Wednesday, July 15, 2020

A Great Work Day, Testing my Project, New Idea from a Friend


The Ridge
It felt nice on Wednesday, July 15th to be able to stay in bed for a while longer. Bill had been up through the night with a nasty leg cramp that wouldn’t go away so we both tried a few common remedies. Finally, after 15 minutes of excruciating discomfort, the ice pack held to the bottom of his foot did the trick. Then the fun of trying to drop back off, I’d been in such a deep sleep.

Bill drove out for work and I followed on foot
Next I knew, he was getting up with the alarm and I decided I would wait until he left at 7:30 to go for my walk. I knew that cut it close for going to Graceland 2 for 9 but the extra half hour in bed was worth it. 😊 I met Rob and Bethany, they’d been up and out much earlier and on their way back when I met them. I pushed the limit on time because it was so beautiful out there and I walked beyond my usual mile before turning back.

Chippy found something to chew on
down at the end of the lane
Meeting Rob and Bethany on their way home

A nice view along the way

Ghosty is back in this picture
After my tea, I washed sparingly as Bill said we were out of water and that meant very little to wash and brush my teeth with. I was at Mitch’s by 9:05. Today, he’d moved the Ford truck out front, exchanging places with a 2015 Ford Edge which needed some rust touchups. Already. The truck’s cab/nose was facing out to the fields behind him and it was in the shade. The breeze out there was awesome! The sanding on the front areas, where he can’t use the palm sander, was easy peasy.

All the cattle headed west to the shade trees
Even the little guy 

The greenery has grown up so much, you can barely see out Suite
across the front field
Doesn't it look nice all cut neatly
It was 11:15 when I checked my watch so I worked a bit longer to be able to stop on the half hour. Mitch does give me chuckles although his language leaves a lot to be desired some days. He doesn’t mean to be offensive and I don’t take it that way but some of his stories are pretty funny. 

The yellow/green you see is my taping
and around it, the light colour is my great sanding job! haha
He needs help with his FB account and no matter what we do, we can’t get him set up on his phone. I’ll do some research here at home and try again tomorrow. So, it was an easy morning!

Enjoying a bp coffee
At home, I made myself a bullet proof coffee and it tasted extra good today. It also filled me so had a hard time deciding what to eat. I made up a tuna salad with mayo, onions and green olives and that was yummy and enough to satisfy me. 

Then I decided to take it easy and work on my little project. Oh yeah! Our friend, Nancy K, emailed me a cool project to try as well. I just have to hunt for a few things to put it together. Hint: it starts with a window (which I’ve been looking for forever).
This was lunch, and leftovers for tomorrow too
It was very good

Around 12:30 I lost my internet connection and that was extremely odd since I have a Hot Spot on my phone. Other than the research for Mitch, there was nothing pressing I needed to do so left it until later. In the Bunky, I finished making the Oriole feeder. I am probably too late, they have probably all disappeared although I didn’t think they would leave until later, in August. I wanted to try this and see if it really was a ’15-minute diy project’.

So, what do you think?
I still think I'm too late for the orioles but we'll see
Well, it wasn’t. I mean if you’d bought the orange dish at a $1 store and didn’t have to paint it, it would have taken me less time for sure. Although, tying the glued wool around the skewers (or twigs) was no easy feat. I only have 2 hands so that was a little challenging but eventually I got it put together and it is a very cool idea with grape jelly in the dish and an orange half sitting on top. Plus, it’s quite cute hanging in the tree!
I love the picture of this one

After I finished that, I saw something else that tweaked my warped eyes. The old glass turntable from our other microwave was just sitting in the Bunky waiting for some creative idea. I had already painted a few smooth rocks in solid colours so thought ‘why not?’ They glued on quite easily although the purple one didn’t have much of a base to hold it on. I’ll work on that and re-affix it to the glass. It’s kinda cool, isn’t it? So, it is hanging on the side of the storage shed.
Got the border done for now

I also spray painted a couple of other metal garden pieces since they were looking pretty weather worn. I like the new desert rust colour. Lastly, I moved everything off the table in my she-shed and started a 500-pc. puzzle. Just the perfect one to be doing in this weather. Lots of wild flowers and a couple of Monarch’s which I’m still waiting to see in real life. It was quite comfortable out there with the two windows open, my small fan blowing, the door latched to discourage my little buddies and the radio playing oldies.
I painted the metal plate on the right
and glued the rocks on the glass turntable
A purple fell off on the left but I like the look

At 3:30, I figured I’d had enough play time so came inside and poured myself a diet ginger ale. That was refreshing! Bill will probably be another hour so I settled at my laptop to check my connection. Yay! It is back. I did a bit of checking on Mitch’s problem and then sat in my chair with my book. Today, Mitch was chatty and at one point on his phone I noticed an old pix of him in his Elvis costume. So, when he couldn’t enlarge it, he sent it to me. LOL

And on the outhouse, I painted the rustic red on this
hanging
Bill texted at 4:30 that he was on his way home. Because we are out of water, once he got home and changed, we went over to the Acreage. If we weren’t desperate, it could have waited until after supper. It sure doesn’t take long to fill the water bladder and we were on our way home again. Bill proceeded to transfer it into the tank and I got the oil started in the FryDaddy. Breaking the rules tonight. I’m discouraged.
A second tiger lily in another shade

After a week and a half of strict fact counting, my weight is doing the same up down, up down. Chips and chicken balls done in the convection oven. We were eating by 7 but in stages, unfortunately. The fries were done in 20 minutes but the chicken balls were still half frozen after 12 minutes. Weird, so we ate our fries and then the chicken. We weren’t impressed with this brand of the balls and won’t buy them again. We found better ones at Fry’s in Yuma.

I wish I'd had this the day we caught our mouse
Good night!
We cleaned up dishes and then I suddenly felt worn right out. I’d had a busy enough day but not much work was involved after lunch. I sat with Bill as the Suite gradually cooled down. Outside it had already dropped 3 degrees and should be a decent night for sleeping again. How was your day?

Thank you for taking the time to see what we’ve been up to.

12 comments:

  1. I found a small window at an antique store. Maybe even a Michaels or hobby store. I heard Dollar store had bags of glass pieces, maybe even the same hobby store. Love your microwave plate hanging!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check out the Dollar Store! I'm cheap, er thrifty, so the window will have to be free or very little $$. :)
      Thank you, I didn't know what to do with the stones once I painted them. :)

      Delete
  2. Your lilies are blooming!!! Mine haven't even started yet.

    What a wonderful day you had.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pre-show of lilies and irises. Such a build-up and then the performance is never disappointing, they just keep coming. :)

      Delete
  3. When I hear people (my daughter) suggest she is bored, I think I ought to point her to your blog. She loves to paint and would get some great ideas from you.

    My favorite shot is the lily. My mom loved her lilies and every time I see them it reminds me of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, that is such a nice thing to say. In some ways, I never grew up so always trying weird things. :)
      I love the lily too. Sweet what you say about your Mom.

      Delete
  4. Poor Bill..I have read to drink some pickle juice for leg, foot cramps. They say it works amazingly quick. Never tried it though. Oh I LOVE your projects! The microwave dish is awesome! Love the rustic red on the hanging. So simple but so pretty along with your beautiful flowers! Your puzzle is going to be beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, thank you, because that is what works for me. He tried it one night when the cramp started and it worked but that night it did nothing. So, we went to what worked for me when I was pregnant in '75. Cold on the bottom of the feet. Eventually, it eased.
      The projects are silly somethimes but whether they work or not, doesn't matter as they don't cost me anything but time. :)

      Delete
  5. A friend of mine said to take a big spoonful of yellow mustard for leg cramps. Claims it works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re the leg cramps...YES, a couple of swigs of dill pickle juice does wonders IF I can hobble into the kitchen to get it out of the fridge! I've suffered with horrendous leg cramps for years and have tried every thing recommended. Dill pickle juice really works and I've also found that putting heat on the leg works well. I use a heating pad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! the juice works for me but not 100% of the time for Bill. We've not tried heat but he says it feels like they are being twisted in a vise. :( I'll remember the heat for next time too.

      Delete