The Birches
On Saturday, Sept. 12th it was before 7 when I quietly came out of the bedroom. Gayle was still in dreamland. 😴 It is the quiet time (mostly) that I need to finish my blog and this morning, all I needed to do was add pictures.

Good morning!
Starting my day with a good
breakfast, but oh too many
tater tots.
It was another beautiful day in the neighbourhood so decided to eat breakfast earlier. We tried a new venue called Just Like Mom's and as it turned out it was full. Later, from a fellow beach bum, we discovered that was a blessing. 😀
Back to our regular haunt, The Lighthouse, we noticed 3 new waitresses from our previous visits. Today, I went back to the Eggs Benedict with tater tots and they were just as yummy. We brought the last of the tots home for Audrey to finish for me.

We found this 'free' yard sale.
That little stand came back with me.
I drove today, my turn, so from there we searched for yard sales. We found one small one of not much interest to me (hmm, what did I find for $2?) and then heard about a closing 'free' yard sale. I guess it should be called 'yard free'. 🤠She was a lovely lady disposing of many unique dishes and yard things.
Whether I had room or not, I picked up a couple of glass dishes and a sturdy wooden 2-tier stand that I know I will make use of somewhere. It was too good to pass up, so Ptooties will be jam-packed when we leave here. We did have room for a few purchases!
We came home, changed into swimsuits and walked down to the beach again. Cathy drove, as she can park close to where we sit on the benches. The wind had picked up as forecasted (I hope Bill's Fun Fly went okay back home) and there were some dark clouds moving overhead.
Audrey brought her 7' frog kite, with newly added string but no reel/handle came with it so it would be tricky bringing it back in IF we could even get it off the ground. She wisely chose to wait until she was home for its maiden flight. Gayle and I went in to swim first and it was chilly for a short while.
It was so refreshing with a few small waves from the wind. Again, we stretched out on our towels, Cathy on the bench, and enjoyed the breeze, the heat of the sun and then the coolness of the cloud cover. It couldn't have been nicer and I got two beach days!
We walked back and Audrey and Gayle drove down a couple of blocks to the lady with the 'Blocks' to meet her and maybe purchase something. The 3 of us remaining, stayed put, made a cup of tea and I worked on my blog.
Today is pack up day, never the fun part of these adventures but we do have until 12 noon to check out tomorrow. So, not worrying about that right now, we dressed for supper. We had a suggestion to go to Port Elgin to Saffron, a new unique restaurant. It will test our taste buds for sure.
![]() |
| The menu had items most of us had never tasted. |
And it did. We were there for a 6 pm reservation and after a very chipper (play on words because we ate outside on the patio with many chipmunks running around) part owner relayed the menu and specials. Many things I've not heard of.

Plantain appetizer &
my Mexican beef wrap
I ordered the Mexican Beef Wrap and it was shredded/pulled beef with lettuce, onion and tomato served with sour cream and a chick pea/cucumber/apple salad. I didn't care for the salad but it wasn't terrible.
The wrap was a bit spicy but it was delicious. Half came home with me, it was huge! Audrey bought an appetizer of fried plantain to share and Donna bought a large piece of homemade banana cream cake for dessert that we all shared. Yummy. Our last night out together.
On the way back to Southampton, we could see the sun making way to setting so we went straight to the beach, parked and walked down to join the 30 others doing the same thing. What a gorgeous sky! Back home, the fury was on for some packing, Cathy, Donna and I had already started.
![]() |
| We went straight to the beach again to catch this performance. |
This was a wonderful day. Bittersweet but I believe it is time. I'm anxious, as I'm sure the rest are, to get back home to my sweeties and my normal routine. Bill took Gibbs to his Fun Fly so I connected with him to see how their day went before calling it a night.

Good night!
We reached 26C/78.8F this afternoon. Awesome! Thank you for your visit and your comments.




Fun times! My girls trip is starting the 20th. We are going to the beach for four nights and then good sibing times!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous sunset!!! Yeah, plantains aren't my favorite!!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos of the sunset! How nice to spend a couple of days at the beach.
ReplyDelete