Monday, February 25, 2019

Nice Easy Day, Clothes, Rocks, Paints, Movies


On Sunday, Feb. 24th I woke 2nd again and when I came downstairs, Bill was already drinking his coffee and reading blogs. It was almost 7. The temperature on our weather station told me that it was 48F outside with no wind. I knew from that how many layers to wear and went out for my walk. There were low scruffy-type clouds to the east so I didn’t really see much of a sunrise. The sky was pretty though.

Sunday morning
 When I returned home, I made my tea and read my own share of our friends’ blog posts. What was on the agenda today? Not much but after a while, I made an omelette for breakfast. No bread this time, just bacon, eggs, onion, peppers, radishes and cheese. It was very good. After dishes, Bill went out and folded my bike into the bag and re-stored it in the back of Black Beauty. I won’t be riding it until we get a new inner tube.

To the east, it was a blurred sky painting
While he did that and cleaned the chrome on the truck (at least I think that is what he was doing – I was busy myself) I got my rock painting stuff out and texted Pat. I was making use of the nice round table that I ‘saved’ from destruction. It was perfect for us. We brought a chair from inside our units so we were at the right height for painting and set to work. I think we worked away in the sun’s warmth for a couple of hours.

By that time, we had each painted 3 rocks in our own way and it was fun. Even though I’d originally thought it would be a pool day, it turned out not to be. There is always tomorrow. The sun was hot today and we got to 68F by mid-afternoon. I sprayed our rocks with clear gloss and let them dry before getting my crocheting out. I sat outside and managed to complete a lot. Pat and Rob sat out at their site and Rob read while Pat worked on her own crocheting.

Cheesy omelette for breakfast was just enough
This was something that she wanted to improve on. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not an expert, heck, I just learned to crochet myself in December! But if I can assist her in any way, I’m grateful. It was Deb D. who first inspired me to learn. Last winter, I watched the amount of blissful time that she spent sitting outside, by herself, at Quartzsite and I could tell she was enjoying the hobby. I mentioned to her a few days before we parted ways that I would be interested in learning.

Our glazed rocks drying in the sun
Then, this winter, it was Rose who actually sat beside me at their home in Lake Havasu and handed me yarn and a hook. She reminded me of the basic slip stitch that I used to know years ago and before long I was crocheting! I hope Pat gets the bug too, there are things she wants to make as well. We skipped a together Happy Hour today, the time passed and we were all comfy in our own space.

My rocks
 I forgot to mention that this morning Bill and I spent an hour together in the bedroom. Don’t blush, he was purging his drawers and closet. He just needed a bit of an opinion on certain things ‘Do I keep? Do I donate?’ He got rid of quite a few things and they will go to Goodwill tomorrow. I also have one appliance to send away, I’ll never use the rice cooker again now that I have an IP. Yay!

And Pat's rocks
For supper we had loaded burgers. You know, bacon, cheese, onion, tomato, lettuce, mayo, mustard. I had relish and Bill had ketchup. They were delicious! We watched a couple of Hallmark movies, the second one was actually very good, I enjoyed it. Then instead of turning the Oscars on (which we’re never really in to watching) we watched a cute movie called The Intern with Robert DeNiro and Anne Hathaway.

This is the sky we had around 4:30
Beautiful day!
The day was drawing to a close and we had a creamy raspberry jello for dessert. Another good choice. This was a nice calm day and I loved it. I hope yours was just as nice.

Our loaded supper burger
Yum!
Good day all!
Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy reading your comments if you’d like to leave one.

12 comments:

  1. I love radishes in an omelet, so yummy! Love the rocks you both painted, how fun! We laughed at you and Bill in the bedroom, that was too cute! Dinner looks yummy! Nothing better than a good burger! Glad the weather is warming, I know that makes you happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks to you, I tried it. It gives the omelette a unique taste. I liked it!
      Thank you, we did have fun painting the rocks. Coming up with ideas sometimes is the challenge.
      A good burger and great weather does make me happy. ;)

      Delete
  2. Gotta love those peaceful days just hanging out enjoying the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. must be boring down there if you have to paint rocks....should be up here ...lots of snow to shovel more productive and good exercise lol.... out at your property in Glenelg the rock capital of Ontario you probably have all the rocks painted lol you guys have a good time down there where it is warm ....dont hurry home cause it is going to be cold up here for a couple more months....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes as boring as all get out but we'll tough it out for the rest of you Ontariens back home. Just get rid of that snow before we return, okay? :)
      Thanks for touching base on msn, I wouldn't have a clue who this was! No hurry, we plan on holding on as long as we can. Thanks for the comment M.

      Delete
  4. The rocks are really cute. So now you will leave them for people
    to find? If so, how happy will the ‘ finder be’!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes that is the plan. Not in this park though, after we leave here, we will find homes for them. :)

      Delete
  5. I think the painted rocks are a great idea. Find a rock, leave a rock! The wind has finally stopped blowing so the schools should be open today. Lots of snow days this February .....the parents must love it :D. Well, I'm off to do some shovelling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. People laughed when I said I paint rocks. Lol
    Yours look great!!!

    ReplyDelete