Monday, September 16, 2019

Cold Symptoms Gone! Daughter's Wedding in Advance of Cancun


The Ridge
On Sunday, Sept. 15th the important thing on our agenda today was a wedding. Bill’s youngest daughter, Jessica, was tying the knot with her love, Matt. This is the real thing, with the Cancun wedding in October being symbolic only. With that in mind, I was thrilled last night and this morning that all remnants of my cold had disappeared. Bill thought he was on the receiving end but after a Tylenol Cold pill before bed, he woke up feeling great too.

A nice little area set up for the ceremony
The weather was giving us cause for concern since it was an outdoor wedding, in the back yard of their friend’s home in St. Mary’s. We checked the forecast and it looked like rain for much of the day specifically around 3 o’clock when the ceremony was taking place. Not good. It is good luck if you have rain ON your wedding day, which Bill and I did for ours, but not necessarily if it rains on your head during the ceremony!

Prior to ceremony, a black movement through the corn field
We weren’t in a rush so had a decent breakfast of bacon and eggs for the first time in a long time. This was a small wedding which started out smaller than it ended up with 19 total attendance. It also wasn’t a fancy wedding, instead being dress casual. You know me, I like dressing up but I restricted my outfit as much as I could and as it turns out, the palazzo pants and top fit in perfectly with what others chose.

And then Rosie lifted her head, Kenna's lab was having a hey day!
she was so fun to watch her play before Kenna had to bring her in
Jess had asked me to be their photographer so nothing like putting the pressure on my big Canon. Bill offered me his but it is bigger, heavier and I’m not as used to it as I’d like before accepting the challenge. I didn’t plan on taking many pictures with sky in the background so I could clean up dust spots later. I think they'll be fine. We left home around 12:15 figuring that would allow us plenty of time. It was an hour and a half to two-hour drive. We took our time and even made a stop part way for a 20 minute rest to kill time.

A teary-eyed Charlotte with her little sister
Such beautiful smiles!
Most everyone was there when we arrived with the minister and some friends following soon after. The day went off without a hitch! It was a beautiful spot for a backyard ceremony and I hopped here and there doing my best to capture the moments for Jess. She had a list of ‘key’ pictures she wanted before, during and after the ceremony, Bill read them off to me and gathered the guests for their photos. Jess made a beautiful bride, naturally, she is her Father’s child! 😊 Charlotte, her sister, and Katie, her best friend, were maid of honour and bridesmaid respectively.

As Dad prepared to walk her around to the archway
Here comes the Bride!
I love this picture
Kenna, Kaitie and Dave hosted a wonderful afternoon and after a fill of burgers, pulled pork, veggies, fruit and salad it was time to cut the cake. If you were wondering what Baby Easton was up to the whole time, well, what do good babies do? He slept prior to and while Jess got dressed. 

resting up for the big event

so serious!!

sawing little logs again
He sat in Uncle Cory’s arms while his parents exchanged vows, sat with Uncle Tom during supper and then slept through the cutting of the cake. Such a good little guy! The weather co-operated beautifully and even though dark clouds circled, not a drop fell to dampen the day.

The money shot
The happy newlyweds
Jess, Matt and Easton
with both sets of parents
Sandy, Jess's Mom on the right
The wedding party
L to R: Kaitie, Charlotte, Jess, Matt, Tom (Matt's brother), Dave
The sky all around us

But the sun braved through the clouds

Aside from the bride, the next attraction was my son-in-law's
colourful socks
He's a young man after my own heart

The table of food and the minister

Everythig was yummy
including the cake
 We said goodbyes and headed home around 7, arriving at the Ridge just before 9. We only made one stop on the way home, at the FS just outside of Millbank to synchronize our new phones to the Rav4. That went successfully and later, we’ll do the same in Black Beauty. I was tired out and after sitting with Bill for an hour watching NCIS L.A. (I think), I went to bed. Couldn’t even wait for it to end at 10. I know I dropped off really quickly.


I think we're a wee bit happy! :)
What a wonderful day welcoming Mr., Mrs. And Baby Easton Flessati into the family well, good and proper. I hope you had a great day as well.

Congratulations you three!

Thank you for stopping in. Apologies for the many pictures but I restrained myself very well.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I love weddings, babies and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the little family! Jess was a lovely bride! Your pictures are awesome, can never have too many! So glad the weather held. Wha a lovely property have a wedding! Love the pic of Bill and Jess! Baby Easton is just too cute! Your outfit is adorable and perfect! I love the fact it was such a simple wedding and just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley. It was a great day and I'm pleased that my pictures didn't turn out. I'll put them on a USB stick for Jess to print copies. Easton was such a good little boy all day. They make a nice little family. That means Cancun will be a little more relaxed for them.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to Jess, Matt and baby Easton! What a nice day, and so good that the rain held off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maebeme. It was a great day indeed and we were very fortunate not to have rain during the ceremony or dinner.

      Delete