Thursday, October 15, 2020

Just an Update and Not Much Else

The Ridge

Thursday, Oct. 15th Bill and I woke after a restless night. I sleep now with my phone beside me, just in case. Usually, I don’t hear Bill get up through the night but at 1:20, I came full awake. No phone call to this point. Lately, I have been dealing with my right hand going to sleep – a lot. I can’t figure how or why since it doesn’t happen when I sleep on it. It makes it tough for me to go back to sleep once I'm awake. I can't seem to wake it up and can't find a comfy position.

So, here is Tommy and we (I) went from blue paint to
metal


It looks like it would be easy but
what you see is about 6 hours of work
and it wasn't even done here
By the time I finished, it didn't have the spots

Anyway, at 5, we were both awake again and that was it. I couldn’t drop off again. (I know that isn't early for some of you, but it is for me). Many things can be the blame for that, my right hand being only one of the culprits. I decided to get up with Bill at 6 even though I didn’t have to clean this morning. I sat in my chair with my tea until he left around 7:30 for Hanover. The rain was intermittent but they had a couple of windows to install and managed to get that job done.

A simple ham, cheese and lettuce sandwich
with yogourt for lunch


I reported to work before 9 and managed to complete a log of the sanding onTommy, taking it right down to the metal for patching and priming. It was toasty warm inside the shop today and Mitch was proud to show off his new furnace. We didn’t need it on for long though, the wood stove was enough since the outside temperature was fairly mild. Bill called around 11 that he was on his way home. The rain was to blame.

A peek at our host's garage


Peek-a-boo!
A 1901 hiding under the blankets

At noon, I joined him here at the Suite. I had my shower, we had lunch and we loaded up Black Beauty for a trip to Paisley. Wes and Susan greeted us and then left us to unload and unpack. Bill and I made the bed in ‘our’ room and before leaving, we met a couple of friends/neighbours of theirs. After a couple of stops on the way home, Bill dropped me at Rockwood for a visit with Mom. It was 4:30.

I can't name the cars but Bill can
I do know the bottom one is a Viper

Donna was there and left within half hour leaving just Mom and me. 😊 I hadn’t been alone with her since my first and second visits so it was nice, and time for a personal visit again. I found the book that had gone missing so I was happy to tuck it in my purse and bring it home. Bill returned around 6:30 to bring me home and we had scrambled eggs and sausage patties with toast. That was easy and it hit the spot. Hopefully tomorrow night, I;ll be able to prepare the last Hello Fresh meal.

My favourite picture of the day

Mom is still hanging in there but other than minor downhill changes, nothing to indicate what is keeping her with us. No matter, we are enjoying the time with her. She has never had so many visits! Maybe that is why she is staying. Today, I held Mom's warm hand in mine and it was a Kodak moment. 

a little bit of a pretty sky

After dishes, I knew I would crash had I sat in my chair. The alternative was to write my post first. So, this day's update is 'no news, is good news' – kind of. I hope you’ve had a good day, as I have.

Here is a splash of red sky at night
Hopeful for a nice day tomorrow

Good night!



Thank you for popping in.

5 comments:

  1. You might be having some effects from those tools you are using at the paint shop. There is a condition similar to Carpal Tunnel that affects joints in the elbow and shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, I'll be taking a break over the winter at least. :) Every other day.

      Delete
  2. The picture of yours and your mom's hand is so sweet. I have a picture of mine and my dad's hand that I took in the early morning hours at the hospital a few years when my sister and I spent four days sitting with him during his last days. My heart goes out to you, I know how difficult this time is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just felt right, interesting that you did it too. I asked her to squeeze if she wanted to but she couldn't. Thank you MT.

      Delete
  3. Its carpal tunnel. Hang your hand over the side of the bed. It will feel much better. That surgery is easy and it fixes it immediately . You might look into that since you are sticking around this winter. It usually doesn't get better without the surgery.

    ReplyDelete