Monday, August 31, 2020

August Ends on a Sunny Monday

The Ridge

I was up first, at 6:30, on Monday, Aug. 31st. Last day of this month and we can’t believe how quickly it went. It was a busy, busy but great month. Recapping, we had a week of friends’ visits, we worked many hours at our jobs, I had fun times with my family, vegetables in the garden came to fruition, some bills got paid off and Bill made great progress with his planes. It’s been a pretty good month!

A blue sky to start the day off right
Coming home from Durham

Leaving Sleeping Beauty in bed, (that's unusual!) I slipped out to go clean the Mat. I was reminded that it was garbage day as I entered Durham but Bill was up and on the ball at home. It was quiet today in the Mat, just one customer came in at the half hour. I had taken my tea which is working out well for me, doing that. Back home, Bill was cutting the ‘front’ lawn area and I sat and read blogs to pass the half hour before 9. I hadn’t got my morning kiss yet so when I was ready to leave for Graceland 2, I walked over to get one before going out the lane.

I love the white fluffies against the blue background

 It was a runaround morning at Mitch’s. First, I drove his Acadia with him to pick up his Lincoln from the repair shop. It needed some minor work to get its safety check done. Then I worked on papering and taping the Ford Edge to get it ready for painting. Mitch was on the go 90% of the time so I worked without a supervisor. With just a few minutes left, together we covered the hood and roof from front to back. It is easier with two than a single person.

And the turn onto Baptist Church Road is an interesting
one - I love it!

Mitch pointed out some papering that I messed up near the hatch so I was lightly chastised and he scooted me off saying he’d fix it. Oh darn! I offered to hang around and do it right but he took partial blame since he wasn’t there to guide me as I went along. I’d never covered a complete car before! I knew he wanted to paint the car this afternoon so I wasn’t able to fix my own mistake.

A couple of the birdfeeders now hang in this tree

Back home, Bill was ‘still’ cutting grass, this time out in the front field. Everything else was done. From the evidence in the sink I could see that he’d had something to eat so I did the same and made myself a coffee. We went into town to FS Co-op to get a propane tank filled. While Bill did that, I ran across to Foodland to get some 4% Cottage cheese since Walmart didn’t have it. I was also looking for my 9% Liberte yogourt but no one seems to have it. 

The property is looking wonderful after a grass cutting

After getting propane, we went to get fuel and from there I walked to Home Hardware. I wanted bird seed to see if they would be hungry and I also found some work gloves. Bill met me in there and we drove home from there. Bill wasn’t done working yet, some day off, eh? He drove over to the Acreage for water and that was when I  followed up on a contact that we were given yesterday for a furnished apartment in Hanover. Sadly, as beautiful as it is, it is out of our price range. Darn! We do have a prospect from another one that we saw and now it is a matter of biding our time to see what happens at the border.


I followed his path to the pond's backside

We dozed in our chairs at some point and then he went out to dump our black tank. Two trips from the Suite to the outhouse took care of that. I got up to go for a walk but got distracted and filled the bird feeders. I don't know if they are looking for food but it is there in case they are. Chippys have been in hiding for quite a while, I only see one every other day if that. If they are around, the seed will bring them back.

Peeking so as not to scare them,
I approached the pond

To find this one lonely turtle who would not be frightened away
I didn't realize the dirty pond could look so pretty!

The weeds growing around the fire pit have finally irked me enough to do something about it. If you were here in August, you saw how the grass grew up from dropped seeds. We actually discussed it. Well, I’m happy to report that it looks much better now. The ground was damp and sandy enough to make it easy. Then I walked down the lane and checked out where Bill cut grass. He goes farther each time as long as the ground is dry. He’d reported a log full of turtles earlier but I only found one lone one this late in the day. It was after 5:30 so we both came up to start supper.

A yummy summer supper

Bill grilled the sausage on the Weber and I cooked corn on the cob inside on the stove. We were eating by 6:30 or so and after cheesecake, had dishes done by 7. Bill returned to the Hangar and I worked on my blog. 

I saw this from up on the hill
and wondered if I'd just missed the sunset

I ran (yup ran) down the lane to capture what I could

And was rewarded

This was a busy day and even though Bill worked at home on his day off, it means the rest of his week and weekend won’t be so hectic. I hope you’ve had a good start to your week and end to the month.

If you didn't know any better, you'd think that Bill lived here
But never fear, only when he is in the dog house does he have to
stay down here overnight. Ha ha
Good night AUGUST!

Thank you for popping in!

10 comments:

  1. Another Busy day for the both of you. Sounds like Mitch will be teaching you how to spray paint soon.
    Might be wise to put a Down Payment on a place because it might not be available in November.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy enough, yes! :)
      Motel suites don't require down payments and the ones we've checked are not busy after the first week of November. Apartments would be a different story.

      Delete
  2. Motel suite ... now that's a good idea!! I love the look just after everything has been mowed. It's always so fresh!! You're going to be a pro at auto painting and repair very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are small, motel suites, and pricey but cheaper than apartments.

      Delete
  3. What beautiful pictures today! The sky is so blue with the white fluffy clouds! Dinner looks simple but yummy and now I'm craving a hot link! haha. The motel would have a kitchenette I would assume, probably more economical than an apartment and especially if you don't have to worry about a down payment I would think that would be the way to go. Easier to get out, if the borders open too. Fingers Crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley. Yes, the motel 'suites' have kitchenette and I could/would take our IP, electric frypan, air fryer, Keurig. We'd be buying food often because their fridges are so small but............
      Yes, we sure don't want a lease so no down payment.

      Delete
  4. I may be alone in this, but I don't believe the borders will be open by January. I fully expect there will be a second wave of Covid and like the one in 1918 worse than the first. I'd be happy to be wrong.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you're not alone, Maebeme, in your thinking but we sure as heck hope you're wrong. :(

      Delete
  5. Jerry is having hot links for dinner tonight. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete