Thursday, January 30, 2020

A Big Laundry Job, The Boys Shop, A Clean Suite (Sweep), Company for Supper


Pilot Knob RV Resort, Winterhaven, CA
When I woke up at a few minutes before 6 on Thursday, Jan. 30th Bill seemed to be still sound asleep. A few minutes later, he rolled over and faced me. We waited until about 6:30 before rising to greet the day in our new surroundings. We are in a park! Bill had plans to go to Yuma with Keith so I knew he wouldn’t be walking. Keith needed a few food items 'urgently' plus something to aid in fixing his quad belt. It was light enough at 7:30 so off I went.

And there is the sun coming up over the edge of the mountain
This park is now very full of rv’s. There are still a few spots but you don’t get much choice. After the Quartzsite show, this seems to always be the case. I met up with Keith and Oreo, and we chatted for a bit. 

These pictures were of their visit last night
Oreo's new quad-riding goggles
Who looks happier?
She'll love not getting sand in her eyes though

Oreo loves Bill and jumps up on his lap forgetting she is
not just 15 lbs. She was having fun

Keith has great control over her though and when it is time to settle down
she listens to him
She loves her daddy
She settled down nicely
I enjoyed the walk up and down the rows and saw 2 Mobile Suites that were interesting. They both had large tow vehicles which is always neat to see. Not that we want one, no thank you, but still it would be an easy tow for those trucks.

Notice the big truck and small car
This is the Elite Suite, higher end model
 Back home, I had my tea and Bill had finished in the shower and was eating oatmeal for breakfast. The guys left at 8:30 so I finished my tea, Googled a recipe for Keto IP cheesecake and then went looking online for a springform pan. I don’t have one at all so it wouldn’t hurt to pick one up that fits in Madame IP. The recipe looks easy and yummy. If I was ordering from Amazon or Walmart, I would also order a couple of coloured sealing rings for desserts.  For now, it is just research.

A Mobile Suite like ours
Same big truck, same small car
I went upstairs and sorted the dirty laundry. We have 4 good sized loads so because we are only allowed 2 washers at a time (there are only 5) we’ll start them when Bill returns. My laundry bag with wheels doesn’t hold much or I could have walked them up while they were gone. I've been noticing that my hair roots are pretty bad and most of the streaks from October’s appointment are non-existent. So, before going for a trim on Monday or Tuesday, in Algodones, I miraculously opened a box and took care of that. 

This is where the little cars ride between truck and trailer
Then I was due for a coffee, it was 10:30, so I made one and took it with my book outside. There was a breeze today but I was thankful for it. The sun was very hot beating down on our site. We get the sun until 3 or 4 in the afternoon and then we have to move our chairs to follow it to the back of the Suite. My book is very good, a typical thriller. Not much shocks me after reading some of Alex Cross’s adventures. After my coffee was finished, I moved inside.

The palm trees at our park entrance have been trimmed for the summer
I love how the sun is shining on them
Inside, after reading a recipe, I blended 2 cups of almonds so I can make a keto cheesecake. I was debating whether or not I need a mini food processor. The blender was a little more time-consuming than a processor would be, but it worked so for the time being I will save the $25. After getting our own groceries tomorrow, I’ll have the last couple of ingredients to make one up. We do like desserts on occasion so the more guilt-free they are, the better. 😊

This was Keith's set up this morning
I'll show you tomorrow of his new arrangement
It was around 12 noon when I began getting concerned for Bill and Keith. Usually, Bill would text me to give me an indication of when he’d be back so I knew about lunch. He’d eaten breakfast early but I hadn’t, other than some cottage cheese so I was getting ready for some food. Close to 12:30, I made up a couple of wraps with the meagre ingredients I had in the fridge. Mayo, shredded cheddar and cold meat. I said meagre!

Two of these simple wraps were yummy and filling
with just the carbs of a wrap
Warmed in the microwave, the tortillas were easy to roll and the wraps, delicious!
I couldn’t stand it any longer and texted Bill. I didn’t want to pester but just wanted to be sure they were okay. They were and within 10 minutes, were on their way home. Good, I can stop worrying. Bill drove in before 1 and he needed to eat something as well so had some cheese and a yogourt. That should tide him over until supper. He stretched out for a snooze so I read more of my book, waiting.

the sun began its demise for the night
It was around 2:30 when we drove to the laundry room and did our requisite 2 loads. Bill wandered back to see Keith who was moving his cargo trailer around on his site and taking his camper off the truck. I sat beside the pool and read for 30 minutes until it was time to transfer the clothes to the dryers. Then I texted Bill to come and help fold when they were done. We stopped to inform Keith that supper would be at 6 as I’ve invited him for a roast dinner.

I looked out at one point
and the sky behind us was painted in shades of blue, yellow and pink
Back home, we put the clothes away, still 2 more loads to do another day. The sheets on the bed have been changed and that always feels so good crawling into a freshly laundered bed. Earlier, Bill met up with someone he’d met at CanAm. ‘Steve’ is camping in an Airstream just down the row from Keith so they chatted about a couple of mutual friends. Bill got the vacuum out and made quick work of removing the last of Quartzsite from our floors.

And then some reds but I was too lazy to run outside
Close to 5 I had to get my act in gear and get the roast sautéed in Madame IP. The potatoes, onions and the last 2 carrots were washed and ready to go in as well. We’ve had nothing but good luck with roasts and Keith was one of the first to try it last spring after we arrived back in London. I hope tonight’s turns out just as well. When I remembered about the pressure build-up, I told Bill that supper would be closer to 7 so he informed Keith. He’s had a lot of chatterers up there so was still getting things set up the way he wants them. That happens, especially if you’re a nice guy and he is. 😊

The roast  beef sliced up nicely and we enjoyed
it for a change
Nice to have company, we eat well!
So, Keith showed up around 6:15 and we were eating by 7 or shortly after. The biggest kick I got was teaching Keith how to make gravy in the instant pot. I loved that moment and he will walk away with some new knowledge. Everything turned out great and we put the dishes in the dishwasher, because we can! (Right, George?) Keith sat for a little while after supper and then headed home shortly after 8. It was nice to have him over for a meal. We’ll do it again.

Bill and I still had a couple of programs to watch that we’d recorded so after reading a nice email from Charlotte, his second daughter, we debated whether to watch them or just read. How nice to hear from you, Char! We loved hearing how things are going at home. Your Dad will be responding. You touched our hearts tonight!

Plus, we get to use our good (better) dishes!
This was a wonderful day. The weather was perfect, reaching a balmy 73F (feeling like 80) and little wind. I was ‘almost’ too hot when I sat out at the pool waiting for laundry. Even now, at 8:15 it is still 66F. That is 20C for everyone back home.

this was another sunrise picture
Good night everyone!
Thank you for stopping by. We always love to read your comments!


11 comments:

  1. It does look like y'all are rather packed in tight. Yummy dinner ... maybe I will get up the courage to make that for my company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds like another great day! Dinner looks great and always nice to have company to enjoy it with! Oreo is a cutie and so loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The great days sure stack up down here! Keith is very firm with Oreo but he sure loves her and visa versa.

      Delete
  3. Good to be back in the groove in the RV park. Love the pictures of Oreo and Keith and Bill. Such a beautiful dog. Yuma needs a friend like Oreo. I too love desserts however since I don't know much about cooking I have pudding and whipped cream every night. Hits the sweet spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice to have full hookups. I'm not as hardy as you die hard boondockers are. :)
      Yuma does need a friend like Oreo. They are both beautiful dogs. Keith is firm with her but also loves the heck out of her.
      Pudding and whipped cream sounds good to me!

      Delete
  4. Oreo in goggles! Too funny.
    Nice to see you guys are getting settled.
    We look at Walmart for the Ole Extreme Wellness tortilla wraps. So moist and 50 calories per wrap. Also low carbs. Check them out. I'll post a picture.
    Sure was a small HH with Ken and Kim yesterday. Your group continues to grow there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She's going to love the goggles out on the sand dunes. :)
      Oh! Thank you, I know there must be lower carb tortilla wraps. I'll watch for the picture. ;D
      I'll bet it was a small but very nice hh with K & K. Nice chance to get to know them better, one on one. Now they are here with us again.

      Delete
  5. 20C sounds really nice sis! I could take that! We can't complain about the winter so far though, February already!

    ReplyDelete