Saturday, March 16, 2019

Good Day for Laundry, Quiet Afternoon

On Saturday, Mar. 16th we both woke up around 7:30 and I got up at 10 to 8. The sun was rising at the same time so I missed capturing it with a picture. Not as many pictures today, come to think of it, so I’ll make this a short post so you don’t fall asleep. I immediately began sorting dirty clothes. Then Bill drove me up to the laundromat, parallel to the office at the front entrance.


There was no one there which was a bonus and no restrictions posted on how many washers you could or should use. We loaded 3 washers and Bill went back to the Suite.  I had made a tea in my ‘to go’ cup and had my laptop, phone and a book with me. It’s a good price here, $1.25 for each machine. At 9 when the office opened, I walked over to get a roll of quarters so we could also dry our clothes.  We knew we didn't have enough quarters on us. I sat and read blogs in the peace and quiet of the swish swish.


When the clothes were almost done, Bill texted to see how we were doing. Within 10 minutes, the 2 dryers shut off and he returned to help fold. I had complained, nicely, at the office about the state of the room. It was dirty, the floors were unswept and the garbage can over-flowing. If there had been a broom in the room, I would have gladly used some of my cleaning skills and taken care of it.

hard to see the dirt but it was there

Floor dirt 

Where I sat waiting

She didn’t seem to mind me mentioning it and made a note to have it looked at. I generally don’t like to gripe about things and actually apologized for doing so but it never fails, something always drops onto the floor when making the transfer from washer to dryer. At least in my world.

Rob and Pat had texted informing us that they were heading into town for haircuts and ‘whatever else struck their fancy’ so the rest of the day was very quiet. After we returned and put clothes away, for brunch, I made us egg omelette sandwiches, Bill’s on toast and mine as a quesadilla. Yum, it’s been a while since we had this yummy meal.

My breakfast quesadilla

Bill's sandwich
Bill and I sat outside and read our books in the sun for quite a while. At one point, we took Clemson for his walk, down along the river, into the water (what’s got into him!?) and back around the east side of the park. 

My boys
Squaw Creek is pretty in the sun
It is a really nice day with gorgeous blue skies and a hot sun and just enough of a cool breeze to keep you out of the shade. The temperature hit 60f at one point and we know it is warming up as the days progress.


Kayaking and even swimming going on today
Bill said it was quite warm coming from the Nuclear Power Plant
Bill chatted with the fishermen/ladies/children
They were catching sand bass, carp and catfish


Looking to the south, you wouldn't want to paddle against the current

Hard to get the little guy to stand still for a picture
So much to sniff, you know!
Before returning, I hid one of my painted rocks
Take us home, Clemmy
'But, Daddy, there is so much more to smell!'
Lots of rv’s have left, more have arrived and a staffer stopped by to let us know that after tomorrow, if we wish to move further back, we are welcome to a site of our choice. Spring break will be over and the park will have many vacant lots to choose from. We spoke for ourselves and decided to stay right where we are for our remaining 6 days here. We like it here just fine.

Bill pointed out a lot of trees with leaves today
Such a change in a week!
I stayed outside until 5 before putting my chair back and retreating indoors. Our units face east so I have to chase the afternoon sun if I want to sit in it any longer. Bill lit the Weber and we had cheeseburgers for supper. A salad is debatable, but we decided instead to have cheesecake for dessert. I shared a couple of pieces with Rob and Pat. It was good! 

A family with 4 canoes
The children were in their own, tied to Mom and Dad's
Tonight, will either be Live PD night or more reading. Or both! It has been a nice quiet day here in paradise and I hope you can say the same where you are.

Goodnight from Tres Rios on a beautiful sunny day
Capris, not shorts weather today.

Thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Really gotta love that park and the quiet days are what we really enjoy, Decent travel day for us and finally the sun was shining at 7:30 pm. Keep on enjoying the area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George. We look forward to even more quiet after the families leave.

      Delete
  2. What a nice park to spend the time. Thankfully spring break is almost over. I don't think I would want to swim in that river though ... Nuclear Plant water????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a nice park. It is very quiet now. :) Me neither, no swimming for me.

      Delete
  3. So cute the parents with the children tied to them! What a beautiful area! Laundry has to be done :( But a decent place to do it. Nice they offered you a move if you wanted it. Love the planted rock..hope someone finds and posts it for you!

    ReplyDelete