Friday, October 9, 2026

Say Goodnight, Jazz

The Ridge

On Friday, Oct. 9th I was up by 7, downstairs having my tea and finishing yesterday's blog post. Sorry about that, I just felt too tired. Instead, I curled up in my chair and watched the first episode of CIA. It is the second season and I really enjoyed these two characters last fall.

Good morning!
Just starting my day by getting
our glasses 'coozied' up for travel.

Then, I purged on Mike and Molly. I never watched the sitcom before but find it tickles my funny bone sometimes although it is totally focused on 'games people play', if you get my drift. 🤣 Light hearted humour that doesn't hurt anyone.

Bill, all leathered up, heads
out ahead of me on Jazz.
She's ready for hibernation.

I was in bed at 9:30 and was surprised when Bill joined me instead of coming downstairs to watch tv. We were both tired out. Today, another sunny warm-ish day on the calendar, our plan was to take Jazz in for her winter hibernation.

Told ya! I'd follow him anywhere.

Bill went to get water from the Acreage while I finished my blog. I was ready when he returned and had brought his leather chaps and jacket inside the Suite from the Bunky to get them warmed up. It was still going to be a cool ride to Murray's but we left after the water tank was full.

I followed Bill on Jazz and when we arrived at her storage location, Bill said he was toasty warm riding. In 12C/53F temperatures, I know I wouldn't have been! We drove home for lunch and Bill had a sandwich while I had some leftover pork loin and last night's roast beef. Good stuff!

The colours are pretty
but seem to be fading fast.

Donna messaged that they were at the Acreage so we each drove over. Bill helped Gerry winterize their Landmark and take the canopy down and I kidnapped Donna. We went into Durham. I wanted to show her Robin's bnb. 

The Carriage House

I wasn't able to answer her question of how much Robin charged per night since it wasn't completely ready. There are a couple of touch ups to do yet but I'm sure guests will be happy. It is only suitable for 2 overnighters, unlike Williamsford.
Love Murray's sign
as we enter where the barn
is
I drove back to the Acreage where Bill and Gerry had stopped for the time being. We did help fold up the canopy cover before we said our goodbyes, Gibbs got into Black Beauty and we drove home. 

On my way, I stopped down Northline to pick up a bottle of maple syrup. Such a pleasant little old farmer. I have a few small tasks like that to do yet, when I'm in town. Drop my paints at Pat's, take my beer cans and bottles to the Beer Store and pick up some more Aerius for Gibbs. 

Gibbs dawdles when he goes out
but we like to keep an eye on him.


His scratching has subsided somewhat but we'll run out before we leave. I'd rather have extra than not enough. The switch from chicken to his new food has showed no effect change - yet. 🤷‍♀️

Driving through the trail back
to where Donna and Gerry's
trailer lives.

The sun is lovely today but the wind is cool. You need to be moving so it doesn't go through you! I made a cup of tea and did some searching on my previous blog posts for a certain picture but was unsuccessful. 

Leaving the way we
came in.
I'm following him again.
🤭

Supper was baked chicken thighs with fries for Bill and cauliflower for me. It was a filling meal. We are trying to conserve water now that the pump has been shut down at the Acreage so are washing the dishes of the day by hand. We know we can get water next door but for now, this works,

Donna's yoga frog
said Namaste when I left.
😂
It was a good day, one more step in the process of getting ready. We reached 15C/59F by this afternoon under sunny skies. A pretty nice fall day.

We cleaned up the chicken.
Good night!

I hope you are having the same experience. Thank you for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. I watched Mike and Molly when it first came on and really enjoyed it ... hmm maybe I need to rewatch it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another busy day for you two and have you talked to Gibbs and told him about the big trip coming up ? LOL
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched NCIS yet this week, and now you've given me another drama to watch! CIA sounds interesting. On the other hand, I haven't watched a sitcom in years. Maybe I should. :p
    Good luck with the remaining tasks and enjoy the last few visits next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Dog had a problem with itch and scratched all the time. We found out she was allergic to grass pollen. I dont remember what we did to fix the problem tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what we think. Something here in the latter summer months. He hasn't scratched down south.🤷‍♀️

      Delete