The Ridge
On Thursday, Oct. 1st we woke up in our own bed. I can't honestly say that we slept any better but I did sleep well and woke with a little snuggle bum right next to me. It was early, only 5:15 so we went back to sleep.
![]() |
| Good morning! I can count on 1 or 2 fingers the number of times I've seen a cardinal this year. |
Bill heard yesterday that he would be working today in Port Elgin so he left the Suite around 7. I was happy that, although yesterday was busy, it meant that I didn't have to clean the Mat. Thank you all for the birthday wishes for my hubby and I totally agree that Gibbs is a character.ðŸ¤

When I saw what he was doing,
I was fascinated.
Picking up seeds and feeding them
to his mate.
The weather today is such that I'm happy to be indoors. The forecast for the day is wet, warm, wet, warm and more wet. The rain isn't to be heavy just steady. Bill put the windows in the door on Tuesday since the nights are getting cooler and we don't need the screens now for a while.
I've included a few short videos for you today. I'm not sure which one is the best so you get them all!
So, with today's warmth, Gibbs and I opened the outside door to let more light in. I was feeling anxious about Saturday so decided to focus on gathering things together and make notes of what I had. I sorted earrings, added any missing labels (made by Patritia) and bagged them in the same size baggies.
Then, I counted my greeting cards and put them aside as well. It was almost noon so I cooked some bacon, eggs and fried zucchini with a roll. That was quite good, just ask Gibbs who had a bit of egg too.
After cleaning up, I wanted to make something with an autumn theme so settled on a canvas board for the backing.
![]() |
| It came together better than I expected. |
Gibbs and I walked through the misty day to get the mail and then rushed back when the spatters became a little more threatening. It still didn't pour at all today but the forecast is possible for it tonight around 9ish. Bill was home at 3:30 and informed me that he will have his last (LAST!) workday with Billy tomorrow. 🥰 Sorry, Billy.
Even when she was on the ground,
he fed her. Amazing!
![]() |
| Supper was perfect! |
There's a movie coming up on the screen that I haven't seen so I'll be watching that when I'm finished. We had word during supper that Jess made it back home to Alberta safely and that was good to hear. Easton and Hadley, who were staying with and aunt and uncle, would be happy to have Mom back. ♥️
We reached a high of 18C/65F this afternoon but with no wind, it was pleasant. I hope you enjoyed your first day of this autumn month.
![]() |
| Things are a'changin' here too. Good night! |
Thank you for stopping by.






So apparently I need to find a cardinal for a boyfriend???? Just kidding. We are still in summer and you are heading right into winter. Good luck with your selling. I'm sure you will have no problem.
ReplyDeleteYour autumn theme board turned out great. And that chicken thigh looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteThe autumn theme board turned out great. And that chicken thigh looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the duplicate comments.
DeleteThe Cardinals are such pretty birds. We don't see them here so I can probably count on one finger the number of times I've seen them on my travels.
ReplyDeleteHooray for the last day of work for Bill. Time to get ready for your trip south.
Good luck tomorrow and your fall board is cute. We have a lot of cardinals in SW Mi. sometimes they sit on my deck rail and I love to watch them. we have two pairs that live in our pine trees.
ReplyDeleteSue