Monday, March 11, 2019

Time Shift Adjustment, Mild Days w/o Sun, Awaiting Baby News


On Monday, Mar. 11th, we are awaiting exciting news. Oh, but first let’s go back. I got up around 7:30, in the dark again. Geesh, I haven’t slept in so late for a few months and I know it is the recent change of daylight savings time. I forgot to notice last night how late the natural light stayed around. I will try to do that tonight. We did stay up late, for me, it was after 11 pm and even later for my daytime sleeper.

Would've liked to see in the windows
It looks like they need to replace some roofing

The pool is closed so I was unable to look at it either
 I slipped out the door for my walk before 8 and what a beautiful morning to be up and about. Okay, so no sunshine hence no sunrise but beautiful all the same. It was calm, quiet, peaceful and 54F/12C. I took my walking stick as I knew I’d find my way down and up and so on to the river. They say 3 rivers join around here but this creek doesn’t tell that story. Simply because it is so shallow with dry sections throughout.


Walking around the park perimeter, I walked as close to the still waters as I could and once standing, watching, spotted some free-spirited fish swimming downstream. Without a fish story coming into play, I’d wager they were 8” long. I love this time of the morning, even with a park full of kids, mostly all campers (especially those younger than 18) are still in bed.

The other side of the stone gate I showed you yesterday

The interstate off in the distance
but this road is nice and quiet
I tried to peek in the window of one of the large empty cabins at the back with a creek view but the curtains were closed tight. I guess I’ll never know what they are like inside. I didn’t meet a soul, not one greeting until I got closer to our site when a staffer on a golf cart met me. I took pictures of the Laundromat today and even tested out their manual elliptical machine. Good to know I can get exercise on it or the treadmill if need be.
The laundromat


Small exercise area

Back home, Bill was taking Clemson out for his first 'business' trip and we came inside together where I made my tea. I read a few blogs and we sent Jess, Bill’s youngest daughter, a quick ‘good luck’ message. We are expecting our 8th grandson today at some point. Yay! I can’t wait to hear from Matt! 

Our breakfast this morning
On text, I also chit chatted back and forth with Donna and Bridgette on the home front. The weather is warming up in Ontario but that usually also means snowfall. All we can hope is that the white stuff is gone in 3 weeks.

Now those are some big boots!
 We had breakfast, French toast today and then cleaned up dishes. I decided to try and make the #17 Cheesecake in my Instant Pot today. Reading it online, it sounded complicated and very detailed but I had the time so what the heck. I didn’t take pictures of the process but my first challenge was form fitting a foil pan and lining it with parchment paper. Ingredients like the 2 eggs and cream cheese had to be room temperature so it was a waiting game for a couple of hours.

Clemson playing hopscotch
I can’t remember what time it was, but I took Clemmy out for a long walk around the park. We stopped to say hello to our buddy, Rob, who was playing Corn Hole with some young people up near Texas Hall. I guess they were looking for an extra player when he walked over to see what they were doing.  I was able to kill the time before coming home and finishing Clemson’s blanket. He seems to like it, no? Well, I guess he wouldn't say but if he sleeps on it.........

Their live music stage
After the graham crust was cooled, I mixed and added everything else to make the cheesecake filling and poured it in. Woops! There was too much filling for the small crust. Oh well, I poured the remainder into a casserole dish and baked that in the convection oven. 


I'll be rehiding this rock
When we were out walking, I found a painted rock so brought it back to post on Facebook. It could be a kind of celebratory birthday rock for a teeny little guy who is expected to arrive today or tomorrow. 

Another very old stone creation
When the timer beeped, IP went into the 7-minute release time and then I vented the last wee bit of steam. Woosh. I can only hope it will taste good but I carefully lifted my pan of cake out by using the handy tin foil thing I made. It pays to read and see what others do when you don’t have the proper tools on hand. It worked like a charm.

I found these stairs leading down to the trail
Now, just hoping when it cools that I can remove the slices. If not, Bill and I will eat it right out of the pan! It is 4:30 and we are still waiting for Baby Flessati to make his appearance. I’m sure Mama and Daddy are too. Jess and Matt will probably never complain about a long work day again, these are the toughest days to wait through. I was in labour for 36 hours with Bridgette so I know of what I speak. Our prayers are with Jessie and babe and have been since she was induced this morning.

Someone is under his new blankie

And then he decided to show his face
For supper, we had fried flounder and Caesar salad. The fish tasted good, but it is difficult to cook because of how thin the filets are.


I’ll be happy when this package is done. After dishes, we sat and watched some Monday night tv. It felt like it was starting to spit when I took Clemson out for a piddle. There will be a few unhappy campers if that happens, those who have rented fire pits and started fires tonight.

It looks kind of lumpy but as it cooled, it flattened out
The IP cheesecake is in the fridge until tomorrow but we will eat the extra one that I made in the oven. This has been a good day and we hope it gets even better before the night is over.

Yah, that's better, scrunch it up and make it your own, Clemmy
Thanks for stopping by! If you wish to leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you.

12 comments:

  1. Awww he does like his new blanket!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he likes the blanket.
    Hope all goes well with daughter and baby. Always worrisome this waiting. Being induced isn't fun, makes labour tougher in some ways.
    Nice walk, some interesting things to see in your park. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. All is well. Grandson arrived just before midnight. Healthy and Happy. Post to follow. :)

      Delete
  3. Did I read and see a picture of a dandelion in your post yesterday...:)? That abandoned gas station looks like a neat building.
    From the pictures and what you have written it sounds like you have landed in a very nice place. Glad to see Clemson likes his new blanket but then he knows his mommy made it with love so what is not to like.
    Looking forward to hearing about that new grandbaby tomorrow! An anxious time for all of you I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you did!! And I thought of you when I saw them! :)
      Posting about the new grandson today. All is well.

      Delete
  4. Wishing the Parents the best on the arrival of their new Son and Congratulations to the Grandparents.
    Looks like Clemson likes his new blanket.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, all is well, post to follow. :)
      Yup, Clemson likes his new blankie.

      Delete
  5. Love the remnants of the old buildings there, and made from petrified wood and stone. A good heavy rain will really get that creek flowing have seen it up over the lower banks, Have also seen some deer there across the creek a few times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been watching for animals, wondered if I'd see a deer across the way. I'll keep looking!

      Delete
  6. The rain and overcast sky seems to travel through the country, so we have it too. Cake looks interesting but why make it in the IP? We love flounder but I make it breaded, the German way. Looking forward to the baby news and maybe a picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy weather all around us for sure but at least it is mild.
      I don't have an oven other than my convection oven and it was something suggested for the 'best cheesecake'. :) I'll try many new things. Have yet to taste it.
      flounder would be better in loin pieces rather than filets. These break apart too easy.
      Pictures on the next post of the wee babe. :D

      Delete