Tuesday, February 5, 2019

A Yarn Tale, Warm Day


On Tuesday, Feb. 5th, we both woke around the same time and got up at a few minutes before 7. A few, like 3 minutes to 7. Bill had his coffee right away but I chose to wait until after my walk and set out as soon as I could see down the lane. It was mild again in the early 50’s with no wind. Perfect type of day for a morning walk. I covered every street in the park but the 2 right near us.

The morning sky to the east
First, I stopped at the end of our row and deposited our recyclables into the bin and about 10 plastic caps into the bucket. My good deed for the day. As I was heading back, I noticed many folk walking, biking and ‘golf carting’ to the pool. 

Flowering oleander

And this row of beautiful Chrysanthemums
It must be Aquafit this morning at 8. I made a mental note to stop at the office and get an events booklet. The page calendar they give out is not conclusive at all. When I got back, I made a tea and sat reading some blogs. A quick bite of cereal for Bill and hot oatmeal for me hit the spot.

I walked through here to a very large wash
It said Enter at your own risk but it was dry so I entered

Looking down the wash to the north

and to the south
We got cleaned up and drove to Yuma Palms area for a few things. Withdrawing some cash was top on the list so we stopped at a CVS to use the Allpoint machine. These machines are great as we don’t get charged the service fee $3.95 (or whatever it is) to take our money out. I wandered down the aisles and found my Calcium pills and some hair stuff. Bill didn’t have luck at the machine today, it was out of order. We drove about 3 blocks further to find the next CVS at I95 & 16th. Success! Start the car!!!
I enjoy reading the signs in the park
People with a sense of humour

this picture is for our friends in the UP
Tom and Deb, I thought you'd enjoy this
From there, we stopped at Harbor Freight and Bill found a couple of items that he was looking for that were on sale. This place is always busy. We walked out with even more savings coupons for the next time. They keep our guys going back, don’t they? Lastly, I nipped into Hobby Lobby to purchase the wool I needed to finish a project. I was disappointed to find they only had 5 of the 8 balls I wanted so I had to improvise a bit. Bought three balls in a matching solid hue. I think it will all work out thanks to Rosie’s tips on crocheting.

Wait a minute???? Oh, Iowa, not Canada
Our friends sign says the same thing

Horsie ride, anyone?
Back home, I made our omelette sandwiches and had mine in fried tortillas. At least our meals were on time today so we would be significantly hungry for supper. After dishes, we made up a coffee each and Bill set to work painting more on his model kit.

If you're looking to buy here, this nice corner lot
is listed at a low price

I was between books so took my wool outside in the sun to get going again with my crocheting. It was a 69F but I was refraining from going to the pool today. The winds were around 12mph plus I wasn’t in the mood, I guess.

Breakfast for lunch
Neighbours pulled in across from us, Canadian neighbours, and Michigan neighbours on the other side of Rob and Pat and then Washington neighbours beside us. The sites don’t stay empty for long at this time of year. I sat outside and got right back into the pattern when the yarn snagged. I had made sure to pull the one from the centre yet after half a row, it wouldn’t release any more. Grrr! I took it inside and up on the bed, took the ball apart. What a mess.

Tonight's sunset
The rest of my afternoon was spent unravelling and rerolling it into a ball. For an hour, Bill helped me, he’s good at that kind of thing but I still wasn’t done. We had to stop at 6:15 to make supper. Luckily, it was just a matter of warming up the meat loaf and boiling a vegetable so it took no more than 10 minutes and we were eating. 


Dishes were done by 7 and with nothing on television worth watching, I worked on my blog and finished rolling the yarn.

Bill and I were behind this truck in Yuma today
We got a kick out of her sign
This has been a quiet day but a good one all the same. I hope you can say the same. I had to include the following 3 pictures that I took on my morning walk. Worth a chuckle.



I think it's a family affair
Good night everyone from Yuma
I wanted to thank you all for visiting my blog today. I love hearing from you if you wish to make a comment.

As I went to post tonight, this notice was on blogger. Not sure if it affects you or me.
Following the announcement of Google+ API deprecation scheduled for March 2019, a number of changes will be made to Blogger’s Google+ integration on 4 February 2019. 

Google+ widgets: Support for the “+1 Button”, “Google+ Followers” and “Google+ Badge” widgets in Layout will no longer be available. All instances of these widgets will be removed from your blog. 

+1 buttons: The +1/G+ buttons and Google+ share links below blog posts and in the navigation bar will be removed. 

Please note that if you have a custom template that includes Google+ features, you may need to update your template. Please contact your template supplier for advice. 

Google+ Comments: Support for Google+ comments will be turned down, and all blogs using Google+ comments will be reverted back to using Blogger comments. Unfortunately, comments posted as Google+ comments cannot be migrated to Blogger and will no longer appear on your blog. 

18 comments:

  1. Mine had that as well, not sure what it all means but I'm certain it won't be good.
    Glad you managed to get the yarn straightened out. Nothing like a mess of yarn.
    Love the little things!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like seeing weird things like that on our blog site.
      Thanks, the wool is straightened out and I did some actual crocheting last night too. :)
      Thought the Littles' signs were cute!

      Delete
  2. You must be planning a bigger crocheting project with 8 balls, you have us guessing what it'll be? I would have loved to see a picture of the wool mess ;-)
    Interesting and funny signs in your park you only notice if you make the rounds, I think. This Google+ thing is affecting my blog somewhat, but haven't figured out yet if I have to make changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on something, yes, but until it is finished, it is a secret. I was going to take a picture of the mess but got too tangled up! haha
      love the humor in the signs all around us, if we just look.
      Hope we don't have to change anything on Blogger in order for people to comment.

      Delete
  3. The same notice is on ours and not sure what it means. I guess we will all find out soon. Nice pictures of the park really pretty hedge of flowers. You certainly saw some cute signs this morning, of course, our favorite would be the one of the UP...:) I hate it when yarn does that my other pet peeve is when there is a knot were yarn was added on. Hope you will share your project when it is done. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll find out, I'm sure, as you say. Those orange and yellow chrysanthemums are beautiful!
      Knew you'd enjoy the UP picture. :)
      Don't know why the yarn bunched up like that and why it tangles so much. It was a full afternoon 'tying' things up. haha

      Delete
  4. I did use the G + account for my blog when G PLUS first started. And my blog is also posted there, You have a G Plus account as well and your blog is there as well, it will be going away. As long as your blog template was made in Blogger all should be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George. This will answer it for a lot of my commenters above too. I knew you'd be able to respond to it. :)

      Delete
  5. I saw that yesterday on Blogger..no idea what it means..well, till I read George's comment haha. Great pictures Patsy..looks like you're enjoying your time there. How's Pat doing? Bill up and running around, so I assume he's feeling much better! You have more patience than me for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill is better thankyou and Pat almost back to her normal chipper self.
      I feel that the cold wants to invade my body so fighting hard against that.
      I came close a couple of times to cut cut cut but refrained!

      Delete
  6. Just an FYI, if you want $100.00 or less you can get cash back for free at Fry's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacie. We have done that but this was a larger amount by a few hundred. :)

      Delete
  7. Walmart also has no fee cash back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger. Will keep that in mind too when it is a smaller amount. :)

      Delete
  8. My Mother Crocheted for as long as I can recall. Whenever she purchased any Yarn she always rewound it to avoid any snags.
    Cute Signs!
    Be Safe and Stay warm.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Moms knew best. This one was a mess inside and only got worse as I unwound it. LOL

      Delete
  9. Too bad about your tangle delaying your project.
    I didn’t know about CVS Allpoint machine. Is it from a Canadian funds acct or U.S.?

    ReplyDelete