Sunday, March 10, 2019

A Few Days of Clouds and Wet, Walkabout, Town Intro, Collage Crazy


I woke up on Sunday, Mar. 10th at 10 to 7. It was still dark so that was when I remembered Daylight Savings time and the clocks ‘sprung ahead’ an hour. Oh yah. Bill was still sleeping soundly so I just laid still and waited until he moved. We both got up around 7:30. We had tea and coffee together and read some of our friend’s blogs. Nice to see what everyone is up to. Seems like we are all having a good time and the same weather, no matter where we are.


I caught these pictures before the sun had decided what to do today
The wind has been affecting everyone and yet the warm weather has so far followed us and even friends in Arkansas, so heading further east towards home is working in our favour. That can all change in a heartbeat and we all know that no matter where you are, crazy weather can hit. I checked the outside temp and it was around 48F when I went out for my walk around 8:30. There was none of that wind yet this morning.

Trying to find a level tree stump was the hardest thing this morning

Rob has been here before and has walked around the park so told me of the ‘trail’ walk along the Squaw Creek. Of course, that is where I headed! He was right, it was a lovely walk and I had my walking stick with me for going down and then up the steeper inclines that took me along the water’s edge. Something was jumping out there on the banks and in the middle but even though the water was really shallow, I couldn’t see what it was. A fish? A water mammal? No matter, I wasn’t looking to catch dinner so I moved on.

It was a nice walk this morning


Back home, we both had our showers and after chatting with Rob, we decided to all go into town after brunch. I fried up eggs and bacon and Rob drove us into the grocery store. We’d never heard of Brookshire’s but quite enjoyed the offerings in the store. Pat got us a loyalty card so we got a couple of discounts. No points add up with this card but a discount on food is always a bonus!

a Glen Rose water tower, of course
Beautiful buildings

The top stone and petrified wood building is a 1928 abandoned gas station
Bottom left, a sneak peek at a garage of old vehicles
And a park with huge rocks - can't remember the name
Rob drove us into old Glen Rose which was a treat. We’ll have to go back so we can walk the old streets and peruse the shops. Well, Pat and I will definitely have to do that, whether the guys want to is another story. There are some unique stone, brick and what looks like petrified wood homes. I love that! After arriving home, I did a bit of online reading, checking out IP recipes, caught up on my post and then sat and worked on Clemson’s blanket. I hope he likes it, I’m trying to choose favourable colours. 😊 It should be done before too long.

Beautiful gate that I wish had a date engraved on it
shallow water, fish and squirrel sightings
Dandelions - first spring sighting for me
Bill and I had another coffee when we returned, even though it was after the noon hour. I tried out some of the sugar-free wafer cookies that I bought today and took some over to Rob and Pat to try as well. The rest of the afternoon entailed more sitting (what else to do on an overcast day!) and Clemson and I went for a nice long walk, at his request. We walked down along the creek and saw squirrels and a couple of signs of spring. When we came back after 30 minutes, he was tired out and rested with Bill inside.

I took my crocheting outside and made a tea just when Pat texted to see if I wanted to go for a walk. We agreed to meet in half hour and at 4 we took a walk around the park. I’m glad that we came here on their recommendation, they have talked about Tres Rios a lot and it is not a disappointment. We walked to the Lodge restaurant but didn’t go in, checked out the Laundromat and the Texas Hall. The latter is a pool/library/game/puzzle/kitchen area for Adults, 18 & over. Yay, a puzzle room for Pat and I.

Clemson and I go for a walk together
We poked around and I’ve added a James Patterson & David Baldacci book to our collection. Before supper, Bill and I called Bridgette and Chris to check on their progress after moving day and it was good to hear their voices. They’re happy, I can hear THAT in their voices and that makes us extremely happy too. They both have a week of vacation days to get Chris' possessions move in and their house in order. 

Spring = red breasted robins
Today I saw at least 8
For supper, we had Caesar salad and our leftover beef stroganoff dish. Almost better the second night for me. After dishes, Bill went next door to help a new neighbor (a couple with 4 girls - did he feel a kinship?) in a 26’ Hybrid trailer and then we watched American Idol. I think it is an ice cream night and we had some before 8 o’clock. 

supper was better tonight  for me
This has been an easy laid-back kind of day. With a few days matching this one, maybe some baking will take place here in the Suite. Or, I might try something new in the IP. I hope yours has also been a nice day.

Clemson leads me home

Thanks for visiting!

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful campground love the trails around the 3 rivers, and of course Glen Rose is a very interesting area. We have some friends there and visit while we are in the area. Keep on having to much fun and hope it warms up for you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful here with the trails.
      We just need the clouds to move out of the way and we'll be warmer again. No worries! We are quite happy!

      Delete
  2. It is beautiful where you are! Love those homes they look like "homestead homes" there's tons of them in TN. Glad you are there for a while and can enjoy the beauty and get some cooking done if you want! I'm sure Clemson will enjoy his new blankie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is very nice here for sure, lots to see and do if we want.
      Clemson 'better' like his blankie!! haha

      Delete
  3. Your sunrise shots are very nice....and I love the picture of the old gate! It looks like a great walking trail along the creek. Glad you are enjoying your new spot. We are at 0C this morning and supposed to get a warm spell on Wed. Reaching +17, which I can't imagine but we shall see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis. You would like the creek walk with me, I'm sure. :) Yay, warmer weather headed your way too! Fingers crossed.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful area to hang out. That rock building is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That building is different than anything I've seen before. It's beautiful and a tree grows up out of it. :)

      Delete
  5. Some interesting photos in your blog today. Love the old gas station. A very nice looking trail to walk too. I'm looking forward to the "Old Town' visit. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The walking areas are lovely! For some reason I would have thought that spring would have reached Texas by now. It doesn't give me much hope for the frozen north of Saskatchewan. :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With spring comes wet weather but over the next two weeks we see a warming trend here.

      Delete
  7. Nice change of scenery that feels comfortable to all of you.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your stay.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete