The Ridge
It was 6:30 when I dragged myself out of bed this morning, Sunday, Oct. 4th. I slept like a log last night, finished a couple of episodes of my show and went to bed. I think the early nerves of the last couple of days over the harvest show tired me out!
![]() |
| Good morning! |
I really did enjoy the flutter and flurry of the day, once it arrived and the pre-jitters were done and overwith. Thank you to all my commenters, your support is like a warm blanket. 💝 I feel encouraged.
![]() |
| The sky was beautiful this morning - the whole way to town. |
I'll be going through my bookmarks and coasters for the owner of Chicory Common this week and see if she is still interested in selling them over the winter. 🤷♀️ She offered when I last set up behind their store. I need to get my head wrapped around that option.
![]() |
| Before I left the Ridge |
Bill took his cargo trailer to the field to meet up with the guys although the day wasn't looking too promising for flying. Turned out, he and Dave (whom I've nicknamed Gibbs) were the only two who showed up, stayed in their trucks beside each other and shared a muffin or two. 😉 Sometimes, that's what friends do.
![]() |
| Doesn't the Suite look pretty? |
I drove to the Mat, a few minutes after Bill and took our laundry for the week. Dollar Store Dave was waiting for his to dry and another customer was doing their laundry as well. They both left before I did and I did a final look back to make sure all was cleaned.
![]() |
| This one takes the best picture of the day prize though |
It had rained a wee bit while I drove but the sunrise and partial rainbow had me snapping photos! Gorgeous! On the way home, it had stopped and was done for the day. Bill was home about 20 minutes after me and I had managed to unload my crafts from Ptooties.
![]() |
| Down Northline, do you remember this tree from previous years? |
This morning, I started a Messenger conversation with my 2 children to try and pick a day for a meet up before we leave. The summer has flown by and we're down to the wire. Thankfully, we have a date! Thanksgiving Sunday it is, yay!
![]() |
| And headed into Durham, this partial rainbow. Bill was in Hanover and saw the other end too. |
We had lunch together and that's when Robin asked if I could clean today. Hmm, it was already 12:30 but she had a last minute booking for tonight and wanted to check before she answered them. Of course! She delayed their check-in until 3:30 giving me enough time to clean and leave with half hour to spare.
![]() |
| Sitting behind Mom, a daily ritual. Just checking the property. |
Bill had put a few things away at home and was inside with Gibbs. Earlier, I placed an order on Amazon for a couple of items to be delivered Thursday. I'll tell you later what they are. It was 3:30 when I got home and went up for a snooze within minutes of walking in the door. I felt zonked!
![]() |
| Some blue sky later, on my way to Williamsford. |
It wasn't a cold day but not warm either. We talked to Marilynne this morning, who has been in and now out of hospital for a respiratory infection and congestive heart failure. She sounds so much better, definitely on the mend. She turns 91 in November so is doing well. We'll go see her on Monday.
![]() |
| Then sitting beside Daddy. I think he's half asleep. |
Supper is simple. Chicken pot pies, store bought, maybe one day I'll make my own! Maybe.🤭 Our meat pies were good, should've cooked them another 5 minutes, maybe they would have come out of the container easier!
![]() |
| Supper filled our tummies. |
We cleaned up the dishes by hand, there weren't enough to use the dishwasher. We reached 17C/63F this afternoon and saw the sun quite a bit. It was a good day.
![]() |
| Good night! |
Thank you for stopping by.












Pretty sky photos! I actually like the one of the tree lined road (Northline) best....it looks like one could drive forever.
ReplyDeleteRobin is fortunate that you are amenable to taking on a job at the last minute. Though I know she treats you well, so I'm sure that factors into it.
Thank you, I wasn't very good at any other photos today! The sky took precedence,
DeleteYes, that certainly factors into it, she is a very sweet friend.
I love sunrise pictures ... it's always a good way to start the day. I made chicken pot pies once using pre-roasted chicken and a bag of mixed veggies. Easy peasy!! It's the crust that's the hard part!!
ReplyDeleteMe too, and sunsets. ♥
DeleteI need to try it, if it's simple! I'm pretty good at crusts if I do say so myself so that shouldn't stop me.
Our oldest son bought me a mini pie maker a long time ago. I need to pull that out and start using it once again. I did love the way the pies turned out.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos of the sunrise.
God bless.