The Ridge
On Friday, Oct. 2nd we were both up for work by 6:30. Bill left in the dark, at least from inside, it looked dark outside at 7. It wasn't long after his departure, that I gave Gibbs his treat, took my tea and headed to town.
I drove straight to Battery Pro and filled our water bottle. Only the outside dispenser is working now. No one was at the Mat when I arrived and I was wiping down the last few washers when a regular customer came in. He's one of the friendlies 🤭 and after loading his machine, he slipped out to go get his Timmy's breakfast.

Why does a camera seldom capture
what you see?
I went directly home, my head was focused on one thing and I wanted to get things sorted for the Harvest show. It was a damp start to the day but it did stop raining by the time I returned home and it was mild enough by 10 for me to open our outside door.

Depending on which way you looked,
you could see clouds or blue sky
I began arranging, packing, labelling and planning my table display and finally, after a few touchups on my main sign, I loaded the back of Ptooties. My roll up table, table cloths and a chair filled the area. With that done and my mind much calmer, I asked Gibbs to get the mail with me.
![]() |
| Driving towards that blue |
The little bum sat on the hill and watched as I disappeared. When I sat Bill drive up and stop at the mailbox, I turned back to encourage Gibbs to come down to me. He didn't hear Black Beauty and didn't move until Bill became quite visible. I was taking some garbage down so carried on.
![]() |
| Hello Madame Monarch |
Bill immediately hooked up to the dump trailer and we all hopped in to go along for the ride to the Durham Landfill. I popped into Dave's Crazy Dollar store for some small shopping bags. He gave me a nice deal on the bags and didn't charge me tax......sometimes getting friendly with people at the Mat pays off. 😉

Driving into Durham at 5 pm
The sky was pretty but we needed
warm coverups against the wind.
On the way home, we dropped the trailer back at Robin's and when I got home, I vacuumed while Bill did a few things outside. No, he wasn't burning his work clothes! Yes, my sweetie has 'retired' for the second time, 10 years later.🤭 Now he can focus on what we have left to do over the next 2 weeks. Cheers! 🍾

This tree is almost at
its brightest and already dropping leaves.
I had my shower while he and Gibbs snoozed and we went to the 5 o'clock Catch the Ace draw. Well, it happened tonight. Someone's ticket was drawn, they chose #1 and that envelope had the Ace of Spades. Someone none of us knew, won just over $19,000 tonight on a $5 ticket. Congratulations!

Just a few clouds tonight
but they were pretty.
We returned home, had weiners and beans for supper, finished the pineapple dessert and relaxed for the remainder of the short evening.

I walked up on the berm at home
to catch some of this pink sky.
This was a good day and although that wind was strong and very cool, we reached 15C/60F and going down to 3.3C/38F overnight. Brrr! Blue flame heater tonight.

Our Friday night meals are usually
simple......now that we won't be going
to C the A meetings, they will be
improving. 🤭
Good night!
Thank you for stopping by.



Congratulations to Bill! I thought this was merely his last day of work for this season, but he's truly retired now. I can assure him that retirement is the best job I've ever had. :)
ReplyDeleteShame you didn't win at Chase the Ace - someone else was very happy, I'm sure.
Good luck with your sale.
Thank you Maebeme (from Bill), he is happy......for his second retirement. 🤭
DeleteI thank you for the good luck!
Congrats Bill ... and I'm so sorry you didn't win. You came so close!! It's going to be a different kind of year.
ReplyDeleteThank you Nancy (from Bill) I wonder how close we were!? haha
DeleteEnjoying precious time with those you love is better than work.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your Re-retirement.
Stay Safe and Enjoy!
It's about time.
Bill says thank you Rick. Spending more time with his loved ones is indeed a plus but we won't be sitting idle either so not sure how much we'll see each other! haha
DeleteCongrats to Bill on his retirement and wish you two would have won the money.
ReplyDeleteSue
Thank you Sue! That would have been a sweet retirement gift!!
DeleteCongratulations Bill! Guess we'll see next summer if it holds. LOL. Good luck this weekend, hoping you have many sales! :)
ReplyDeleteHa ha, Bill says thank you Shirley.......you're right but if he wants to stay married.......haha just kidding. Thanks for the good luck wishes!
DeleteCongratulations, Bill! Second retirements are nice. When I retired, I started a temporary second job till I paid off my car. Ended up working 6 years. Enjoy your new free time.
ReplyDeleteThank you Doug from Bill. Yup, it has been 5 years for him.l
Delete