I would see her in a few days. Sunday, our family is having a belated Easter and birthday celebration with her at Rockwood.

Mom, she can't believe she is 92!!
No wonder, she looks awesome!
So, I enjoyed the 2-hour special and then since I was on a roll, popped in one of our movies. Autumn in New York with the ever-handsome heart throb, Richard Gere and sweet Winona Ryder. Just what I needed, a romantic film, sitting here by myself. Ha ha! Bill isn’t often keen on the same movies I want to see so this is actually perfect for me. At one point, I paused it to take Mr. Clemson out for a piddle/poop and both of us felt the frigid cold wind hit us in the face. We weren’t out long, let me tell you.

The snow has been off and on all day, so not much is accumulating. We saw Bill doing the hitchwork on the Imagine but I don’t know if that was his morning appointment or his afternoon one. It was 1:30 so who knows? Back inside, I finished the movie and dug out a recipe for a chicken casserole of some kind. At least being hooked up to hydro/electric, I can bake using my oven or even electric appliances.

It turned out not too bad
I prepared the boneless chicken breasts and placed them in the baking pan. Spiced according to taste and poured a mix of soup, mushrooms and milk overtop. It is a little variation of the last time I made one. Instead of mixed vegetables from the freezer, I only had corn to add. There were some potatoes left over from the other night so Bill can eat those on the side with this dish. He still hasn’t returned from his full work day so I have no idea what he did for lunch. I don't worry about him, if he needs to eat, his home is not far away.

Clemson sat with me in my chair all afternoon, between my ups and downs and never once bothered me for his dinner. Finally, at quarter to 5, he moved and he got supper. He was a very good boy today. That means after he chows down, a walk out into the cold. By the time I bundled up good, I figured we would take a longer walk than usual. So we walked along the fence and then up the drive to the front lawn.

Bill returned just after 5 and had a full day, moving from one customer directly to the other. We sat together in our chairs, while supper cooked and it wasn’t long before his eyes were closing. Supper was ready at 5:45 and the chicken came out pretty moist. I added cottage cheese, olives and tomatoes to my plate and the meal went down well. We didn’t waste time cleaning up the dishes tonight.

And this has been the story all day
Cloudy, dull, some snow and only -4C
I apologize for the lack of pictures today. It just wasn’t the kind of day, again, to get out to snap photos. Same old same old. This is Tuesday, our favourite tv night so we are hoping to get reception on our antenna for the right channel. We missed the shows last week and survived so there are certainly no repercussions if we miss them. This has been a quiet day, we’ve had word that our tires are in and Bill has an appointment for Thursday afternoon. Yay! I hope yours has been a good one and mostly that yours was warmer than ours.


Thank you for stopping by today! I love to hear from you and will respond to every post in time.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice relaxing day, a couple movies and sputtering around. Looks like no snow on the ground there . We still have a good amount here hope to see it go away in the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good movie day. No snow staying on the ground here.
      Hope the snow goes away for sure!

      Delete
  2. I like those quiet days. Makes me feel better I'm not the only one sitting around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your adorable mom!! Love that smile, just like yours! I don't like that spam, I see Tom and Deb got hit with it too. Dinner looks amazing..great comfort food for days like you have been having. I know you're itching to get to The Ridge. Hopefully it'll be nice and clear on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mom is a great inspiration for us girls. :)
      Stupid spam, never seen one that bad before!
      We are hoping for the travel day to the Ridge to come soon.....everyone is working to get us up there! :)

      Delete
  4. Shirley just said, what I was going to say...I see the spam found you, also.
    Will spring ever come? Hopefully for you by Friday. Since, come hell our high water you are headed towards the Ridge...:) For our area Spring has 9 more days. Our daughter did offer to go out with a hair dryer and melt the snow...LOL
    Great pictures of your mom. I am guessing you are anxious to be hugging her in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that spam jumps around doesn't it?
      Hopefully by Friday. We will leave here and find even a Walmart near home if we can't get in. Our brother in law is going over tomorrow with a snow blower to see what it looks like. I said come hell or high water! :) haha
      thanks, hugging Mom is definitely a priority!!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you've had a pretty good day. Sounds like Bill had a busy one!
    Happy Birthday to Mom. She looks fantastic! Not a day over 50.
    Hopefully The Ridge is ready for you folks on Friday.
    Safe travels, stay warm.

    ReplyDelete