Monday, July 26, 2021

A Day Off…………………………….From Blogging, Outdoor Fun

The Ridge

On Sunday, July 25th, I truly took a day off. Not from work, because I cleaned at the Mat from 8 to 9, at the same time I did our two loads of laundry. The temperature was already rising quickly yet the sky was quite overcast. We knew there was a ZERO expectancy for rain today so I followed through with my plan and brought the clothes to hang on the line. It turned out to be the right choice.

Gibbs drags his bed all over the floor
Here he is trying to get it behind our chairs

Back home, Bill were relaxing in the recliner, waiting for me. Neither of them heard Ptooties coming up the and were surprised when I walked in. I had my tea before hanging the clothes and by the time I finished, the sun had poked through the light clouds. I always have ‘big’ plans to do things but you know, by the time you finish one thing, things change.


are you surprised that this happens?
He continues to chew, even after I sew it.
Bill turned it inside out so he's laying on the nylon
side but he still manages to rip holes in it
LOL Puppies!! He is getting new teeth though so...

Bill was puttering (he does a lot of that!), still on the on-going project. Maybe by summer’s end he’ll be able to write about success. 😊 I thought I should do some weed-eating with him home to help start the trimmer, if I needed it. As we were sitting outside with Gibbs on the patio, I mentioned forgoing the trimming and he readily agreed. It was already hot at 10 am, reaching 26C/79F  by the end of the day. When he said he was done what he could do today on his project and that he was going to get his big plane out, my final decision was made too.

All set up for some fun

So, I set things up on the picnic table this time. it takes a while to get organized, bringing things out from the Bunky. Since Paisley, I at least have all my paints in one box now and although the box is ‘luggy aka heavy’ it saves me a lot of trips. I left Gibbs tied up at the steps since it was definitely cooler there. I did open my umbrella but there was still limited shade, which I sat under.


Gibbs stayed linked to the step where there was a breeze
and more shade first thing

I had a barn board, not sure if I showed you when I got it from V.V. but it had HOME SWEET HOME, burned in it. It is nice but hard to see the etching and my attempts at redoing it were of no use. Bill suggested I paint it. 😉 That’s what today’s painting was all about. I was running out of good rocks to decorate anyway. I am so pleased with what I did to the board and then I sprayed clear over it to save it. It will be sitting outside.

What do you think?
It turned out better than I thought!

I also had 3 wood flower heads that I’d picked up at V.V. a while ago so freshened them up with brighter colours. They have little clips on the back for hanging so I’ll find a place for them. As I was finishing, I brought Gibbs over to the table where there was shade and Bill added fresh water to our pool for us. Yup, great day for a swim! It only put about 2” in the bottom but it was enough and because it had been sitting in the bladder in the back of the truck, it was a nice temperature.

For now my board sits in this garden

I haven't decided yet where these flowers are
going yet

I set Gibbs in and he hopped out. As I played with my feet in the water, he soon got in on his own. It is good water so I didn’t mind that he drank it and I got a kick out of watching him get in and out. 

I can do it myself, Mom

And he did, in and out a few times

A little wet head

We had fun


The bright umbrella made us feel like we were
on a great vacation somewhere!
I guess we are! 😍

At one point, I looked and his whole head was wet so I missed a Candid moment apparently! 😊 The rest of the day was Bill in the Hangar area, making progress he said on his plane, and me making progress with a new book. I’ll probably finish it quickly, it is a real page turner.

A Mimosa, a pool, a special friend

a hammock, book, beautiful sky

I think it is a pretty nice private vacation spot,
wouldn't you?

And my coneflowers have bloomed!

They are gorgeous too, worth the wait

Because I was enjoying myself outside, rarely indoors, my blog didn’t even get a minute of my time until Monday morning. Woops! 

The ice cream cone didn't last long so no picture 🍦🍦

We just had a nice garden salad for supper, finishing up with an ice cream cone. Neither of us were very hungry. After dishes, we watched The Good Witch and I watched Why Women Kill while Bill had his shower and made his lunch. It was a wonderful summer day! I'll close with a couple of small videos of the munchkin. The second one might explain how things get damaged with sharp teeth! Ha ha.





Thank you for your visit!

16 comments:

  1. Those baby teeth are like razorblades !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practicing his KILL IT skills!!!! Good job Gibbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your place looks like an oasis! You both work so hard keeping it up. I love your sign and flowers!! A day off never hurts anyone!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have a lovely place to spend your staycation. Of course, I know it takes a lot of work to keep it looks as good as it does. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sign and the flowers are gorgeous!! I love them all! Doesn't sound like "a day off" LOL. Gibbs is a little terror! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. It was a good day off and skipping the blog didn't bother me at all - until Monday. ;)

      Delete
  6. You do have a great place there. Having seen it in person helps a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you FG. You know you are welcome to come and see it again if that ever worked for you!

      Delete
  7. You do have a great vacation spot. It's also nice to have some time off as well.
    Be safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete