Thursday, March 21, 2019

Morning Walk with my Sweetie, Starting a Packup, Relaxing Day with Puzzle and Happy Hour


It was around 6:30 when we woke and rose on Thursday, Mar. 21st. Because of the earlier hour, I had my tea while Bill had his coffee. Since Clemson got up around 7, we were both able to go for a walk together again. It was only 40f/4.4C so thankfully there was no wind. I bundled and Bill slipped his hoody on and we walked west, his choice today.


We walked as far as the gas station structure again and Bill got the opportunity to see what I saw the other day. It still is a very cool building. The homestead, or what is remaining of it, is for sale and that sign must have just gone up. I sure didn’t notice it or the stick indicating a survey before. We took our time coming back and inside, Bill made another coffee.

The morning mist on Squaw Creek was pretty
My favourite picture of the day
I considered what to have for supper and chose to get ground beef out to make a pot of chili. Not for supper, but for the freezer and our travels. It would be Italian sausages. That is usually the hardest decision of the day. I made us bacon and eggs for brekky and after dishes, I walked to the Texas Hall and worked on the puzzle. I’m sure I was there for almost an hour and a half before Pat popped her head in. They were doing laundry so she didn’t stay.

We're back at the old gas station and this time
I focused on a few of the structural pieces



Around 12:30 I wandered back home. I’d made great progress on the jigsaw, in my mind anyway. I only have one more day to work on this so hope to make a large dent. When I got home, I noticed the temperature was 73F so changed into shorts and my bathing suit top. The wind that we had was between 6 and 13 mph but the great thing is that it was warm. What a concept! I’m lovin’ that!

Walking back to camp
Bill and I both sat outside for a while with our books. Oh, he has started a new one by Michael Connelly. A Darkness More than Night is one that I finished in October so naturally don’t remember it. I just know that he will enjoy it and sure enough he is hooked already. At 2 or shortly after, a staffer suggested that we move Black Beauty. He was directing newcomers to the site beside us so we had to move our chairs a bit.

Sometimes, it takes a few visits
Today, I noticed the little pieces of wood creating this arched design
Once they got settled, and their friends beside them, I took Clemson for a walk. We invited Pat to join us which she happily accepted. Down by creek, we walked the trail but not along the water. There was a large tree that had snapped a branch and the park crew were cutting and cleaning it up. They really look after the park and we all appreciate their efforts. I had told Rob and Pat that we’d be over for Happy Hour today, something we haven’t done much since we’ve been here.

A field has been partially cut
Looks like hay
At 3:15 I took a cooler over with my chair. Bill had just settled in his chair for a snooze and would join us later. It was probably 4 or shortly after when he brought his drink and chair over to their site. We chatted, laughed, told stories and entertained ourselves until almost 6 I returned home.

A nice sunny day coming our way
Bill followed about 15 minutes later and lit the barbecue for grilling. Inside I cooked our veggies and we were ready to eat before 7. The sausages are another meal that never lets us down. They bbq up perfect and they taste wonderful. Just something on the side is all you need so I had cauliflower and Bill had corn. It was a good meal and easy to prepare.

So, when I walked to Texas Hall, I heard a scurrying in the leaves
just outside the door
And I've added quite a few pieces today
They are cleaning up the tree that split
Where do I start?
While he started dishes, I began making a pot of chili. I could have made it in the IP but this was one dish that would be just as fast in a pot on the stove. We finished dishes with the chili still simmering. I had containers to put it in once it was cooled and some would go in the freezer and some in the fridge. It will be nice to have a prepared meal for after we leave here, for our 5 nights on the road.

Supper was good


And the chili should also be good
The temperature got up to 77F today, very warm and even at 7:30 it was still 71. We are going to hate to leave Texas, it has been good to us. Once more, I’ll have to tuck some sun and heat in our pockets and cupboards just in case we need it down the road. 

The sky to the east was pretty enough
We have loved this day. Some packing up was done outside and the inside can be done tomorrow. I hope you’ve had a great day as well.

And then to the west, it was beautiful
too bad the trees were in the way
Good night y'all!
(ps, can you tell I'm loving the Texas twang?)

Thank you for your visit.

12 comments:

  1. Seems a lot of lizards have been out and about, but I of course, have seen none!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen more this year than ever before. I love how they sit and pose for us. :)

      Delete
  2. So nice to enjoy that area and I now you will enjoy your travels moving on down the road. Happy hour fun and more great weather is in your future I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to the next new adventure, places we've not been. Gotta love this life!

      Delete
  3. That definitely is an interesting building all the different details. The wood on the arch is wonderful. I agree the mist on the creek was my favorite picture, also.
    It is always nice to have prepared meals for traveling and I always think chili is so much better warmed up. Enjoy you last day there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? Each time, I find new things about the structure and my minds wander about living there back then.
      Thanks, we'll enjoy our last day with things on the list and some relaxing before looking towards the next discovery.

      Delete
  4. I love your pictures of the old garage. The close up features are really interesting. You could send some of that warm weather back to Ontario please! Spring seems to be taking it's time arriving, or maybe I'm just in a rush to get out in the yard. Now that I can see the ground, I can plan my strategy for attack ;-). Enjoy your last day in Texas and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis. I love the garage, hope they look after it without changing it. Some parts are deteriorating.
      I'll try and bring some warm weather home for sure. :)

      Delete
  5. I love your favorite pic of the day! That would look wonderful framed and on a wall! Nice progress on the puzzle, maybe today more work? Dinner looks awesome and so does your chili! Enjoy your day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the picture. :)
      Couldn't finish the puzzle but I made a darn good stab at it.

      Delete
  6. I love the old garage. The details were important to the person that built or designed the structure and it always amazes me how many times we have to look at something before we actually see the details. Wonderful photos Patsy.
    It's nice to see folks cleaning up the park, always makes one feel good to see pride in ownership I think.
    We too are making some chili for the road but also for lunch today. I use a crock pot, there is something wonderful about the smells filling the Igloo for the day. We are also going to make some Hamburger Soup for future travel days. Quick, easy and yummy.
    Enjoy your last day or two at the park. Tuck a great deal of that warmth into your pockets, cupboards, and any spare space you may have, I think you may need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. I look at the structure and believe the same thing about details on the garage BUT maybe it is the opposite! Maybe they just threw it together with what they had! haha That would be disappointing if that were true. :)
      I love hamburger soup but Bill isn't a soup guy so chili is the way to go for us. I do have some of my chicken soup in the freezer too. For me. :)

      Delete