Friday, March 17, 2017

Happy St. Patrick’s Day, Lads and Lassies

Feeling a little green this morning, Friday, Mar. 17th but not ill, more like Kermit. He always felt green while in the peak of health and that’s me today too. It ‘tis a great morning with the rising in the east and a few fluffy white clouds skirting across the sky. 63F at 6:30 am is a wonderful way to rise.
Within seconds the morning sky changed from this...

...to this


Clemson had to go out first thing, we all have morning business, and then I hopped into the shower before Bill got up. I believe he had another ‘sleepless in Bullhead’ night. I hope my bread pudding didn’t upset his sleep. The whiskey sauce should have done the opposite.

Nothing to complain about in this sky
Today, we didn’t have any concrete plans but Bill decided to use the cleaner he bought yesterday and clean the truck. 

Bill works hard cleaning the King Ranch in the shade




I decided to sit on the patio with Clemson and watch him in between getting a few more chapters read in my book. This Lee Child book,” Night School”, is not holding my attention as much as others I’ve read but it is good enough for me to want to finish. I need to know how it ends.
Clemson gets tired just watching Bill work

I dug through my drawer and found a green tank top, green earrings and a green hair band. For 31 years, while working, I made a point of wearing red on Valentines’ Day, a costume or orange and black for Hallowe’en, Christmas colours on my last few days before the holiday and definitely green for St. Patrick’s Day. Why should this be any different?

Remembering that I had a few buttons to sew on and I wanted to adjust the straps on my bathing suit, I pulled out my sewing kit.


I sat outside in the shade of our awning and did my repair job. I had my zoom lens on hand in case I was quick enough to catch an overhead jet but it wasn’t to be.

Good thing there was no wind, there was nothing to this little man
I took a walk with Clemson while Bill had his shower and could tell it was going to be another 90-degree day. There was hardly any breeze and the sky was a mixture of sun, blue and few clouds. We saw this fellow washing the roof of his Pace Arrow. My goodness! It was already hot at 9:30 and this rv’er pulled a pail up on the roof. Needless to say, he isn’t a young man. I worry when I see that.

Kind of a hot day to be washing the roof
Around 11 I started bacon and eggs inside and called Bill in to eat. He was doing a great job on the truck and I didn’t want to interfere when a man is hard at it, so I even offered to clean up the dishes by myself.

Okay, now it is my time to go to the pool so I got ready and walked up at 1. By the time I got there and secured a couple of chairs (in case Bill surprised me again) I was good and ready to get in. There was one person on a chair, reading. She commented that the pool was ‘freezing’’’!! I shrugged and said, you should have been here on Saturday. I didn’t bother to tell her “I’m Canadian and we are tough”. Ha ha.
One side of the pool, that is my chair in the lower front corner
The chairs soon filled up all around the pool and I was grateful for my early arrival. As yesterday, Bill joined me later and we stayed until after 4. We had an interesting chat with Julie who is from Seattle, WA. She arrived 2 weeks ago with her husband with the full intention of buying a house down here. She is tired of the rain, rain and more rain in their northerly lake house property.

By the sounds of it, they found one in Bullhead City that will fit the bill at a cool $469,000. I held my eyes from bulging and listened to her inform me of the extreme house prices in Seattle. Now I understand and it sounds like the house is lovely. They are leaving 2 days to drive home and put their home up for sale.
this is the back side of the pool

When we got back home, we grabbed our chairs, a drink and our pooch and joined the neighbours Happy Hour. Clemson settled down a bit better today, less people perhaps? He hopped up on his stool for a bit before finding Bill’s lap comfier. The group was visited by a brazen road runner walking through behind the guys. He was so pretty and of course, no camera. Over by the hill, Judy noticed small birds, or are they quail or are they baby road runners? Consensus says they must be baby road runners. Again, no picture. By 6, we were tired and hungry. That is what this fresh air, heat and the pool does to us.

Supper was easy, I love those! Bill had pork and beans with weiners and I warmed up my leftover Smothered Beef Burrito from Wednesday’s meal. It was good and to top it off, I made up a new batch of whiskey sauce and served it on my bread pudding. Now that is more like it!
Tough life, but you know someone has to do it

I’m thinking I won’t be up late tonight, it has been a great day. We heard from a couple of our Rock Glen friends and caught up a bit by text. We miss them so it was wonderful to get in touch.


I hope your day has been a good one too. Thank you for reading, I love hearing from you Blurkers. (Blog Lurkers) Each comment means so much.

20 comments:

  1. Such a hard life, eh. I think we should retire first, then work when we are too old and warn out to do anything else. Maybe that's the way it will be when robots do everything for us?
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is a great idea, but then would we appreciate it as much?

      Delete
  2. I agree, "it is a tough life but someone has to do it"...lol
    Keep persevering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I volunteered for this position so I'm glad it suits my nature! :)

      Delete
  3. and a great day it was...This blurker is off to bed now too..have a good night. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the two sky pics at the beginning! Had to have my driveway plowed this week! MB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MB. Probably the first time this winter? Hope it goes away for good now that spring is around the corner. :)

      Delete
  5. Nothings like enjoying the good life and amazing weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoy your blog....yep, I'm one of those blurkers. ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of these days I'm going to slow down and enjoy the good life. Right now, I just can't seem to find the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe you ARE enjoying the good life and it seems to be what is keeping you young and healthy!

      Delete
  8. Unlikely that they are baby roadrunners. Usually there is only 1. Kinda early for quail.
    I meant to post the other day about SAFEWAY. Do you have their club card ? Safeway is part of the KROGER family of stores ... Safeway, Frys, Ralphs, Smiths, Fred Meyer in the PNW, and more. The card will give you discounts at stores that have gas pumps. Points accumulate over the month and carry on into the next. I saved 20cents a gallon yesterday. If you don't find any pumps in AZ, hold onto them until WA and OR at Fred Meyer stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for your comments. The long beak and long tail put us in mind of the road runners we've seen. there was only one baby. All kinds of quail here but their beaks aren't that long. I'm going to Safeway today so will sign up for their club card, thanks. Lots we have to learn! :)

      Delete
  9. Well now I feel extra special! Blurker - I like it! Who knew there was such a special title for us! I really enjoy your blog!
    - Bonnie the Blurker in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie! Is this a Bonnie in Canada that we know? Glad to have you along either way. You should be proud to be a Blurker, you are very important people!Thanks for writing.

      Delete
    2. Although I feel we are 'old' friends through reading your blog right from the beginning, we have never met. My introduction to your blog was from George and Suzie's blog. I have never commented before preferring to maintain the persona of the strong, silent type! LOL
      - Bonnie in Canada

      Delete
  10. The pool looks particularly inviting. I have to say I miss sitting in the sun catching some rays. The weatherman is predicting plus temps through to the end of the month except for Wednesday. Double digits I believe by April 1st!

    ReplyDelete