Friday, June 7, 2019

Work, Shopping, Heat Wrap Test, Sunny Day, Ladies' Night


Home on the Ridge
Up before the alarm on Friday, June 7th, I was at the Laundromat to start at 6:30. No one waiting upon arrival but 15 minutes before the starting hour, a gentleman whom I’ve chatted with before came in the front door. He is quite aware that even with the back door locked (I heard him try it), he can get in the front. We’re still undecided how to handle that. Jamie and I have discussed it a few times. To fix it so it locks or leave it as is.

Sitting in Hanover waiting for Bill
I love the window sign on this Dodge
I feel that I’m getting even better at utilizing my time, how to make the best of the hour and a half. When another patron, Thomas, arrived I was just finishing mopping the floor and after some discussion, he was very curious about our Suite. A young man living with his aging father who has Alzheimers. He like his own trailer on his property. I finished by polishing a few of the stainless-steel washers and left around 8:15. Ooops! I forgot to fill out my work sheet for the boss. I'll have to do that on Sunday.

I wanted a broom to sweep our carpeted steps off
This one has it's own dust pan and steel bristles
When I left the ‘Mat’ I drove to Foodland to drop off some containers used to transport plants around. I didn’t need them and it’s a shame to throw them out. He was appreciative. Back home again, I can’t help smiling. This is a gorgeous day. My back still isn’t good but at least better than yesterday morning. Only certain positions are painful so I just had to do those jobs and movements slower. Back home, Bill was cutting the front field (again) and removing the 2/3 dead pine trees out there.

8 tomato supports i'll put in place tomorrow
After finishing my tea, I was feeling very tired so wrote a note for Bill that I was OK, just tired and at 9:30 went up to lay on our bed for a while. No sooner did I do that, when I heard him coming up the lane. LOL. He didn’t see the note and came in normally (aka fairly loud) chatting to Clemson, who can’t hear him anyway. Two choices, I rest for a bit and he goes back out to cut more OR I get up and get breakfast so we could get into Hanover this morning. I opted to skip the nap and ‘let’s get ‘er done!’

Bill cuts further in the field beside my garden
We ate our bacon and eggs, did dishes and headed out. Bill picked up some oil at Stihl for his trimmer, I bought 8 tomato supports and a hose nozzle at Dollarama. In Canadian Tire we picked up a hand whisk broom and 3 Canadian flags that were on for a great price of $9.99. We always fly one up here and are also replacing it each spring. Bill, more than me, loves his flags. Last stop was the Pionoeer fuel station to fill our gas cans for the mower and trimmers as well as a Ptooties top up. She even got a basic car wash!

From my garden, looking down
He hopped on the mower back home and I came inside for a coffee. Bill could easily see all morning how I was moving and suggested (actually told me) that I sit with the heating pad on and take a couple of Advil. I don’t want to sit still, but took the pills and remembered that we had some Robax heated compresses in the cupboard from way back when Bill had pulled a muscle. They were outdated, but with 2 left in the box, I thought it worth a try. They aren’t medications so what could it hurt?

They seemed to help this afternoon
Once I put that on, I sat at my laptop to start this post. The sky is solid blue, the winds minimal and yet appreciated on this warm day. It is a good thing, however, that we don’t have allergies as the pollen fluffs from our pussy willow trees is blowing around the Ridge. I received 3 bites from those black fly devils yesterday so dabbed some Benedryl cream on those. Clemson is upstairs on our bed after making a trip outside for a piddle so he’ll be good for a couple of hours.


I’m longing for my back to be 100% again, where I’m not afraid to work outside. With the heat compress in place and feeling it working, I was able to move outside with my crossword from the paper and my detective novel. It is already 71F/21C at noon hour and we are thrilled! A couple of times, when I was stuck on my puzzle, I took a walk. Bill had found a hummingbird nest in a small bush when cutting up on the berm and 4 baby blue tiny eggs in the grass.

Not so sure this is a hummer's nest
I tried unsuccessfully to put them back in the nest without touching them with my hands but they were so fragile that 2 broke. I don’t know if she’ll come back now but I put the others gently in the small home. I’m only guessing that it is a hummers nest, but I’ve been wrong before. The nest doesn’t look as neat as the articles say they are. Anyway, it is a cute little nest and I hope Momma bird comes back to sit on them.

I don't know if you can see them, but there are London  peony buds ready to pop
Bill was diligently mudding over the screws in the drywall down in the Hangar. This would be the second coating and then he’ll just have the ceiling to do. He looked at paint prices today as that will be the next step. I continued to read until I was more than ¾ done the book. It certainly has me on the edge of my seat! Bill finished up for the day and came up about 4:00. He fed Clemson before sitting with his book. He is almost finished his second Stuart Woods.

