Monday, July 27, 2020

Some Relief, It's Wonderful, Prepping the Plymouth


The Ridge
Bill and I were awakened in the wee hours around 3 to the sound of rain on Monday, July 27th. We closed windows; I wasn’t exactly enjoying the shower on my face at that time of the morning. It lasted no more than 25 minutes and we were both off to sleep until 6:15. Bill left for work at 7:30 and I went for a walk to the turbines.

This is what he was going for and
it just needs a bit more spreading
I saw Rob and Bethany behind me after I turned around and know that they walk to the corner and back. That’s 2 miles each way and I give them credit. If I wasn’t walking alone, and had someone to push me further, I might go further too. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy walking alone at the best of times. I couldn’t dawdle too long over my tea and laptop as I wanted to be at Graceland 2 for 9 start up.

I took a chance with the sky this morning
I sure didn't want to get caught in any weather
This milkweed looks like it has been sprayed
Weird
When I arrived, Mitch gave me a block hand sander this time and some coarser paper to go over the spots I’d tape-marked for dents. I was impressed what it did to emphasize the dents when I brushed over and over the spot. I’m starting to understand why I do things and that is a good thing. I do believe he will be showing me how to use filler to touch up those spots. Good grief, does he know who he’s dealing with? Haha!

I started sanding on the back and was impressed
with how the dents became so visible
The back was done

 After doing those spots all around the Plymouth, he showed me to hook up the air hose and I blew the dust and particles off the roof. Next, I taped the leather edges of the roof and covered it all in paper. Blocking, I think he calls this procedure. Time had slipped by and he said when I finished covering the roof, I could tour. Meaning head home. That was a 2 ½ hour morning job. 😊 Pretty easy, peasey. I’d helped him move the folding hood into his room so he could sand it down.

A few on the side doors
Back home, I could feel the humidity creeping in but not as bad as yesterday. I kept the blinds down to hold what coolness I could in and what heat I could out. I made myself a bullet-proof coffee and emptied the last of my hummer feed into the new feeder. Let’s see if we can get the birds back again. I filled the oriole feeder with jelly and another orange. I’ve seen them around but not sure if that is who’s eating the food. Chippy can’t get on the new feeder so that’s a positive.

Before I left, I had to tape and cover all of the leather roof


We removed the hood so Mitch could sand it in the next room
Mitch sent me home with some more yellow and green beans. Says he doesn’t have time to cook them. I don’t care why; I’m loving them and thanked him ‘very much’! I swept the carpets, scatter mats and floors in the Suite and filled our vitamin containers. 

More fresh string beans

Topped and tailed
I remember picking, topping, tailing and washing them as a teenager
to earn $$ for the dances
I never received an allowance so this was the next best thing!
Sometimes at night, although it isn’t good to nibble, I feel like something so today I’m making up a batch or two of peanut butter fat bombs. I looked in Foodland for some unsweetened condensed milk but wasn’t surprised they didn’t have it on the shelf. I want to try homemade ice cream without the sugar.

I cleaned up this little garden

Aren't these pretty?
I went out and pulled the weeds around the small flower garden along the corral fence and delighted in the Toto rustic daisy plant. It hasn’t stopped flowering since it started and they are gorgeous little bright spots. Yesterday, I took Bill up to the garden to show him the pumpkin but forgot to take a picture of the flowers. I checked for tomato worms on my plants but could only see green tomatoes in amongst the leaves. Some of the plants are so tall, outgrowing the wire baskets.

The garden is very full but most of the bright colour is gone
I was getting sticky again so came inside and made the fat bomb mixture. Then it needs to sit in the fridge for 2 hours before rolling into balls. I’d been nibbling on sardines, yogourt and licking the spoon and beaters so found that with the coffee earlier, it was enough to sustain me until supper. I texted Bill that I needed to be available tomorrow and Wednesday to help Mitch with the Plymouth. We’d been talking about going to London one day if he wasn’t needed at work.

