The Ridge
On Thursday, Sept. 17th it seems that I had slept pretty well after all. I went to bed at 10 and it took me quite a while to get comfy. Block between my knees, under my butt, under my knees and obviously I found a sweet spot and eventually dropped off.
![]() |
| Good morning! |
I didn't wake until 5:50 when I heard Bill in the bathroom. After he kissed me goodbye upstairs, I went back to sleep (we, Gibbs and I) until almost 8 o'clock. That's when I decided to try some pickle juice. 3 gulps and I sat at my laptop with my tea to finish my blog.
![]() |
| The clouds were most dominant with very little blue sky |
Within 10 minutes, I felt nothing. No ache, no numbness, no pain. Whaa??? Is it a coincidence or what? I slipped outside to take a picture of today's moonflowers and returned inside.
![]() |
| 2 Moonflowers today |
On and off throughout the day I was nagged again by the pain but enough about that. Let's just say the floor and I are becoming good friends for a bit of relief! 😂
![]() |
| A couple of BlueJays visited today but they didn't stay long |
Because I was expecting a parcel delivery for Bill and the hydro guys to come to replace our meter, I put Gibbs on his leash and we walked for the mail. There was nothing worth walking down for, so we carried on down Northline to the corner.
I didn't feel bad at all walking and kept up my inner mantra of 'don't give in to it, don't limp, walk through the discomfort'. That worked! Of course, nothing worked forever.
![]() |
| Before cut |
![]() |
| After cut |
He called at 4 that he might be late, just leaving Listowel and had to go to Mike's on the way to get Black Beauty. I was surprised that he drove in at 5:10, not too late at all.
![]() |
| An egg/veggie quesadilla was delicious for lunch |
We had basa fish filets, fries and onion rings for supper. The stove, air fryer and fry daddy all put to use. Yummy. After Bill did the dishes, insisting I sit, we watched Reacher and 2 episodes of Neagley. I left my blog until Friday, as you've noticed.🤷♀️
![]() |
| Gibbs wanted to keep walking since he was on his leash. Why not? 🤷♀️ |
![]() |
| This field of wild flowers is where the cows roam. Do they know how lucky they are? |
Bedtime at 10 meant nothing when sleep didn't come until after 1 am. There was just no comfortable position for me. I'm grateful for the king bed as it didn't seem to disturb Bill or Gibbs when I moved constantly.
![]() |
| Supper was delicious. I finished cooking my onion rings in the fry daddy - perfect! |
Other than my discomfort, it was a good day. I know things could be a lot worse so trying to be positive.
![]() |
| Because 'someone' rolled in duck poop in the front field and earned the name 'stinky boy', Daddy gave him a shower. Everything came up roses! 🌹🌹 |
Thank you for those of you who offered suggestions, I will certainly be trying those! I appreciate you all.
Good night!
Thanks for taking the time to see what we're up to.












So sorry that you are still in so much pain. I hope you can find something that works for you. Tossing in bed to find a position that is not painful is something I can really understand.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Thank you Jackie.
DeleteWhat I thought was sciatica turned out to be a couple of lower backbones out of place. Just a thought. Praying you find some permanent relief!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Nancy. A few people mention a chiropractor but I don't want to go to someone that I have to continue to go to for years in order to get relief and that seems to be the story I've heard.
Delete