And the garden grows
I hopped in the shower as I am taking myself out to a Ladies Night between Durham and Varney on Highway #6 tonight. Years ago, I would never go to something on my own but in my older mature (teehee) age, why the heck not? This is a store that I’d visited once last summer and told you about. 

For no reason other than I felt like burning some old wood
I lit a fire
The prices of the clothes are exorbitant and not being one to follow ‘designer names’, I’m at a loss other than I know they are good quality. It is a sale day, 20% off everything, but I don’t know that I'll be buying. Maybe a hat……hmmm. There are sandwiches served and refreshments at 6 with draws every half hour.

I could sold my Tulip top 4 times tonight
I guess I have good taste after all!
And I think it looks better on me than on the hanger
You never know how much food will be offered and will it be sufficient? Bill and I had an afternoon snack of cheddar cheese and he had crackers so he wasn’t hungry enough to eat before I left. I chose my outfit for the occasion. A Ladies Night at MacGregor’s Fashion called for me to dress up a bit and I wore black lacy capris with the Tulip top that I purchased at their store last summer.  

There is a very neat garden area too with interesting displays
at great prices
 There were enough finger sandwiches, taco chips and dip, grapes, cheeses, crackers and even cookies and squares for dessert so I texted Bill to go ahead and eat when ready. I tried to behave and not over indulge. The lemonade was delicious too. I brought my sweetie home a cookie and square so as not to be the only one misbehaving with food! There were probably a total of 15 to 20 people arrived in the hour and a half that I was in attendance and everyone was buying.

Finger sandwiches, taco dip, cheeses and desserts at the far end
At 20% off, the deals were good even though the prices way above my norm. I had a great time, enjoyed conversing with the hob nob, ladies who shop there all the time, and came out with a brown bag of my own. I even bought myself a ‘Facinator’! Google that to see what it is if you don't know. I talked myself into going alone and I impressed myself tonight. Bill was very encouraging and told me to treat myself to something nice and I did!
Everything is nicely displayed by Karen, the owner


My own brown bag of goodies
Back home, he met me at the Hangar and told me he’d been conversing with our friends Ron and Loree. I’m sorry I missed Congratulating them on their news. Bill has a special orientation coming up in the near future. 😊 I’m very happy for them both. 

yum, a real treat tonight
I changed out of my ‘fancy-go-to-meetin’ clothes and poured myself a Rum Chata. I haven’t had one for a while and it tasted delightful. Donna and Gerry arrived at the Acreage tonight for the weekend so I’m happy that they’ll have some great weather too.

And the sun goes down, shadowing the Ridge in its demise
This was a wonderful day and by the looks of that sunset, we have another one in store for tomorrow. I hope you enjoyed your Friday!

Good night, everyone!
Thank you for the visit, it was great that you stopped by.

11 comments:

  1. This is what I did for my back when I was having similar problems. I FINALLY when to dr. and told her what happened. I knew exactly when I did it...hauling some firewood for the wood stove. She prescribed some muscle relaxers...I took half of daily dose for 3 days and rested. It allowed me to heal. It has not been back since...knock on wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the information, it sounds like exactly what I need.Thank you. Unfortunately, my dr. is in London and I don't expect to be back there for a while. I'll Google over the counter ones and talk to the pharmacist here in town and if nothing else, call my dr. on Monday. Thank you! I'm knocking on wood too for you!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun ladies night, too bad you don't believe in Chiropractors they always do wonders for me and since I quit working have had very little back pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! Yah, I know many people swear by them but I also hear that they are going back over and over again. Anyway, to each his own, right?

      Delete
    2. Thats right. I went back and forth for years to keep my back in shape. Now maybe once or twice a year just for a tune up. Works for me. It was so bad at one time I could not get out of bed and walk. But like you said each to their own.

      Delete
  3. Great day! Sorry about your back! What a fun night at the store! Love the idea of a sale plus a snack, smart business owner she is! Ok so what's in the bag, or is it something we can't see?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh, I was waiting for you to ask! It's a pair of Aladdin type pants and a matching top.

      Delete
  4. Of course the question is...what's in the bag? You'll share photos in your next post, right?
    Sounds like a good time and the food looked wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, well, I'll wait until I try it all on for Bill and send a picture. :)
      I'm so happy I went, stepped out of my shell a bit and enjoyed it a lot.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry your back is bothering you. I understand how limiting it can be at times. Your ladies' night out sounded like fun? It's always nice to have a little time to shop on your own - whether it's just looking...or buying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the muscle pills should help. I enjoyed the time out with 'new' ladies. Most went with a friend but I didn't feel out of place. :)

      Delete