When I checked my emails this afternoon, I had a notification that my camera had been shipped. Yippee! Soon, I’ll get the tracking # so I can keep an eye on a delivery day. Bill called to let me know he was done work at 1:30 and heading to Walkerton to check in with Joe at Hometown Tire. He was going to get back to us with pricing and a date for greasing the bearings on the Suite. He said he’d send one of his guys out to do it.

Lots of flowers on the pumpkin
even though you can't see them all
Around 2:30, I walked down to check the mailbox and clean it up at the same time. It gets pretty dusty down there at the gravel road so Bill asked if I would give it a spit ‘n shine. 😊 I’d forgotten that I ordered a couple of Pest Away bottles from a school friend who makes it, and that is what was in the mailbox today. A nice little surprise. 
Back up the hill, I’d warmed up considerably again but at least it was comfortable inside. I started my blog post and then went out with my book to wait for my sweetie.

A neat little package with some natural bug spray
and a bonus couple of lip balm
thank you Brenda G.!
He was home shortly after 3 with an appointment to take the Suite in for greasing, brake check and new tires. That is one thing off our minds. He will take care of that when I am off with my sisters for Ladyfest. I’ll just have to remember to pack stuff away on the Monday night as I leave here on a Tuesday. We sat outside for a bit and Bill came in for a snooze. It was time to roll the fat bombs so I did that after finishing my book. It was definitely a good and fast read.

On BookSmart, I worked away at starting a new book. I’ve been making one each summer so needed to get the paperwork of our winter notes together and get on it. It takes me a while and I try and change it up a bit every year. Maybe once we start doing the same thing every year, stay in the same place, travel the same route, I won’t write one but for now, there has been a significant change every time. I enjoy putting them together and always get anxious to receive my copy.

Simple but delicious
For supper, I fried the mini sausages and cooked some of my beans. Bill, when asked, preferred a Caesar salad so that was easy to put together. We had a container of Swiss Chalet sauce in the fridge from the other night so I heated that. It was quite yummy with the sausages and unlike some people, we like the taste of it. The beans were awesome again, cooked perfectly. We got the dishes out of the way and after I posted my blog, I went back to my book making. At 7:10, the rain started. Another nice steady rain that didn't seem like it would last too long.

And the rain stopped after 15 minutes
Good night y'all!
I wanted to give Bridgette a call and she said tonight would be better than Sunday so at 7:30 we gave her a dingle. She should be home from work and have had her supper by then. We had a lovely conversation for half hour and caught up on things. Unfortunately, Chris was on the afternoon shift so we missed him. I'll have to try Patrick tomorrow night. 

The air was cooling as the evening progressed with lovely cool air coming in the windows. We dropped from 27C/80F to 21C/71F by 7 pm. It was going to be a nice night for sleeping. I’ll see if I get another face shower tonight!

This has been a good day. I hope you can say the same! Thank you for popping by!

12 comments:

  1. That's a lot of work Bill has done, but it looks great! And your Toto daisy's are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, Bill spread a lot of gravel in a short period of time.

      Delete
  2. No one appreciates an wake up shower that early in the morning.
    Nice job on the Plymouth.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the cooler temperatures.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job taping and sanding there. Love the flowers.

    Our beans are just getting blossoms, hopefully we will be eating some very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, it is actually enjoyable work, quiet times (mostly) for thinking. :)
      The beans are so good!

      Delete
  4. I bet you never thought you'd ever be sanding old cars eh. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you're done with that Plymouth, I have a couple dents in my truck you can take out for me!! LOL You're going to be a good "body" woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The green and wax beans look so yummy! My daddy used to grow the best! Yep, if you need a real job one day you can apply at the body shop LOL. Let us know if the natural repellant works! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fresh beans are so good and I don't mind topping and tailing them now. :)
      I would just need the equipment to paint the vehicle! haha

      Delete