Thursday, January 3, 2019

Park Tours, Sam’s Club, Another Last Happy Hour, Puzzle Time with my Buddy, Concern for Friends


On Thursday, Jan. 3rd I was up and out the door at 7:10 for my walk. I had an envelope to give to Dorothy from Freddy so because I don’t always see her in the mornings, I dropped it on her step. As it turned out, I met up with her on my return route and she was very pleased to get Freddy’s message. Back home, I had my tea with Bill and read a couple of blog posts that I’d missed last night before bed.

And if you remember yesterday's photo,  the moon had a dark background
Today it was much lighter out but you can still see the moon, Venus and teeny Mercury
I made us poached eggs on toast and then Bill had his shower. Rob and Pat were driving and we were all going on a couple of park tours just for curiosity. They had never seen the park we are going into in February so we popped in there to see our sites before driving to Copper Mountain RV Resort, 40 miles out, and then one last stop at CVR Carefree Village Resort. This was a park we’d tried to book in the fall and couldn’t get in. A very nice park, similar to Sundance.

the park is filling up now that Christmas is over
A week ago there were none in this row
We made a stop at Sam’s Club for a handful of items, Keurig coffee being #1 on our list, and then to Pet Smart for dry dog food for someone special in our house. The day has turned out very nice and after I had a coffee and pepperoni and cheeses, I texted Pat to invite her up to the puzzle room. Someone has done leaps and bounds on this one so we wanted to contribute something if we could. 

This is how I found the new puzzle this morning

We walked up at 2:30 for an hour.

It was a pretty drive out Frontage Road 
After we got back it was time for Happy Hour, our last one with George and Suzie. They are pulling out tomorrow.  We assembled next door at Rob and Pat’s site. I was sitting facing the sun so was toasty warm in a sleeveless top and long pants. Those in the shade were feeling more chill and needed long sleeves or jackets. Other than George, who had been in shorts all day catching the suns rays. At 5 Bill and I were the last to head home.


It was an easy supper of leftover chicken and dumplings and possibly ice cream for dessert. It has been a while since we’ve treated ourselves with a dessert dish. After a ‘curious’ day, checking with the office about our friends’ expected arrival in the park, I finally checked emails. My notification was turned off the other day when I was trying to understand why my phone battery was depleting so quickly. Unfortunately, I’d turned my message notifications off accidently so I didn’t realize I had emails waiting.

All along the highway, new electric poles were going up

Upon checking, we were sad to see that Marlene and Benno ran into more difficulty during their travel today and had emailed us with their update. Broken down on the road this morning, they are certainly enduring a challenging trip. I felt bad that I hadn’t checked earlier, not that there was much we could do other than offer support in a reply. We hope they’re okay for the night. Fingers crossed that they will get things fixed so they can head out tomorrow again.

The fields are producing all those fresh vegetables we love
Supper was ready and over by 6. Leftovers are always easy and sometimes taste better the second time around. Bill had mixed vegetables and I had spaghetti squash on the side. It was a fulfilling meal and still another serving before it is gone. Those two chicken thighs went a long way!

It tasted better than it looked, I think
Bill washed and I dried the dishes and we relaxed for the evening. The nights have been cool, with forecasts of 32F/0C for a couple of nights but so far, we haven’t dropped that low.

No sunset photo tonight but an Arizona scene instead
This has been a good day with some shopping, some touring around and some relaxing as well. I hope your year is starting off on the right foot. Thank you for the visit!

14 comments:

  1. Its was wonderful sunny very warm day we enjoyed, nice that you guys got to tour about a bit and have a fun day, too bad about Marlene and Benno. Hope they get things taken care of and back on the road again, I guess we will be gone before they get here was hoping to meet up with them finally, Say hi for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice day for sure. We enjoyed ourselves. Hoping to hear from Marlene today with better news. We will pass along your greetings.

      Delete
  2. I made sure that when the clock struck 12 on New Years that I lifted my left foot so that I could start off the year on the right foot. Happy New Year to you guys by the way. Glad it is a little warmer there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorne. Now, if I'd only thought of that! :) Happy New Year to you and Sue too!

      Delete
  3. Keep the sun shining for me. I'm slowly heading your way!!! I always love to see the green fields of Yuma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll do our best, we've had clear blue skys for awhile now. Look forward to seeing you at some point! I love the green and don't forget the purple lettuce fields too.

      Delete
  4. I like the fields of green veggies....you know how we feel about the rocks and dessert yards. :-) We had -1 C over night and high of +3 for this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know about the yards, but I had you convinced that they look very pretty and Gerry when he realized no grass cutting. :D You are going to have a pretty nice day today too!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for delivering Freddy's pictures to Dorothy, Patsy.
    Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday. I miss being at Pilot Knob and visiting with you all. It usually takes me a few days to settle into a new place. Say hi to Pat and Rob and Bill for us. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm sure she likes them.
      It was a nicer day without the strong wind and again this morning. I missed you on my walks both mornings. I hope you settle in and enjoy where you are. Greetings back at ya, I'm sure, when I see R & P.

      Delete
  6. Sounds and looks, from the pictures, like you took a nice ride and had a good day in general. It was nice in the sun especially since the wind died down.
    Hope your friends are back on their way soon. I am wondering if some sort of "Bermuda Triangle" has moved in and is hovering over the route west.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to look at parks before you actually make reservations. Sounds like a great day, getting things done too. Hope your friends can get there soon with no more troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always nice to tour places before staying in them. I like to know what I'm getting into before getting there. Dinner looked wonderful. I sometimes add Italian Seasoning to spaghetti squash, it gives it a nice flavour. Glad you're enjoying the sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are keeping warm. Looks like we are into the 60s for the next week.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete