Monday, July 20, 2020

Longer Shift for Patsy, Cooler Day, Shorter Shift for Bill


The Ridge
On Monday, July 20th, I woke around 6:30 feeling as if I’d had a wonderful sleep. I remember waking at one point with a dream but when I tried to grab it back, it was gone. No idea now what it was about. We’d both showered yesterday so Bill and I just washed to ready for work.

My morning started like this with a clear sky
on my way to Durham
I left for the Mat just before 7 and once again was pleased to find it locked. For some reason, the second round of lights never did come on and I couldn’t figure out from the timer what was wrong. There are always 3 or 4 emergency fluorescent light panels on so you can certainly see what you’re doing easily enough. Only one customer today who needed assistance a couple of times but I made light work of cleaning.

Look at the size of this moth on the floor of the laundromat!
I didn't want someone to kill it
So, I scooped it up on a newspaper and took him outside
The details on his back are pretty impressive
Back home, I had my tea and read blog posts before driving over to Mitch’s for 9:30. My plan is usually to work 2 hours but when I told him that I wouldn’t be in on Tuesday, he suggested I stay 4 hours to help get the Ford finished taping. He wanted to paint it in the morning. The day was very comfortable, around 21C/70F so very easy to work away and lose track of time. Especially with Mitch telling stories. We get along well; I just have to block out some of the words. šŸ˜Š


He sent me on my way at 1:30, saying he could finish the last of the sanding and taping around the back window. Because I hadn’t eaten, I was grateful to leave. I felt hungry and weak through the last half hour. I could’ve left earlier and returned but I was good to stay and ‘get ‘er done’. I reminded Mitch that I worked at the Mat on Wednesday so it would be closer to 9:30 again before I would be there.

I impressed myself today with my first taping job
I feel that I’m learning things, even though I may never do anything like this again, except for him. It's still new stuff and I am enjoying the easy work at the same time. When I returned home, I made another tea and put a plate together for lunch. With my garden lettuce, corned beef, cheese, mayo and tomato I made a nice little sandwich with no bread. The plate was filled with olives, cottage cheese, cuke and radish slices too so I wasn’t going to starve.

He just had to do the back window and the rocker panel
and it was ready for painting
Bill texted as I sat at my laptop at 2:45 saying he was on his way home. I knew he would be leaving early but got away even earlier still. He had a belt break on the mower on Saturday so we’ll be towing/pulling it up the hill to Northline Sales & Service, four properties just east of us. Around 4, I drove Ptooties up North Line and Bill sat on the Cub Cadet as I pulled it to the repair shop. What our boys will do for fun, eh? It's like his own quad! haha Back home, we sat together in our chairs and he dozed off while I read. 

The soy beans in the farmer's field beside Graceland 2 are so high
this year!
We were having leftover meat loaf for supper so nothing to prepare tonight. Just before 6 I started reheating it in Madame IP and got some of my frozen broccoli on the stove ready to cook. We haven’t had a lot of sun today to charge our batteries, but they were up around 13.6 anyway. We plugged in after using the IP so I could give Bill’s vegetables a quick zap of about 3 minutes in the microwave.

This was lunch
No picture of supper as I didn't eat what I had on my plate
Today was another day of hardly any pictures and certainly none too interesting. That’s my life, right now! Supper was ready by 6:30 but my appetite was a little off. I think I messed it up by having a creamy tea just before I started cooking but I still enjoyed the tea. šŸ˜Š We chatted with friends from the Toronto area and caught up with them before sitting down for the night.

Boys just want to have fu-un. ♫ ♪
Good night
The air was cool outside and it is going down to 12C/54F tonight. Maybe not all windows will be open for once in a long time. It’s been a good day today and I got a few good hours of work in. I’ve taken a day off from working with Mitch tomorrow so plan to go to Owen Sound with Donna. That should be fun, we haven't done that since last year!

Thanks for your visit!

16 comments:

  1. Nice job on the truck!! Too funny you towed the tractor. Now that would have made a good picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had to keep the speed down while towing Bill on the mower or he could have ended up in the ditch. Good thing I love him. :)

      Delete
  2. Loving this break from the extreme heat. Sad that so many had such a severe storm to break it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you in sticking it out and getting the 4 hours in. It has been cooler here as well and I just love that I don't have to have the air conditioning on for a chage.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Masking Job. Also nice to have more exceptable temperatures.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The truck masking looks good. It will be nice to see the final picture! I'm glad to hear you are enjoying some nice temps right now. Please send some of those towards SE Kansas. :) I think moths can be quite interesting. That one almost seemed camoflouged for a hungting trip! Ha! How nice you could tow the mower since it is located near you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope the truck is still there when I return on Wednesday. that was an interesting moth. Huge!

      Delete
  6. That is a huge moth! The masking job looks great, sanding too. It will be nice to see the finished product. That is great that the fix it shop is so close and Bill got his "quad" ride. Speaking of quads, you hear much from Keith and Oreo? He is a really nice guy. Mitch is quite a character it seems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I'm enjoying the job and hope I see the finished truck too!
      Bill chats with Keith periodically. He is actually teaching Ken to fly model planes. We hope to see them both soon.

      Delete
  7. Ewww..you're more gracious than I would be about the moth. They creep me out.

    Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister hates moths too but he was too big and beautiful to smush. :D

      Delete
  8. It's great that Mitch allows a flexible schedule. Have a fun day with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elva. I'm the only one working for Mitch right now so it is great that he lets me come and go when I want. :)

      Delete