Friday, February 1, 2019

Heading Further South, Goodbye to Friends, New Park


I woke up on Friday, Feb. 1st around 5:20 and once more, Bill was up. Clemson jumped off the bed to have his morning piddle before coming back to sleep some more with Mom. I dozed but not deeply and got up around 6:30. I made my tea and joined Bill at our laptops. Shortly after 7 I headed out for my last walk around the area and got a couple of miles in. What a beautiful morning! The sky is clear and it was registering 50F already.


I chatted with a lady walking her 2 large dogs and she wanted to warn me, because she sees me alone each morning, of the ‘men’ on the grounds. I’ve never felt fear even in the early morning light but she pointed out a ‘pervert’s’ trailer in particular. I have walked past it many times and never seen anyone but heeding her advice (since I didn’t have a Glock like she does) I walked back the main road until I cleared his rv. I thanked her for the advice and left it at that.

A pretty sunrise this morning
Me and My Shadow


Hands up!!

Oh never mind, you look harmless
Back home, Bill had showered and I began making bacon and eggs before getting cleaned up myself. As usual, we were all packed up early and Bill was hooking up around 9:30. Once everything was ready, I walked over to say goodbye to Tom and Deb when Suzie walked over. Woops! I forgot to help Bill with the rear lights so had to attend to that duty first. Sometimes it is a distraction when others are around but this was on me. I walked away too soon. 😊

And Deb was out snapping photos when I returned from my walk

A normal brekky, the bacon was delicious today for some reason
We said goodbye to everyone individually, hugs all around, and made sure we had contact information for our new friends, Ken and Kim. You never know who we’ll run into and where but at least for these two, we’ve made tentative plans to meet up with them while in the Yuma area. Bittersweet for sure, but it is time and the four of us are ready to get into a full-service park for a while.

Just people with blue boys in the dump line ahead of us
A little white water tower

Some of our plans didn’t work out this year, at least not the way we’d first planned, but we’re sticking close to plan and making the best of it. We left our site before 10 and stopped to dump our tanks. That didn’t take long as there were only 3 in line ahead of us and they had blue boys only. Soon enough we were on I-95S and arrived without incident just a few minutes before noon at Sundance RV Park. It was a bit of a rigmarole upon checking in, they kept adding extra charges for this that and the other.

You gotta take a picture of the tanks at Yuma Proving Grounds
when you pass through

It is just an unwritten rule of the southwest
We know we're in Yuma when we see fresh veggies in the field and workers picking
The sites are close together and it took some jig jagging but eventually we both got in, and we got set up. It took no time to find the satellite for this are and it just felt good knowing we didn’t care how much tv we watched. I had made lime Jell-O yesterday and blended the cream cheese and heavy cream but didn’t get them mixed together before leaving this morning. That was one of the first things I did when we were set up. Now there are more 'good for us' dessert treats in the fridge for evening enjoyment. I took 2 over for Rob and Pat to try, since I know they like this creamed Jell-O too.

It is a nice park
I sat out with Clemson for a while and then at his supper time, came inside so he could eat. True to form, for me, I took my camera after cleaning the lenses and went for a walk around the park. I just wanted to poke into buildings before the office closed and see what I could find about the goings on. There is a 50’s/60’s dance tonight and it is $5 each. I’m not sure if we’ll feel up to it anyway, not likely tonight. We’ll probably be able to hear the music from our site.

Here is the park tour that I took
24 hour pool and hot tub
exercise room
large laundry room
sewing room

bocce ball lanes 5 or 6
woops, I got the pool twice
office and ballroom area
Card room
I walked to the Bocce Ball court and back to the outdoor heated pool (yes!), the pool and table shuffleboard room, the exercise room, the quilt and craft room before returning to the Suite. Some clouds have moved in but the winds are still registering 0 mph and the temperature is 72F. Now that is really nice, let me tell you. I took my book outside and read in the shade for a while. Pat is suffering from a nasty earache today so we didn’t worry about Happy Hour today. I hope she feels better tomorrow.

There are 3 or 4 bookshelves spread around this room
I loved this corner
It reminded me of someone
Quilt Diva, if you read the same blogs I do
You should have no problem thinking of the same person
For me, I just had a headache after we arrived. We had eaten a good breakfast but it was around 8:00 so I was probably just feeling hungry. Bill and I had a snack of cheddar cheese which is a good fat filler and I had cut a couple of pieces of my Christmas cake. That didn’t help with the headache but I put off taking an Advil thinking it would go away on its own. I went out with my book and sat in the sun at the back of the Suite beside Black Beauty. It was nice until about 5 when the cooler air moved in.

Prickly pear cactus just before or after blooming

this might be the park supervisor, making sure we're parked correctly
Bill came out and put his wind vane up on the roof and then his flag pole up. Tomorrow he’ll get our solar lights out. He picked up a cold somewhere and is sniffling and talking in a lower sexier voice than normal. Luckily, we have some DayQuil in the cupboard so that gives him some relief for a few hours at a time. I hope no one else got it from him and he’ll try to keep from passing it along to Rob and Pat. How the devil do you pick up a cold in the desert?

Bill placing his wind vane on the roof


At 5, I made myself a cup of tea and updated our grocery list. It is getting longer and longer. Tomorrow morning, we need to get to Fry’s. As Rob says, “Old Mother Hubbard’s cupboards are pretty bare”. That is in both of our units. I started some battered fish in the convection oven and some shoestring fries in the air fryer. They should have both taken about the same amount of time, 20 minutes. When the fries were done, the fish appeared to be ready. It could have used another few minutes but it wasn’t too bad and we ate it anyway.

Fish should have been cooked a bit more but the fries were great!
Dishes were done by 6:45 and we sat in front of the tv. Well, first I worked on my post for today. This was a typical moving day. It went well and we managed to get things set up easily enough. For dessert, we had some lime Jell-o and a cup of strawberry/raspberry tea from Old Albuquerque.


Strawberry/Blueberry tea
Could see more of these at this park

That's okay, I like watching an air show anytime
We had a good day and found a warmer location than it was in Quartzsite. It is at least 5 perhaps 7 degrees warmer here in Yuma, Az. I hope your day was a good one too.

Our sites are a nice size
Thank you for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Love Fry's.senior Wednesday coming up on 2/6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do too! Thanks for the reminder, we'll get the 'must haves' today and go back. :)

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your time there, it is a nice park that we enjoyed last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are enjoying warmer temps. We are supposed to get rain and +8 on Monday which is just weird after the -25 that we've had all week. Enjoy your new spot. The heated pool sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis. Looking forward to the pool and other amenities for sure.
      I can't get over your weather this winter, hope no one gets flooded in the deep thaw after the deep freeze!

      Delete
  4. Oh I love the quilt corner!!! By the way, as much as you walk alone, you probably should carry a small canister of pepper spray. Some of them come with a hand strap. You just never know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd like that. I thought of you for sure when I saw it. :)
      Yes, it's true, but I wouldn't be able to take pepper spray home.

      Delete
  5. I'm sure Bill and Pat are just trying to out do each other! LOL
    Glad you arrived safely and I hope you enjoy your time at the park. Looks like the kind of spot you enjoy. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry we missed each other in Q...but we'll be seeing you soon! Is this the same park as last year where we saw you? Looks like you've got nice spaces for sure! Lots to keep you busy if you desire! The pervert trailer is scary for sure. Beautiful pics! Love the tour of the park.

    ReplyDelete