Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Who Turned the Heat Down? Cleaning, Trip to Owen Sound, Pottery!


The Ridge
On Tuesday, Sept.3rd I was awake first around 4:30 and happily snuggled back for another hour and a half. Bill was sleeping soundly so I didn’t even disturb him this morning for a cuddle. I got dressed and slipped out the door by 6:30 and drove to town. The mornings are getting darker and so are the evenings. Shorter days ahead. Darn!
And as I left for work the sky was gorgeous
Ontario not Arizona

Check out that rear-view mirror!
The Mat was locked up tight, the way I like to find it, and I set about my job. The darn flies know that it is cooling down too as they cumulate inside where it is warm. Today, there were many and they drove me crazy! On Thursday morning, Bill will be coming in with me to do the big dryers again and I’ll get him to hang the fly sticker thingys. I remember those things from my childhood. Mom always had them hanging around the house and when Bruce and I got goofing around, she would remind us of the sticky things.

And as I was leaving the laundromat, a familiar sight
that we'll be seeing more of now that school is back in
The machines weren’t too bad today but the floor certainly needed washing. There were a couple of things I noticed that I wanted to advise Jamie of so did that later, at home. I left the place spotless (of course!) and had a suggestion from a customer that I will pass on to the boss as well. It is a great idea for the ‘good of the Laundromat’ so we’ll see what he says. While there, I washed the sheets used in the bunky on the weekend.

The sheets sure blew around out there
in the 10 - 20 mph winds
Back home, I made my tea and hung the sheets on the line. No sooner, did I get one hung and it started to spit a bit. I debated on that a tad and then decided to just leave them. What else am I going to do with wet sheets now that I’m home? Bill and I had plans to drive to Owen Sound for a few things so he had some cereal and after getting cleaned up, we headed to the ‘big’ city. We drove to Elma Steel which is off 16th Street (or Ave) and Bill ordered the metal he needed for a couple of projects.

Owen Sound was busy during mid morning
Unfortunately, they couldn’t cut them while we waited so he has to go back. Darn! From there we went to Princess Auto/Dollar Tree area and went our separate ways. I needed some birthday cards and was looking for cheesecloth and pectin. They had the cards but not the latter so we drove down to Dollarama. Just across to the next lot. I got my cheesecloth and picked up a pair of rubber gloves for work, mine have a hole in them.

So, as Bill said "Are you open or closed?" haha
Lastly, a trip into Wal-Mart for pectin, eggs and some dome (snap) fasteners for Bill’s next plane wing bags. I texted my sister, Wendy, at the Railroad Museum that we were on our way and stopped in to get the pottery we’d made during our Ladyfest. I was so excited to see it all glazed up! 

And my pottery pieces with a few still missing
Pretty, huh?
We were informed that some pieces were missing and when Wendy and I counted, we are missing 12. That is disappointing but Morag at the Artist’s Co-op thinks she can find them. There was a camp group’s pieces mixed in with ours so they have to be there somewhere. I love the green/blue glaze.

I love this old Coach Inn in the heart of Owen Sound
The rain held off until we were mostly home and I told Bill that our sheets were being washed over and over again. Good grief! BUT the gardens once more will be happy. Bill had an appointment for Black Beauty’s oil change just the other side of Durham at Pletsch’s so he had a yogourt and a quick shut-eye before heading that way at 12:30. I made myself a coffee and had some yogourt myself. While he was gone, I began re-boiling my ‘unset’ jelly.

Bill heads out to take B.B. for her oil change
The rain came as soon as Bill got in the truck and we had both put socks on when we came in the Suite. He was going to see if Rob wanted to join him for the ridge back to Owen Sound. It is quite cool around noon hour and the dampness doesn’t help things. We had to plug back in to power, there isn’t much chance of sun rays today. With my jelly back in the jars and the 24-hour wait time started, I was able to relax indoors out of the rain. It felt cool, so I pulled the afghan over my legs and sat with my book.

Gathering the mail and snapping a picture of the sky
Not much happened today, with Bill gone until about 4:30 and me in charge of the tv remote. I watched a few programs on the Home Channel and when the sky looked a little brighter outside, I brought the nearly dry sheets in. The warmth outdoors surprised me, with it feeling so cool inside and I felt silly for having a blanket covering me.

The cows watch me get the mail
I knew the mail lady had stopped so shortly after 4, I walked down to see what she left. Just a Canadian Tire flyer but the walk was good anyway. Bill and I sat together watching some NCIS reruns and at 5:30, I started supper. Tonight, was Italian sausage in Madame IP with corn on the cob in the inner pot on top. 15 minutes later, everything was done perfectly and we were eating.

Looking out across the greenery during the rains

A quiet night, after Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy, we watched America’s Got Talent. They are getting down to the wire, into the Semi-Finals. This was a great day and we got a few things done.

And a healthy filliing supper
Good night everyone!
Thank you for your visit!


8 comments:

  1. Your pottery items look good and I do love the colour :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MT. I'll need to find a place for the table in the Suite or in the Bunky.

      Delete
  2. Nice to get things taken care of, too bad it was so cool and rainy there, guess you got the storms that were predicted for this area. Your glazed pottery looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, actually it wasn't that cool, just inside the Suite. It did rain and was windy for a fair bit but nothing heavy so not stormy at all. The outdoor air was mild compared to indoors.
      The pottery turned out really pretty! :)

      Delete
  3. I loved your pottery and the color you used. Loved those for the Hangar and Blog name. I wish we would get a little cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get all your pottery pieces back. Love the blue-green color!! I don't think I've hung anything on a clothes line since I was eight years old. I bet the sheets smelled wonderful, in spite of the rain. I'm worried about the "cold" too. Having spent all summer here, I'll probably freeze when it gets down to 70 degrees!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I love the pottery! You are talented. Hope they find the rest soon! Beautiful sunrise. Dinner looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pottery is very pretty, some of my favorite colors!

    I highly recommend the list and I was inspired by another blogger to start it. I've found since I retired that some days just slip by and I don't feel like I've accomplished anything. The list is a good reminder when I feel that way.

    ReplyDelete