Sunday, January 27, 2019

Last Show Day, Warm Winter Days – You Gotta Love ‘Em!


I was awake on Sunday, Jan. 27th at 5:30 and knew that after going to bed at 9 last night, I was done sleeping. I remained in bed listening to the slumber sounds of my sleeping sweetheart. I got up at 6:45 and got dressed and sat at my laptop. It wasn’t long and Bill came downstairs after I did and made his coffee. The east sky was stunning and once it lifted into the clouds, it was light enough for me to head out the door.




I just couldn't choose one or two of these untouched beauties
My direction began the same up towards the front but I veered off to the east past the dumpsters for a bit and then a zig zag back home again. Another beautiful 47F morning with no wind. We are so blessed to experience this in January. I know I keep saying that! Back home, Bill and I got cleaned up and drove into the Big Tent for one last walk through. This was closing day, at 3 pm, all venues will close for the year.

And within minutes, this was the view in the same direction
Proud Canadian here
This is quite the little tent!

The elephant water tank is the entrance to where we park for free
Going in this morning, Bill wondered who actually gets water from the tanks
On our way out, we had our answer
Bill was looking for one thing and once we found it, we slowed our pace and wandered through the tent. It felt similar to our experiences in Los Algodones. “No thank you, no thanks, nope, don’t need it”. When we left the tent, we did what we always enjoy doing, because we can. 

Lots of room in the parking lot beside the Big Tent today
We walked through many of Paul Evert’s (now RV Country) motor coaches. There are many models, old and new, all interesting. Even some old, used models were nicely displayed with cool floor plans.

Not too many people here at all
at 9
We headed back home shortly after 10 and I started making our egg omelette sandwiches for brunch. They were very good, as usual. I know the way to Bill’s heart. We cleaned up dishes and then we said goodbye to George and Rose. They were pulling out to go to Dome Rock free blm for a few days, where they could do some gold digging. They have a very neat hobby that they both enjoy. This way, they don’t have to worry about paying the $40 which makes sense because they haven’t been here 2 weeks like the rest of us.

Something purty for the guys

Yup, it's an engine!
We’ll all see them tomorrow night for supper. I changed into shorts and went outside with my book. I’m reading David Baldacci’s Saving Faith and within the first chapter I’m hooked.  Bill read inside for a while and then dozed. I had to turn my chair away from the heat of the sun over the noon hour yet keeping the wind at my back. The winds picked up, of course, about an hour before happy hour at 3 but we gathered together anyway. The location is yet to be determined.

Just browsing motor homes for fun
and we were left alone for the most part
This one is a 2007 and quite lovely inside

Same model, different colour choices and layout
2006
As Bill stepped out the door with his rum and Coke in hand, Tom waved him over so the location was quickly decided. There was no wind after a few minutes and the good times rolled. This was fun, we had a lot of laughs and in groups of two or three, the stories were told. Rob and Suzie chatted in one corner, George and Deb in another, Pat and Kim discussed Insta Pots and Tom, Ken, Bill and I reminisced our childhood traditions. Remember when…..? This was a fun Happy Hour. We finally packed up our chairs and headed home just before 5:30.

And another old one with interesting colours
Their tv placement never quite works out for us
This one had a couple of nice 'glass/plexiglass' corner cupboards for glasses
and wine glass slots
A lot of large coaches pulled out today
I'm appalled at the dust they create
Look beyond Bill at how dirty their tow vehicle is getting!
The sun is setting later and later and the nights are staying warmer, longer. It was 75F when I checked the outdoor temperature so probably a true reading would be 70F. Our thermometer sits on the slide-out bar so at that time of night, it is in direct sun. 

And our Happy Hour location was perfect
No jackets required

Lots of conversations going on today
All I know is that I was still in capris and a sleeveless top. Beautiful days! Bill lit the Weber and took our cardboard and old financial papers out to the firepit. With no wind, it was a better time to burn them.

Ready for the barbecue

Ready for consumption
The steak was very thick, I don’t know why we buy them like that. I guess because of the price. We could probably have shared a half of this steak but nevertheless, it was a good meal, with baked potato and grilled mushrooms on the side. We cleaned up dishes by 7 and I sat to download my pictures from the day. I didn’t take many other than sky photos but it was just a relaxing type of ‘enjoy the weather’ day. That was exactly what we did.


Goodnight from La Posa South

I hope your day was fun too. Thank you for paying my blog a visit today. I love reading your comments if you care to leave one.

12 comments:

  1. It was a another wonderful warm sunny day. no complaints here at all. Loving this warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed seeing a bit of Quartzsite since we haven’t been there in
    so long. Also fun looking in the Motorhomes for sale. Amazing how nice so
    many of them are.
    Do you and your friends stay in a park while your there or boon dock?
    You have probably said and I’ve missed it,
    Thanks again for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are boondocking while here in Quartzsite. We will be happy to get into a full hookup park but this is always fun short term.

      Delete
  3. The whole time we were in Parker today I was thinking this is a perfect sit out day. Oh well, I am sure there will be more.
    Back up one day. Glad to read you all had a fun time at the Canadian Potluck. I know we always think it is fun to get together at the Yooper Picnic and see how many people are out here from where we come from. We never win any of the raffles either...lol...but still fun.
    Like your "just because I like it picture" and the "peace brother" saguaro.
    This morning's colors were amazing. One thing for sure Happy Hour is never boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day for doing whatever, even shopping and laundry. :)

      Delete
  4. But WHAT an engine!!!!!! lol Dinner look delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sunrise and sunset pictures! WOW! Dinner looked positively wonderful...those grilled mushrooms YUM! Of course Happy Hour is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful day in the desert. We are truly blessed with good friends, good health and a good life.

    ReplyDelete