Sunday, June 9, 2019

Easy Going Sunday


The Ridge
It was a warm 58F/15C when we woke up at 6 on Sunday, June 9th.  I stretched and slipped into the bathroom to wash and brush my teeth. Leaving my tea for later, I drove into town to clean. I was happy to see our 3 geese families out in the front field and one taking their 5 babies for a swim in the east side pond.

Off to work at 6:15 and a nice day on the horizon again
I was almost to Durham and it’s a good thing I was watchful because a young deer was standing at the side of the road. She/He didn’t know which way to go so I came almost to a stop waiting for that decision before continuing on. We’ve heard too many stories, a couple last night from Mike where his trucks were write-offs, of deer accidents. You just can’t be too careful out here.


Rob popped in at 6:45 on his morning walk to say hello to this ‘old lady’ and that was nice of him. Even with the smart a** remark. 😊 We caught up a wee bit about the last couple of days before he carried on his way. Two patrons and then a third came in while I was there and I was out of there in good time today. It was just a few minutes after 8 when I pulled into our driveway at home. I had my tea inside while finishing yesterday’s posting.

I sat outside the Hangar while Bill painted inside
Bill took the ladder back to Gerry and helped them put their car awning up on the shelter. He kept the ladder for the painting he’ll be doing this week and I had breakfast pretty much ready by the time he returned. We did dishes and by now, although it was 72F, the clouds had moved in. Just a skim of white, nothing significant. There is a slight breeze too and a welcome one.

And Momma robin is sitting on her eggs
Better late than never, I guess!
 With the next job on the Hangar to be priming, Bill and I drove into Durham to Home Hardware. He found most of what he was looking for and I picked up a quart of gray exterior paint. The Ridge sign out front needs to be scraped and repainted. Donna offered to cover the cost so that was nice. One day this coming week I’ll start that. I also bought a pack of dust masks for work. The dryer lint is not something I should be inhaling. That went on Jamie’s account.

And Chippy plays hide and seek 
When we arrived home, it was time for a snooze! Bill joined Clemson up on the bed and I sat in my chair to get into a Sandra Brown story. This one is called Ricochet. I put the heating pad on as an added bit of heat for my back. Bill was out painting the primer in the Hangar and before supper time, he was finished doing that. I felt pretty good and went up on the hill to prepare an old backhoe bucket for some plants. I had to pull grass and weeds out and I’ll need to pick up some potting soil tomorrow.

I'm trying to encourage Clemson to join me for a walk to the end of the lane
By the time Bill finished and came inside, I had planned to have the thick Costco pork chops in Madame IP with potatoes and carrots. One pot meal tonight! The chops were wonderful, and I still can’t believe this is me saying this. Supper was perfect and by 6:30 we were consuming our last mouthful. Donna and Gerry dropped in on their way home from the Acreage to check out what Bill has been up to. Both were impressed with his hard work.

And eventually we got there but no running today
One dish meal sauteed and set for 14 minutes
When they left, we did the dishes and watched the last half of an old movie. Big with Tom Hanks was something we’ve watched a couple of times in our past. Boy, does it take you back! Tom Hanks has done so much since 1988. 

If you know me and pork chops, you should  be amazed that I loved this!
It was a beautiful evening but there would be no visible sunset here tonight. The warm 72F/24C felt great with windows open. We watched The Good Witch while sitting with my book.


Finishing my blog post was priority and relaxing for the remainder of the evening came second. It was a great day!
Bill tried his hand at cleaning my camera and snapped this picture
I think there is definite improvement!

And we had a visitor - first time, first seen on the Ridge - ever
Good night y'all!

Thank you for your visit.

14 comments:

  1. I imagine your "boss" loves having you...just knowing someone is doing a good job and dependable has to make him happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a nice thing to say. Thank you. i do feel proud each time I leave it sparkling. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice to take pride in your work at the mat. Gotta watch those deer on the side of the road , I got hit by one once, and also a Moose gave us a huge scar , but we survived them both.
    LOL Suzie was outside yesterday morning and a raccoon came from under the coach, they scared each other and he scurried away. First one we have seen in Plattsville for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thankyou. Even cleaning makes me proud.
      The deer accidents are too frequent, we've been lucky but it can happen to anyone as you know. That is too funny about a raccoon. We've never seen one up here.

      Delete
  3. Don't you just love the critters? I'm glad the geese came back. LOVE the raccoon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The critters are fun to watch. Yes, we are so happy our these families are back. I missed a really good shot of the raccoon looking at the trailer but by the time I snapped it he had turned to run. He must have seen us in the window otherwise we don't know what spooked him.

      Delete
  4. Looks like lots of critters to keep you entertained on your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of Critters indeed! The raccoon being a first-timer for us up here.

      Delete
  5. Nice picture of the raccoon, I never seem to get a good one of the ones here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had been quicker on the draw, just a second before he turned he was looking right at us. Through the trailer window.

      Delete
  6. Everything is so green! Don, in TN is having raccoons on his front porch..so is trapping and releasing in a drop zone. I'm sure Jamie is loving having you and knowing he can depend on the laundromat to be clean all the time! Good job! Dinner had me drooling!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though our grass isn't perfect and has a lot of weeds it is nice to see it green up. Bill tries to fertilize it. I know the raccoons can be nuisances if you leave garbage out and nasty if they have babies but it was exciting to see him all the same. Thank you for what you said about the laundromat. I can tell Jamie is pleased. Dinner was really good, that's me talking about pork chops! Haha

      Delete
  7. You certainly have a lot of live entertainment nearby - geese, chipmunks, deer and a raccoon. And Clemson too.

    Glad you're getting the lovely weather. We've had a couple of cool days but it seems be warming up nicely again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the critters I don't mind seeing. Nothing wild though like coyotes, please. :)

      Delete