Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Yard Sales, All About Black Beauty, Guests for Supper, Double Series


On Tuesday, Feb. 12th (wha??) we were both up shortly after 7. With the late night last night for me, it felt nice to sleep in or at least stay in bed until then. I felt well rested and got up and got dressed right away. Bill was having his coffee but I instead chose to go for my walk. A change of scenery was in order so I walked out of the park and down the road to the west into Fortuna de Oro RV Park.

Heading east on the highway

The first park entrance
Hey dear! Our site is still open for us!
Good morning sunshine!

Very Arizonian, don'tcha think?
 I loved that park last year when we stayed there and wanted to leisurely walk through it again. Today, I took along a walkie talkie so Bill and I could test them for that distance. They worked like a charm and I was tickled that I got them for a great price the other day. While walking around, I noticed a yard sale so stopped to check it out. I chatted with Carol and Bob, home owners about each other’s circumstances. She was, of course, trying to sell her things.


When she pointed out 2 large beautiful beach towels for $2 each, used once, I was sold. Woops! No money! I told her that I would be back during the day if she would hold them for me. I got back home and related the conversation to Bill and he said, ‘well, we’ll go back and get them in the truck’. We invited Rob and Pat to join us as it was obviously ‘Garage sale day in the park’. We had poached eggs on rye toast and all 4 of us hopped in the truck at 10:15.
Huge matching beach towels
Bill's has sailboat trim and mine has flower trim
After purchasing the towels, we drove around and Pat and I were a bit disappointed in the low number of sales. You could count them on one hand. Kind of like at Pilot Knob, you’re lucky if you see 3 or 4. No worries, few yard sales meant little money spent! Bill drove around the park and we had a good time anyway. I really like the towels, I opened them up to see their size and will gladly get rid of the two mismatched ones we have now.
Before and after Bill has at it
I had pulled out a pork tenderloin from the freezer the other day so that was on the menu for tonight. Because when you buy a pack, it is always lots for 2 and plenty for 4 with leftovers either way. We invited Rob and Pat to join us tonight for supper. When I opened the package, I remembered that we’ve been surprised before to find two separate tenderloin. Bill pounded them out for me and then he went into Yuma to fill a propane tank.

all ready for the dressing
It turned out that there were some delays and on top of that the message came out on Black Beauty that she needed an oil change and fuel filter changed. No time like the present, so while in town Bill stopped and took care of it. This was not a surprise and it is better that we do it now rather than get the message part way home. Even though expected, the big $ to look after our truck is still a shock. He still made pretty good time and was back before 2:30 an hour after he left.

While he was away, I finished prepping the meat. I made up a dressing and spread it on the tenderloin before wrapping each one up in tinfoil. Way more meat than we would need but it would freeze well if necessary. Leftovers! Once that was done, I made up a dessert and then washed and cut up 3 potatoes to be grilled on the Weber as well. With them wrapped in foil as well, I could sit and get started on my blog post.

Yum, fresh off the barbecue
Bill and I sat and rested for a while in our chairs preparing for the evening. Our friends arrived just around 5 and we chatted indoors while things cooked outside. Even though we are beside each other and have travelled everywhere together on this winter journey, we don’t spend all of our time with each other. That means when we do get together for an evening, there is always lots to talk about and the laughter is a given.

Yummy dinner
Stuffed pork tenderloin, baked potatoes with sour cream and bacon bits
and California vegetables
Supper was ready shortly after 6, the tenderloin was perfect, if we do say so ourselves! Sometimes it is trial and error and this trial was a success. We had some California veggies on the side and shared a bottle of Hardy’s red with our meal. Trying to stay on Rob’s good side, I served the rhubarb crisp with some Cool Whip topping. Oh my!

Dinner with friends
Bill loaded the dishwasher, we love our Fisher Paykel! We don’t use it often but once a month, we load her up and let her do her thing. Having company is a good excuse too! We rested with Clemson for a while, he was in need of some personal attention for about 10 minutes and then I pulled the Double Series game out. We may as well make a full night of fun!

Rhubarb crisp
Pat and Bill were Rob and my opponents and we’re glad they showed up. Rob and I controlled the game tonight and finally after 7 games, we called it a night and parted ways at 9:30. Bedtime! We have an early date in the morning.

Usually when we play cards, you're not allowed
anyone helping you
This is the exception to that rule as Clemson
whispers the next move to his Daddy
This was a wonderful day. I love having invited company for supper, it brings out my inner hostess that no one sees very often. There are the odd fumbles, occasionally some ‘oopsies’ and usually some ‘wows!’ by the time the night is done. I hope you had a good day too!

Thanks for stopping in.

5 comments:

  1. Another wonderful day. Dinner looked amazing. Like you and Bill we couldn't eat that much meat and so we always repackage our tenderloin into much smaller pieces. Next time though I think I'll leave a bigger piece so we can try the stuff tenderloin. Thanks for the idea Patsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the towels! Dinner looks awesome for sure! Looks like y'all had another great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Save those old towels for rig washing. They all end up in my wash bucket. Dinner looks yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to get the truck taken care of and a tasty dinner with friends is always fun.

    ReplyDelete