The Ridge
On Monday, Oct. 5th it might have felt a bit odd for Bill not to be getting up for work. Maybe not, he's had enough days off this summer, it seems. We were both still up early, before 7. I didn't have to clean the Mat today but we did have appointments in Hanover (20 minutes away) to have bloodwork done.

Good morning!
A great way to start.
It was a slow start and we left in good time to be 10 minutes early. However, as often can happen, they were running behind so our call ins were about 10 - 15 minutes after our slotted time. No worries, we had no where to be and others had to wait an hour to be called in order. 🤷♀️

A couple of pretty fall pictures on
our drive to Hanover.
We have doctor's appointments (standard procedure before travel) in London next week so want this done ahead of time. From there, we drove to the Walmart mall and I dropped Bill off at First Choice Haircutters for a haircut. His curls were showing!! 🤭 I went over to start on some grocery shopping.

For lunch, I made us egg omelettes
on English Muffins.
Yummy.
When Bill came to meet me, I was almost done and we checked out together. A stop at the Independent Grocers for Gibbs' and my yogourt and then the Dollar General for a few things we found to bring home. We really wanted some 'formed' paper coin rollers but having a hard time finding them.

My Dahlias aren't ready to give
up yet. Soon, I'll have to dig them up,
ready or not.
We scooted home for lunch and Bill and Gibbs snoozed upstairs and I began making a Bread Pudding for dessert. I'd promised him one for his birthday and we had some bread we don't like......perfect way to use it up. I had to dry the cubes in the oven.

The bread pudding looks good
before baking.
It looked pretty good by the time I finished and since I'd taken a 2 lb. pork tenderloin out of the freezer last night, began searching a way to cook it in the oven. Remember, I'm relearning that whole process again! I found a recipe for pinwheels, stuffed rolled loin so that's what I went with!
When I started pounding and rolling, I realized just how much meat there was!! Holy cow! Bill was outside, after getting us water at the Acreage, now cutting grass for the last time. I ran out to see if he minded having company for supper.

Before cooking, I seared
each pinwheel in oil for 3 minutes
each side.
They only needed 20 minutes in
the oven after that.
It was 3 pm and short notice for anyone but I called my sister, Donna. She was out until 4 but called back and they happily accepted the free meal offer. Not having to think about supper is a bonus for any of us! I'm glad so prepared potatoes, cauliflower and corn.

Donna and Gerry enjoyed
the meal.
We enjoyed their company
Our company arrived shortly after 5 and I had the food on the table 15 minutes later. Everything was done on time but I forgot to get a picture. The pinwheels were excellent and the bread pudding, oh my, with that rum sauce? Dee-lish-us!!

I forgot a picture before
we'd all had a piece!
When Donna and Gerry left shortly after 7, we'd had a nice meal and conversation together. Bill washed the pots and I dried with the dishwasher doing its job on the rest of our dirty dishes. This was a good day even though we had bloodwork done. It wasn't a dentist! 😉🤣

Nor a picture of these
when they came out of
the oven.
I'll make them again.
Today was a truly bitter cold day. The wind was gusty all day, strong enough to mess any head of hair and send hats fluttering through the leaves. We only reached a high of 11.11C/52F and looking at a low of .55C/33F. Brrr.

A pretty sky again tonight.
Good night!
Thank you for your visit.
Another busy day for you two and so nice Donna and Gerry could come over for supper.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a great meal and so nice you could have a visit with family.
Sue
Thank you Sue. The packing up and prepping doesn't feel like a chore when we know what we're heading for! sometimes coming home and unpacking has the opposite effect!
DeleteIt was a nice visit and I admit to a nice meal.
It was a great dinner sis. Thanks for the invite. I never know what to prepare for a meal anymore! My taste buds have changed and I don't have much of an appetite since the radiation but I seem to have gobbled up that meal pretty quickly. It always tastes better when someone else is doing the cooking!
ReplyDeleteThank you Donna, I'm so glad you were flexible and had no plans yet for your meal! It was a lot of meat, and we will have lots of leftovers for another night too. You did gobble it up, we need to fatten you up!! 🥰
DeleteDinner looks fabulous!!! It's weird the cold has set in there and we are still at 102 degrees.
ReplyDeleteYes, it seems that we are always asking each other for the weather they are having!! haha
DeleteNice of you to invite your sis and BIL to dinner - and great to get in a visit.
ReplyDeleteYour list of things to do before leaving are getting done. I've not thought about a visit to the doctor, but as I have no primary doctor or access to one here in town, I'll only be getting my flu and Covid vaccines from the pharmacists before I head south.
For our travel insurance, they ask for a recent follow up visit to our doctor otherwise we wouldn't be going!!
Delete