Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Mid-Week Winter, Let’s Get Italian!

The Ridge

On Wednesday, Apr. 21st I was up first. No alarm and no reason to be up to go anywhere, but I’d been awake for an hour. Bill was still sleepy and remained in bed for another 20 minutes or so. I’d crawled into bed around 10 last night, not being able to keep my eyes open any longer, so I don’t know when he joined me. Today, another cold, wintry day, 0C/32F but feeling like -11C/-7F with the strong winds.

We weren't putting much hope in sun for the day
but it was nice to see it peeking through for a moment

Luckily, again, no white precipitation present. Later on, we spotted the odd flake blowing around but hardly worth mentioning. The day consisted of a couple of trips to town. Bill went first, right after his first coffee, to get a propane bottle filled. I went second to pick up a prescription for him that I’d ordered on line. I also needed greeting cards and the I.D.A. was the only option for those. 😊 The air in town was noticeably warmer but only because of our location on the top of a hill.

After sitting for a few hours, I bundled and walked down to the
mailbox

Walking past the garden, I notice how the irises have continued to shoot up
they don't seem to mind the cold

I knew the mail lady left something so it was worth the walk
Look at the winds

The rest of the day was lounging, internet surfing and Bill messed around with our Dimplex fireplace. It worked properly for a while after we got it back from CanAm last summer but soon was back to its old trick of not shutting off. He wanted to measure it and get some information so he could address the issue with the manufacturer. We spoke to my daughter, Bridgette, at one point and made a couple of other related phone calls. I was deeply involved in my book, soon to finish it while Bill was on the phone. I’m sure I'll be done soon, it’s hard to put down.

A parcel from China - worth the walk?
A bug repellant - we'll see if it works


The sky tried to open up this afternoon

I refuse to drag my winter coat out of the closet
so layered up - BRR

We’d had bacon and eggs on toast around 11:30 and that held us over until supper. I did have a cup of creamy tea around 3:30 as per usual. Needless to say, I was starving by 5. Speaking of supper, I used Madame IP to saute ground beef, mushrooms and onions before adding sauce and noodles on top. Rolls in the oven for 15 minutes and the IP on Manual for 8 and we were eating a nice hot winter spaghetti supper. Geesh, I’m ready for spring, aren’t you?

Winds and clouds made it feel wintry

I truly enjoyed this meal

The evening was pretty much normal after a great day. The most important thing is that we were here together and can put another cold day behind us. Warmer stuff is – on – the – way! 😊

One last peek out the window, the sky is almost clear of clouds
Good night!

Thank you for popping in.

6 comments:

  1. Like yourselves we are so looking forward to warmer weather with less wind.
    Lunch sounded good but Supper looked tasty.
    Be Safe staying warm and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like after Sunday now, we're in the teens. Now to just stay up there! :)
      Take care.

      Delete
  2. Jerry was complaining about the temperature today....only 78. He's ready to go back to Wellton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's warmed up some here, but it's up and down for a few more days. Hopefully by the end of the month we can all look forward to some warm weather.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dinner plate inspired me and we'll have some of that this evening too. At least you were spared the snow up there but with the wind it must be freezing up on the ridge. Crank up the heat and enjoy the indoors! Nice jacket I hadn't seen on you before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It did feel wintry and cold the past two days. A few odd flakes blowing around here too.

    ReplyDelete