Thursday, July 29, 2021

Day Two, Leisurely Morning ‘STRETCHING’ Into Mid Day

The Ridge

On Wednesday, July 28th I woke to different surroundings and could hear a rustling of covers and feel movement in the bed beside me. Oh yah, that’s my sister. Now I know where I am! It took me a while to get to sleep last night, about 30 minutes, which is unusual for me, but then I slept well until 6:30. Aj joined us, we all woke around the same time and we chatted before moseying upstairs.

A beautiful morning awaits us

I had yesterday’s post to finish so set to work while the other girls talked about things that mostly ‘lost’ me. 😊 That’s okay, I’m not into everything they are nor do I understand a lot of it. With the blog finished, I went down to give my chosen ‘exchange’ clothes a second perusal. I managed to swap out a couple of items but was quite happy with everything else.

I enjoyed our lunch again

We had a Scrabble game on the go, the real hard copy game, so we take turns playing that. In between that, Donna surprised us all and brought out some Tarot cards for fun. We each took a turn at having our cards read. Interesting how some things were bang on and others totally 'out there'. It was around noon when we started pulling the lunch food out of the fridge and set up for another round of unique tastes. 😊

Ready for Espe

Isn't she a bright little star? 😀

It was 1:30 when we were all dressed and Donna drove this time to Hanover. We had a 90-minute class booked for Yoga with Espe and she was all set up on her outside deck for us. Now, in case I haven’t mentioned before, yoga isn’t really my thing. But my sisters love it and seem to benefit from it so to keep the group together and the cost down, of course I said yes. My niece, Joanne, joined us in place of Cathy. It was okay and I really enjoy Espe’s energy. No regrets but………still not my thing. (sorry yoga lovers!)

She has a nice place at the Yoga Barn
and it was great to be in the fresh air for our stretches

We came home immediately after the class and had about an hour before we had to leave to meet Wendy at Mudtown Station in Owen Sound for supper. I made myself a cup of tea and I think Gayle and Donna did the same. The girls had showers and we loaded the excess bags of exchange clothes in Donna’s car and at 5:30 we were on our way. Wendy arrived soon after us and we had about 30 minutes to wait for a table. We were soon seated at an outdoor picnic table.

Mudtown Station
Our picnic table was on the grass
but the place was busy

We chatted, laughed and caught up while waiting for our meals and boy were they worth the wait. We never, I repeat, never, have a bad meal there and tonight was no exception. I had the Whip Burger and soup of the day. Delicious! 5 plates have never been so clean after a meal. Excellent! We paid and tipped Carter for the service and said goodbye to Wendy. We’ll see her in the morning for another fun day.

Audrey and I were watching the changes in the west sky
Nice car too!

The menu is always different and I thought I'd
try the pizza but it was just sold out

Instead I had this Whip Burger with Peppered onion and garlic soup
Oh my! Both were amazing!

After dropping off the clothes at Value Village, we drove home to relax. I had a glass of Arbor Mist and we continued to take turns at Scrabble. Four sisters and an opportunity for a game of Euchre opened itself to us. We teamed up and played 2 games. I was on the losing team but I’ve missed playing the card game that we grew up with so I didn’t mind at all. 😊 It was approaching 10:30 and we were all tired and ready for bed. Another busy day tomorrow.


A little change in the view
Good night!

Thank you for your visit.

5 comments:

  1. That hamburger looks amazing!!!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whip burger ... oh yeah!!!! I agree ... yoga isn't my thing either. Sure sounds like a good time though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to ask what a Whip burger was and our waiter told us that it was just a homemade burger but the name Whip was what the chef called it from his former restaurant. Ha ha
      It was delicious!
      We're having fun and grateful for the days together.

      Delete