Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Still in London, Positive Spring Vibes, Hearing From Home Folk, Bill Keeps Busy, Another Special Birthday!

I woke up at a few minutes before 7 on Wednesday, Apr. 18th. It seemed bright out there but alas, just the white clouds in the sky were creating the illumination this morning. At least it was dry, nothing falling from them. 60% chance today of flurries here in London before it moves to the northeast tomorrow. We talk so much about this weather, that for the first time in a long time, I woke up with a positive vibe about spring.

A walk around the lot again
Yes, we are still in London

things are drying up nicely
Hope it lasts!
 On London CTV news last night, Julie forecasted something called **sunshine** for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday! It has been so long that I’ve almost forgotten how lovely that words sounds, rolling over my tongue. We are so ready for it though. So, hopefully a couple more days of the white stuff and things will change. Spring will change for the better. 

Such a dull day, the clouds never budged here
Special mention today to our grandson, Connor. He is a teenager today and that is worth celebrating! It is one of those milestone ages and I remember how exciting it was for me to become 13. Happy Birthday, Connor! I'm so glad our birthday card arrived exactly on time!

Such a cutie........er, handsome young teen!
I woke up also with the thought that I should finally try and get in and see my doctor. Typical, we, Bill and I, wait so long before doing that. It isn’t anything serious but something that has been nagging at me for a week now. My home ‘cure’ attempts suggested by the Pharmacist on Saturday seemed to be working but…. anyway, if I can get a quick appointment, great. Just long enough to write me a script at least. Fingers crossed, his hours are crazy.

Bill went from doing one orientation on a Momentum Toy Hauler this morning to doing two units today. Since we are here, if they need help, it is nice that they can keep him busy. I wonder if they need help filing? 😊 

My sister's home in Hanover 

20 minutes from The Ridge in Durham
We’ve been in close contact with my sister, Donna, in Hanover (20 min. west of the Ridge) regarding weather. She sent me pictures yesterday of their front yard. This morning our good friends, Rob and Pat, sent pictures of what they got yesterday. No idea how bad the Ridge is but we’ll touch base Thursday night or Friday morning. Jello plans may jiggle.

Durham got dumped on yesterday
 Today, I felt like listening to my Blue Rodeo cd. It is my absolute favourite cd and gets played in my car more than anything else. I still like the SiriusXM radio we have in the Suite but I like a change sometimes just like the next person. First, I turned the furnace on for a quick warm up in the bathroom and had my shower. Oh, that gave me the boost I needed! When you don’t feel you ‘need’ to shower, sometimes that gets put on the back burner so I’ve let 3 days slip by. Tsk tsk.
And our friend's home property in Durham

I made myself another tea and had a banana with some yogourt while listening to my tunes and waiting for the dr. office to open. I’m not expecting miracles today, he is only there for an hour and at the hospital the rest of the day. Clemson can’t decide where he wants to settle today. Perhaps he has that restless, let’s move, feeling too. He has been up on the bed 5 times and our chairs just as many. We always think that he is looking for clothes on the bed OR sunshine.

I spent the rest of my day with some reading, some walks with Clemson and a walk into the CanAm office/store with some chocolate macaroons. It was just around lunch time so my cookies were appreciated for dessert. I wanted to tell Bill that my doctor’s office called back and he is such a nice guy that he is calling in a brand new prescription for me without even seeing me! Awesome! That is one of the reasons we want to keep our home physician for now.


With a long afternoon ahead of me, Clemson and I chose a movie to watch again. One that I’ve never seen before yet was inclined to buy it at a garage sale. If you get the chance to see Charlie Wilson’s War with Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts (and numerous others we like), I recommend it. It is based on a true story. So, when that finished, Clemson had fallen asleep on my lap and I watched the time slip past my tea time aka Happy Hour.

Bill returned from his day’s work at 4:30 and that was when the pooch jumped off my chair. I got up and made a tea after taking him out for another quick jaunt. We are trying to decide if we ‘like’ the new program called “Harry”. Harry Connick Jr. is following in the footsteps of Oprah and Ellen and many I can’t think of right now. We enjoy some of the guests but it is too premature to decide whether I can stick with watching it. I don’t like the bands that they have, to me they aren’t necessary.

Supper was good and I might even have room for some ice cream later
At 6, I cut up a potato for fries and coated 2 pollock fillets. Today was the day to try deep frying the fish in our fryer instead of a fry pan. Actually, supper turned out quite well and we will do that again. Other than 3 or 4 fries, I stuck to my salad as my side dish. We cleaned up the dishes and Bill will finish off the last of the rice pudding tonight. This has been another quiet day but I’ve enjoyed the movie and music time I’ve had. I hope yours has been a good one too.


Thank you for stopping by today! I love to hear from you and will respond to every post in time.

11 comments:

  1. Don't say that bad four letter S word. Lol
    Hope the meds pick you up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that weather doesn't look good for your moving up to The Ridge on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! We may be camping out at the Walmart in Hanover or in my sister's driveway in Chatsworth. We have a family gathering for Mom on Sunday and we're not missing that. :)

      Delete
  3. The weather will be getting better soon should be quite nice by next week, and you can have fun at the Ridge. Another week for us and we can move on down the road as well and enjoy some nicer weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, warm weather is around the corner. Sooner or later, we'll get 'home'. Our main focus right now is to get up to that main area.
      Two weeks in a parking lot is becoming tired and CanAm have been more than obliging and still not asking us to leave.

      Delete
  4. Hoping the weather cooperates for you soon. Can't remember spring being this cold for awhile. We will all be ready when the sun pops out and hangs around instead of popping in and out every few days/weeks. Enjoy the event for your Mom. Special times!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Connor! Yes 13 is a special age to celebrate. He is adorable! 2 of our grandsons turned 13 this year also, now I know they're anticipating 16 when they can drive! Nice that your doctor called in a prescription for you without having to be seen! Hope it cures what ails you! Nice that Bill is in the parking lot and can help out when needed. Can Am will never want you guys to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Echoing Shirley with all the help they are getting from Bill CanAm will never want you to leave. Also, hope the prescription your very nice doctor called in helps take care of whatever the issue is.
    Hope Spring shows up for you guys soon, very soon. To be as close as you are and not be able to make the final stop for the summer would drive me "bonkers"...
    Just checked Bills ratings for the roads to Amarillo and we will be on our way in a bit. Tell him thanks, we appreciate the heads up about the lack of places to stop. So I have a lunch prepared...:)
    Stay warm...fingers crossed you see the sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. He may have turned into a teenager but he is still a cutie...:)

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday Conner.
    Glad the dr was helpful. Always nice when they know you and it isn't necessary to make the trek to the office to waste their time, your time and everyone else's time when it takes a quick script to fix everything.
    I have to tell you, that header picture makes me shiver every time I sign on to your blog. LOL. It's a beautiful picture but it makes me cold every time.
    Lots of snow in Durham, hopefully it melts really quickly.
    Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete