Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Cloudy Day Brightened by Friends and Silly Al’s!


Quartzsite, AZ
When we got up on Monday, Jan. 20th, it was almost 7 o’clock. We slept in a bit and that was nice. We knew it was to be a cloudy day but still warm so weren’t expecting a sunrise. Bill had his coffee and before 8 we headed out. 

This was totally unexpected but delightful
This is looking to the east over the mountains
It was so calm outside and warm at 51F. It was a nice walk up the main road towards the front, past the dump station and garbage before cutting across to the west. I was surprised to see that we’d covered 2 ½ miles. I was also delighted to see such a pretty sky and an unexpected sunrise.

Looking to the southwest

The east again
It didn't last though. The clouds were going to rule. The day would unfold differently only because I was in no hurry to sit around outside with no sun. It just makes a difference to me. We discussed what we wanted to do today but we already had plans to go to Silly Al’s for Pizza (‘you haven’t been to Q until you’ve been to Silly Al’s’). This would be another venture where we will be thinking of George. He introduced us to the area, the town and the places to eat. 😊

The sun did rise for a short period of time
George will be laid to rest today and we will certainly hold him (and Suzie especially) in our hearts during this emotional time. We decided to sit tight this morning and so after Bill had his shower, he went out to hang with Keith, Ken and Tom.

Ken, Keith, Bill and Tom
I’m sure a few world issues got solved in that period of time. Inside, I got washed and cleaned up before tackling a tangly mess.

The hat wig and Higgins in my lap
At a garage sale at Yuma Lakes RV Park over a month ago, I found a ball cap with a partial wig attached. Who am I to pass on a chuckle for $1 so I bought it and wore it home?  It wasn’t until I turned around did Bill notice the long gray locks. I got the chuckle I was looking for and it also got new friends across the drive wondering just how many ‘wives’ Bill had! Too funny. I’ve worn it a few times just around our friends.

All braided up
Well, it was and is a bit tangled so after Kim and I Googled how to de-tangle doll’s hair, I decided to comb it out. I didn’t need to use the fabric softener today but learned how to use it I want to later. I finished and then had to put it on to braid it properly and easily. So, there you have it. Instant long hair if I want it! 

The trick is to hide the blonde hair

Bill and Keith took their small planes out just to the area in front of our sites and took them up for a flight. It was so calm that it encouraged them.

Oreo was patiently watching the men
in their chit chat
I popped over to visit with Kim and show her my lovely braid and of course to chat up the morning. The 3 guys left for town, Keith needed a cervo for his plane and Ken went along for the ride too. When I invited Kim over to see Rosy, my air fryer, I realized how dirty the Suite was inside. Yikes! It is good encouragement for me to get the dishes done, sweep and dust. I know it won’t last long but it looks better with just that small amount of attention.

Keith gets his plane ready for a flight
Bill does the same with Timber
When I took the mats out to shake them I could hear Higgins barking. I hadn't heard him until a few minutes ago so I walked over and let him out. We didn’t even get for a walk yet, he beelined over to see Shirley all excited. While we were chatting, Bob drove up which caused Higgy to get even more excited. 😊 I handed him back to Mama and finished the mats and then dried the dishes. Now that the dirty work was done, I changed into my good red shorts.

I saw Deb returning from a walk when I was inside
cleaning
And then she rested on her patio
The heat sneaks up on you when you walk
I know Bill and I were very warm
That didn’t last long because as I was sitting outside waiting for the boys to get back, I discovered it was too chilly for shorts after all. When they returned, I came inside and put my long red pants on and sat down inside to read. We had offered Keith our shower whenever he wanted to use it, so he came over around 2:30 and gratefully accepted that offer. He has outside shower capabilities but there is no point when we have one available.

Keith's in the air
I think this is Bill's Timber
Hard to tell up that far
We loaded into 3 vehicles at 3:20. Ken W. drove Kim, Bill and I. Ken K. drove Shirley and Keith and Tom drove Deb, Bob and Jo-Anne. When we arrived, we pulled in behind my sister, Gayle, and John. Huh! The parking was between minimal to none so you had to wait until someone left. Good thing Ken has a small car. He eventually got a spot and I walked in to get our name on the list. 15, I said and we waited for quite a while watching others get called in to tables of 2, 4 and 5.

Small lobby at Silly Al's where we have to wait
but it was worth it!
This table of 5 got seated first
Deb, Jo-Anne, Bob, Keith and Tom
It was then I told them we’d take any number of tables, that we were willing to be split up. Things moved along then and the first table of 7 went to Tom, Deb, Keith, Jo-Anne and Bob. A table opened up for 4 for Ken W, Ken K, Kim and Shirley. Soon after, a table for 4 beside them became available and I asked if they would move them together and find 2 chairs for the last 6 of us to sit. That worked well. G & J’s friends, Matt and Karen, from Alberta, drove down from Midland LTVA and it was nice to have them join us.

Matt and Karen ordered a Goliath 18" or 20"?
Our drinks and pizzas weren’t too long in coming and we’ll say it again – the best pizza we’ve ever eaten. That is Bill’s and my opinion anyway. I had 2 pieces left that I brought home for tomorrow night’s supper. We said goodbye to Gayle and John with the understanding that we won’t see them again this winter. They will go in a different direction after leaving this area. We rode back with Ken and Kim and made plans for another trip through the tent and Tyson Wells. We’ve also invited Keith along.

Gayle and John ordered the Goliath as well
Look at how big it is!!
Our Large
1/2 Meatlovers
1/2 Hawaiian
When we returned back at camp, Bob invited everyone over for a drink in their trailer for a drink. I was almost too tired and hadn’t written my blog but Bill and I went for a short visit, as did Tom and Deb and Keith. I felt like Higgins, who fell asleep with his head in my hand and came back home 40 minutes later. It felt like a full day. The rest of the evening would be with our books while 2 programs recorded on our pvr.

Now that is one happy group and a table full of Pizza!

Thank you for taking to time to drop in!

10 comments:

  1. Love the wig and silly ALS. Housekeeping? Not so much!! I’m sure missing George’s blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thank you. Silly al's is so good. I agree about the housekeeping and George's blog. :)

      Delete
  2. I love Silly Al's pizza! I thought the long hair hat looked great on you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a lot of fun with the crew at the restaurant. The pizza looks delish (except the stuff with pineapple on it. :p)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have fun and good food. I agree about the pineapple but Bill loves it.

      Delete
  4. That wig looked good on you.
    We'll all miss George. Hopefully we'll continue to hear from Suzie.
    Your temperatures are much better in Quartzsite then here in Ontario.
    Looks like you all had lots of fun at Silly Al's and yes they have the best pizza anywhere.
    Not knowing better we ordered the Goliath Pizza the first time. We ate Pizza for Three Days.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      We are having some nice temperatures now. Just the odd cool day.
      My b-i-l said they'd be eating pizza until April. ha ha

      Delete
  5. What a busy day. I don't know why I'm growing long gray hair when I can just buy it for a buck! Looks nice on you. Gives you that Senior look. :)). Never been to Silly Al's. May have to try it this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, good luck finding a $1 wig like that! :)
      Thank you, just what I wanted. A senior look! LOL
      You'll like Silly Al's pizza, everyone does.

      Delete