Thursday, May 6, 2021

Pushing my Limit, MORE Babies!!

The Ridge

On Thursday, May 6th there wasn’t much time to breathe let alone relax. 😊 As Bill drove out the laneway at 7, he saw TWO families of baby geese so that was exciting news. The sky was blue and sunny when I ran out to start Ptooties. Pretty out but frosty and the windshield needed thawing. I left 15 minutes after Bill. The Mat was occupied by only one customer and she was out of there within 15 minutes.




These pictures were from the sunset last night
after I posted
Too pretty to not include somewhere

I put our sheets and some of Bill’s work shirts in a washer and went about the cleaning business. Within 40 minutes, I was on my way home. The sun encouraged me enough to take the clothes home for hanging. The clouds had moved in and it looked like rain but I hung them anyway. I made my thermos of coffee and left the Suite 5 minutes before 9. When I arrived at the shop, I removed the glue residue left behind from the decals on the van sitting outside.

My morning smile as I left for Durham

Looks like a proud parent to me

Pond reflections

There was a bit more sanding on the red Ford, well, a bit more than a ‘bit’, and after working for an hour we drove M’s pick up down the road to get more skids for kindling for the wood stove. We’re getting better at working on that process. Me in the back of the truck stacking and M handing them up to me. Back at the shop, I finished sanding and then we worked together removing the front fender from the van.

On my way home to cloudy skies

This took up my last hour and finally after a painstaking task of removing nuts and bolts, plus wipers, plus grills etc., it was off. Just in time for me to leave at 12 noon. At home, I warmed up a bowl of my soup and finished my coffee. I was out the door again at a few minutes past 1 and remembered that I needed fuel after yesterday’s drive. That took time I couldn’t really spare and as I was approaching Owen Sound, I knew I’d be late.

From geese to turtles
All those shiny dots in the picture ......... yup, Yertles 🐢

You know what that does to a person who is NEVER late? I felt stressed and even more so when I had never been to the VanVugt Greenhouses so was winging it with the help of our gps. The venue didn’t have a fire # on their website so I just followed it as best I could. When I came to a dead end, I had to call V.Vugt to ask for some guidance, at the same time explaining why I was late. Eventually, I found the place and picked up my plants.

I was happy to see the sun come out

Mail delivery


Package for Bill

The drive home was another one of despair. Needing a washroom, I hate being the age where more frequent visits are necessary! I made it home but again frustrated with the whole pandemic lockdown situation. When I arrived, Bill was down at the Hangar, after just arriving home too. We exchanged our ‘day’ stories and Bill settled in for a snooze. I went on the auction site, the Rockford one, and watched the 2 items that I was bidding on. It’s like entertainment and we blame Wes! Ha ha, just kidding, we’re glad to have access to the fun. 😊


Only a couple of pictures from Kelso Beach
because i was in too much of a hurry to get home

The drive home the back way was pretty

For supper, it was leftover stuffed peppers and Bill had some brown beans w/toast with his. There is still some leftover for one, for another night. We finished the strawberry cake tonight too so the fridge is slowly getting back to normal. With dishes done, we enjoyed the remainder of the evening quietly. It was truly a runaround day for me and it was nice to ‘chill’.

An easy filling supper
Good night!

Thank you for stopping around.

6 comments:

  1. You did better than I today as you found your place. I never did find the place I was looking for. Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. I didn't mention that I drove about 8 km out of my way though! LOL

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures of geese, especially little ones, turtles and sunsets. You sure do keep busy Patsy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loree. Do you have geese in your area?
      Yesterday was TOO busy.:)

      Delete
  3. You know me, I'd be out taking pictures of the baby geese all day long!! Gosh they are cute. And the turtles ... so MANY!!! I have to admit, getting an Amazon package is usually the highlight of my day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing the goslings! I suspect there will be some here too very soon.

    ReplyDelete