Friday, February 8, 2019

Arizona Market, Laundry? Mardi Gras in Old Town Yuma


On Friday, Feb. 8th we had plans to nip into the market, since we hadn’t been in a few weeks. We have some things we want to take care of this morning and cross off our list and Rob and Pat are going to join us. Yay! Getting back into our groove of shopping and going places together. We’ve missed the close connection while Pat and Bill were under the weather. Bill and I were up out of bed by 6:30 and 6:45, in that order.

Clemson started his day out in his sweater
Look at that little smile
Clemson remained in his bed, in his sweater, under the covers until finally he got up at 8:15. LOL Little lazy bones. We had a quick brekky this morning of oatmeal and toast and Bill hopped in the shower. I just needed a wash today. The weather is mid 40’s (7C) and no wind yet. The sun has risen but I skipped my early walk and will pick it up when we return from the market. The time is too short for a nice walk before we go. We left Clemson in charge and were out the door by 8:45.
The market was busy enough

It was a good morning to go
Bill drove this morning to Arizona Market and there were hardly any vehicles at that time. A couple of vendors were just opening and we wandered, going our separate ways before meeting up again around 10:30 at the Food Court. We had a hot cup of coffee and tea at the food court for a rest before we finished our shopping and headed home. Bill found some things at Wally’s World that will be helpful for his plans back home on the Ridge. Plus, the prices were excellent!

My Yarn Project bag
A couple of weeks ago, in Quartzsite, I mentioned to Bill that I wanted to find a bag for my yarn things and ongoing projects. Today, at the Arizona Market, I found what I was looking for and I’m very pleased with it. I found it at Wally’s World which is essentially geared toward the male species BUT with patience, us ladies can also find something for the kitchen or a hobby. 😊 

Speaking of hobbies, I do enjoy working on a jigsaw puzzle
This is one Robin chose this time
On the ride back home, we discussed plans for this evening. A new adventure for the 4 of us together. I made bacon and eggs for lunch and then Bill sat back to read and catch some zzzz’s. Clemson joined him in my chair. I wanted to go to the Clubhouse, prepared for both the pool and the puzzle so invited Pat to see if she wanted to tag along. She was all for it so we did the puzzle for a while together before she said goodbye and walked back.

A snack that I enjoy
Lots of sun bathers today, not a lot in the water, and I soon joined them, finding a lounge chair off to myself. I never did get in the pool but instead read my book and then popped ear plugs in to dull the multiple conversations going on around me. Surprisingly, I dozed off, which I never do, so the trick is in my ear plugs and I’ll do that again. I was very relaxed by the time I got up and walked back to the site. The book I’ve started is one by Sandra Brown, called Deadline but I’m not far enough in it to make a judgement call yet.

I sat in the corner where there was sun with a
book for a while
With plans to go to Old Yuma’s Mardi Gras later, at 3:30 I made myself a good old-fashioned screwdriver. May as well get the party started! Wisely, I had a few munchies from the Kroger Party Mix that we bought around Christmas. I really enjoy the assortment of pretzels, cheddar corn sticks, roasted peanuts, sesame sticks and sourdough bagel chips. I want to pick them up again next time we’re at Fry’s. I caught up on my blog and then did even more relaxing.

Old town Yuma
That's Bill and Rob up ahead of us

We dawdled and made the best of the evening
 We left home at 4:30. Rob drove tonight, smaller wheel base on his truck, therefore easier to park. Once we walked to the 'closed to traffic' signs it was a little confusing at first, not knowing all that was going on. We wandered around as things were falling into place and more vendors were setting up. Food vendors for quick meals and places for donations to get beads and masks. I donated at the Veteran’s tent and got a couple of bead necklaces. 
My buddy at Mardi Gras, Yuma
Mardi Gras beads
When we noticed a few line dancers, I joined in for a few steps, just for fun. Pat snapped a couple of pictures before we carried on walking. We listened to a Dj’s tunes for a while and sat and people watched. There didn’t seem to be much going on other than people walking around, drinking beer and eating. 

The boys admired this 1932 Ford Deuce
but not at $20/ticket to win
In the kid's zone
Around 6:30, a young group of dancers put on a show so we stopped to watched them sing and dance. It was a warm evening and we had all dressed, prepared for the cool down which never really came. The temperature remained in the 62F range which was really nice. At the 4-H booth, we bought cheeseburgers, chips and a drink for supper. The prices were reasonable and revenues go to a good cause.


Zip line and a gal dressed for the night

These would be fun, inflatable rollers on water

All together now
I wanted to check out the Kids Zone where there were a few inflatable events going on and a small zip line but it was pretty dead in that area. Soon, it was time to come home, since things had pretty much deflated in the evening. At least we checked it out and can say we were at Mardi Gras. 

These girls were having a good time tonight
performing for the audience

Apparently, there is a Rodeo tomorrow including the parade we thought we might see tonight. Back home, we parted ways and relaxed for the rest of the evening.

Interesting design for a bike rack
Good night everyone!
This was a good day. Laundry, once more, got put off for another day. Thank you for checking in to see what we were up to!

16 comments:

  1. Good find on the bag, looks nice and sturdy too.
    I was going to razz you about the zip line but then I realized I'm not into zip lines. I find enough thrills in every day life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is a sturdy bag to hold lots of yarn!
      Zip line was too short.:)

      Delete
  2. Come on Patsy ... we KNOW you got in the kids bounce house!! Sweet Clemson ... love his smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting out and having fun there , enjoying the Mardi Gras different from the one in New Orleans and Mazatlan Mexico Always enjoy the market place there as well. Holtville has their Carrot Festival and parade today a fun one we enjoyed a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to Mardi Gras about three years ago, it doesn't look like it has changed much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mardi Gras is lacking somewhat from my envisions but having never been to one at all, it was a fun evening.

      Delete
  5. I'm sure it was a fun evening but it didn't look like any Mardi Gras I've ever attended. However fun is the name of the fame and I'm happy you had a good time. Glad to see Pat's up and about and enjoying the good life once again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Wally's World. Great prices and selection. It's always good to go early!
    They always have something going on in Yuma. Looks like a great time in the old town that night!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. The boys always find something.
      We had fun in old town Yuma.

      Delete
  7. Another Enjoyable Day with Good Friends.
    Will have to try Wally's World one of these days.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a fun day.
    Old town Yuma looks like a interesting place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes it was.
      We may go back to explore old Yuma during the day. See the shops.

      Delete