Sunday, January 26, 2020

Whole Day of Lazyness, Bloggerfest? Star Gazing for Some



Quartzsite, AZ
I had good intentions on Saturday, Jan. 25th when I got up but they kind of went to pot. Bill had his coffee and I got on and published yesterday’s blog post. Around 7:45 when I should have got dressed for our walk, I lazed out and said ‘nah, for some reason, I don’t feel like walking’. Bill would have gone but did say that his legs were a bit achy so he was just as happy to stay home.

The view from our south window
Trying not to feel guilty, remembering the ice cream last night, I made my creamy tea with coconut oil and just relaxed at my laptop. I have a system, as Mom’s POA for her finances, where I send Donna the Rockwood Invoices for Mom. We do three months at a time. She prints them off and sends a form with my signature on it to the V.A. office. It is a huge bonus for Mom that she gets back a nice chunk every month from Veteran’s Affairs. Every little bit helps.

I wanted to show you our new jackets
Bill models for me

Visa Versa
I should know better than to look down when I pose LOL
Is that one chin or two?
I took care of that this morning so she would have them at the end of the month. Bill wandered over to see what Keith was up to today. They wanted to go flying this afternoon but with a possible Bloggerfest at 1 pm, Bill said he’d hang back to go with me. 

The jackets are a hit, most of the guys picked one up
Keith and Oreo decided they would take a drive to Parker just for the drive. It is going to be a lovely 72F today and the wind is virtually non-existent. Bill went up on the roof to give our 6 solar panels a cleaning. As has been pointed out, (not mentioning any names, Dave), we agreed they were terrible!

Cleaning the solar panels

You have to agree - they need it
You can see the difference
Notice the hanging wind sock, another calm start to the day
When Bob left, he’d returned our portable panel so that is now in addition and can be moved around to follow the sun during the daytime hours. I did a quick run through of some blog posts to see what and where our friends were today. I then should have gone for a walk but instead I took a new book out to sit on the patio. This book is called The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. Sounds like it is going to be a page turner too.

The parade of the Entegra's have started
for their journey home
At 12:45, we loaded our chairs, Kim & Ken’s chairs and a cooler in Black Beauty. Tom and Deb followed us to the pavilion at the front of the ‘park’ to Bloggerfest. Paula aka ShadowMoss, Sandy aka Where are the Dixons? Doug and Yuma aka Miss Adventure Travels and John and Brenda from John and Brenda’s Incredible Journeys were just arriving. I didn’t look up their web addresses and don’t have them on my sidebar but if you check out Suzie’s Our Awesome Travels, you will find them.

A small group in comparison to other years
If the 6 of us hadn't gone, it would have been a different story
Left to Right: Kim, Tom, Deb, Bill, Ken (invisible), Doug, Sandy
Paula, John, Brenda

Far side, Paula (ShadowMoss), John to her right and Brenda
It was a small group but Paula was surprised at even the 11 of us showing up without any advertising at all. Word of mouth is all it took. She is hoping for more next year so we need to try and remember that it will be held on the last Saturday of the Big Tent show. We sat around for a couple of hours before splitting off for home. It was a bit different, everyone speaking about themselves in turn so we got to know something about each other. No food today which worked for us as Bill and I don’t usually eat at that time of the day anyway.

Introduction - sniff sniff
When we got home it was time for Happy Hour so we moved our chairs into the middle and carried on. Doug and Yuma joined us and Keith returned from his day trip with Oreo. The two dogs are of like mind, one male, one female and it was comical to watch them play and run around together until it was time to settle them down. They are both active yet very good pups.

I love the look on Yuma's face as Oreo ogles him
At 5:25, it was cooling down even though the sun was still above the horizon and I came inside to start supper. We only have a half rack of ribs for supper tonight but they are quite meaty. I rubbed them front and back and after Bill turned the generator on, Madame IP got plugged in and began her chore. I wanted to do some cabbage but because 30 minutes was too long in the pot, I steamed it on the burner while the ribs got browned on the Weber Q. Leftover corn to warm up for Bill and that should be plenty for tonight.

I do believe there are some sweet nothings being whispered here
By 7 we were finished eating and that was another successful rib cook-off. 😊 My oh my were they good. It was a small half rack so Bill had a dish of Lime Jell-o for dessert. I was quite content without any. He washed and I dried dishes and then Ken popped over to offer Bill some assistance with his Canon camera. They are planning to try to shoot star pictures. Not famous people, but the stars in the sky. I stayed indoors, mostly, finishing my post. Maybe enough people had left today that I could get published before bed.

During Happy Hour this Mobile Suite, our twin, went through
Quite the assembly line
Wonder why the gap between the truck and camper?

Now you should have your answer
That little red smart car is theirs too
I downloaded pictures, although there weren’t many today, and moved them into Picasa to imprint my logo on them. I stepped outside to see how the boys were making out and Ken has managed a very cool picture of a grouping of stars. There are so many! It’s a beautiful night, still 63F at 7:30. 

From insideI watch as the sun sets
The ribs were perfect!
 This has been a very lazy day for me. I didn’t get out for a walk worth talking about. Bill got the solar panels and vents all washed as well as the Suite windows. When the sun shone on them later, the insides needed a bit more wiping down so I took care of that. That wasn’t a criticism, windows always need a second going over in different light.
No words necessary
While the boys were star gazing, I liked the look of
our site without a flash
This one is with a flash
I hope you’ve enjoyed your day and had warm temperatures today too. It got to 74F here in the desert of Quartzsite and we are loving it!

with my little Canon powershot
This is my attempt at a star picture
Lovely, isn't it?
Good night!
Thank you for stopping in. You are welcome to leave a comment at any time.

18 comments:

  1. It was a lovely warm day here in the desert.... The ribs you had for supper look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was! Hotter every day. :) And the ribs were awesome.
      Glad you could comment! :D

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you made the effort for Bloggerfest. It was an important event to George and Suzie and he was smiling down at you guys I'm sure. I hope to make it back to one some year. Glad your temps are co operating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorne. For George, we all showed up. We thought it was important to mention especially George and a few others that didn't come down this year.
      It would be great to see you this year, yes, you were mentioned too!

      Delete
  3. Love your new jacket!! Bill looks pretty spiffy in his too! Nice that you made it to Bloggerfest! Love the pics in the dark! Sounds like a great day all the way around :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the Weather cooperated for Bloggerfest.
    We always share the Half Racks of Ribs.
    The Smart Car travels on the Truck ahead of the trailer.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the "Q".

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful day for Bloggerfest or anything you want.
      Yes, the smart car goes in between the trailer and truck. They had our attention for sure.

      Delete
  5. Love the jackets. Glad you made Bloggerfest. I miss it every year. The weather has been looking up here too. That Yuma is a sweetheart!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, we do too!
      Yuma is a lovely dog and so is Oreo. They were cute together.

      Delete
  6. The jackets are very nice. Hope you don't to wear them very often. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maebeme. I know what you mean! They aren't heavy though so perfect for early mornings or cool afternoon happy hours.

      Delete
  7. Isn't every day down there full of lazyness! Looking forward to some star pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice jackets. We've been thinking about those as well.
    My solar panels were as dirty as yours and I too, just cleaned mine a few days ago.
    Looks like Yuma has a new friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are very nice.
      I'm sure the panels are enjoying that sun more now too!
      Yuma and Oreo got along well.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful pictures Patsy. It was just a gorgeous day and fun evening with friends. You could use the picture of your home in a sales brochure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, drat! Wish I had known there was going to be a bloggerfest this year. We would have changed plans and driven over from Yuma for that. It definitely needs more promotion and maybe a move to a more centralized place in the U. S., but that's not likely to happen. Anyway, thank you for the great photos and the story. Bless you for that!

    ReplyDelete