Saturday, July 13, 2019

To Rain or Not to Rain, Hangar Progress with 2 Workers, Trailer Burps, Last Happy Hour

The Ridge
It took the 6 o’clock alarm on Saturday July 13th to wake us both. I was into the early morning dreams and was happy to be wakened. After another later night, I slept really well so knew that I was ready to get up. It was a cleaning day for me so Bill made his coffee and I just grabbed a water and went. Higgins and Bob were outside and greeted me good morning as I walked to the car. It took some convincing to get Higgy back inside their trailer.

Higgins gives a hi-five for a treat
No deer this morning, so it was an uneventful drive to the Laundromat. I was surprised to see the 2 bags of recycling and 2 bags of garbage from the Lock Up room were gone. Jamie must have asked someone else to go in and take them to the dump in his absence and the floors appeared to have been swept since I was there on Thursday. That’s good because the bags were piling up in there. I was in and out in an hour with only one client coming in at the last 10 minutes.


I drove home and was once again greeted by Higgins and this time, Jo-Ann. It was cute to see the little dog bum wiggle again, this time with a long tail. 😊 Bill and Bob were already down working in the Hangar. They are both gung-ho and anxious to get as much done as possible today. I can tell that Bill is on cloud-nine with Bob’s hands and knowledge. At 9:30, I made Bill an omelette sandwich and saved some of the omelette for me for when hunger hit.


I had to make a trip into Durham for them so Jo-Ann joined me. We stopped at Foodland first for a few things and then on to Home Hardware. Town was busy busy, as usual. Bill called just as we were about to enter the store with an addition to the pound of drywall screws. My secretary wrote the details down and we went in and got what was required, with the helpful assistance of an employee. Nothing else needed, we scooted home to where Higgins was down at the Hangar, waiting for his Mama to return.

My first tiger lily
I had my shower then cleaned up dishes from late yesterday afternoon. We didn’t eat supper at home so there were still drink glasses in the sink. Jo-Ann and I had sat out with Higgins in the morning for a while and then I went over and joined her in the Redwood for a promised Bullit Proof coffee. 

Bullit Proof coffee!
Yummy!
She’d talked about this treat so I was anxious to try it.

My garden is all hoed now
As we all know, old or new trailers have issues. Bugs to work out in a new one and war (travel) wounds in the older models. Their Redwood is no different and we discovered a problem in an electronic panel. I won’t get it right so won’t say anymore, other than Jo added it to her list of things they need to look at this week when they take it in. I mentioned running board lights yesterday, but it is running lights that were the issue and a fuse fixed it – for now.

Yay! My first peper!
We brought her NutriBullit over to our Suite and she made me a delightful coffee. Hmm. What a nice change! She returned to their trailer and I sat and finished my blog – late. Well, that is what happens when life gets in the way. We sat with them for a while until Happy Hour and talked about park memberships etc. and places we’ve stayed while travelling down south. We wanted them to know the options and make their own decisions based on their needs.

Higgins takes a breakfrom chasing Chippy
Then, we moved food outside to the patio table and sat in the shade of our little tree. With beer, caesars, rum and coke and beer margaritas, we munched on a make-shift lunch. It was all very good and once again I contributed very little. Good grief! We are getting spoiled! Thank you so much Jo-Ann and Bob. Donna and Gerry joined us around 4 and conversation and laughter flowed easily. It was after 6 before we parted ways and they went back to the Acreage and the boys lit the Webers.

Our Happy Hour spot
Bill and I had sausage and corn. Very simple, very easy and very tasty. We weren’t overly hungry after our snacks. After dishes, I walked an empty beer bottle to the Bunky and I heard “On your way back, you can pick up your dessert”. Too funny. So, I took them some Fat Bombs for their freezer and took back a plate of rhubarb custard dessert for each of us. At least that delicious dish is done. Wow, I must learn how to make it!

Chippy is in there, Mama
Bill and Bob went back down to lay the flooring in the Hangar. Yes, you talk about progress!! I caught up on my post and sat with my book until they finished for the night. We had things of Clemson’s that we wanted to offer them for Higgins, with no obligation whatsoever. Yesterday, we gave him Clemmy’s Martha Stewart dishes and the bed. Tonight, other than a few things we want to keep, we gave them the option of taking anything they thought they would use.

Higgins went on the far side of the fence chasing Chippy

Simple supper but good
Then Bill wanted to sit and show them a few pictures of some places we’ve been. The evening ended well and we were sad to know that these guys were leaving tomorrow after lunch. It has been a wonderful visit and great to get to know them. Who knew from a meeting at a London RV show 4 years ago that we’d connect the way we have? Life is good. It was a terrific day!

The sky changed so much through the day


And a good day draws to a close
Good night!
Thank you for your visit to see what we’ve been up to. I love reading your comments if you care to leave me one.

8 comments:

  1. It's so nice to have company ... and so sad when they leave. Higgins looked like he was having fun with Chippy!! Your garden is coming along VERY nicely!! Kudos!! I still have three green tomatoes on the vine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to have company for sure. We've had a nice visit and got to know them better. :)
      Higgins was determined to catch Chippy. haha
      thank you, the garden is doing okay, the new radishes not so much. :S

      Delete
  2. Your garden is looking very good, you should be eating out of it in just a short time.

    Enjoy the rest of your visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, a couple of weeks and maybe tomatoes and peppers. :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful time with friends! I'm sure they've learned a lot from you. Hopefully maybe even a few things about blogging. Always love new bloggers! Higgins is a cutie! Your pepper looks yummy, love how your garden is coming along! Tiger Lily is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a great time with these 3.
      No blog in the future, Jo-Ann says.
      Tiger Lilies are bursting all over.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Day Lily, and your garden is looking good. Our veggies also consist of tomatoes and peppers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you, they are simple but lovely. And so many of them!
    Popular veggies, and we can make salsa etc. :)

    ReplyDelete