The Ridge
On Tuesday, Oct. 6th I was up around 6:30, but with no desire to get out of bed! Gibbs was extra affectionate too so he was in no rush to move too far either. Bill was downstairs with the furnace on for a few cycles.
![]() |
| Good morning! The sky was amazing! |
He'd forgotten I had to clean but when he told me it was frost(y) everywhere, I slipped out to start Ptooties. I let her run for 10 minutes to clear the windows and warm up. It was a chilly -1C/31F but we were toasty inside with just the Blue Flame heater on low.
![]() |
| And up there the moon nestles with Jupiter. |
I walked into a mess, oh brother! People can be so inconsiderate but I've said that before and won't go on about it. The pictures say it all. 🤷♀️ I'm glad no respectful customers arrived before I had time to sweep up the mess throughout, although maybe they would appreciate my job more too. 🤭
![]() |
| And down here, the frost is pretty heavy. |
One new customer came in, her washer died in the middle of a cycle so she was a bit fumbly, Seemed like she's never used a commercial laundromat before. I helped with her questions and left the place clean and her with her clothes in a dryer.
![]() |
| The colour was amazing all the way to town |
Bill was just getting his work boots on when I got home. He had things to do around here. He called our motorcycle shop in Varney about a filter and oil for Jazz and then headed over to pick it up. He changed the oil, at some point during the day, once it had warmed up.
![]() |
I waited until about 11 to go out to the Bunky and Bill had brought the Cub Cadet over to the Suite so he could wash it down for the winter. We use the outside tap/hose for situations like this. We have an almost full tank of water.
![]() |
Because of the debacle with our clothes line rod in the bedroom closet.......was that last year?.......Bill kindly suggested maybe I could put some of the clothes I won't wear during the winter months in the Bunky. I never even thought of that before. Duh!
![]() |
| They should be ashamed. I swept the floors first again, this time because it was absolutely necessary. |
So immediately, I place an Amazon order for the vacuum storage bags and took him up on his suggestion. They bags weren't scheduled to arrive until Thursday but I had gone out to pull the old ones (that don't work anymore) down from the loft. They are strong plastic and still kept the mice out by closing the ends with strong tape.
![]() |
| I looked out from the Bunky to see what Bill was doing and saw this. Adorable! |
I sorted through my paints, to take to Pat's, then sorted through my quilling materials. What would I be able to leave home and still have enough stuff to continue making my craft? It was going pretty well and I noticed Bill had put the mower, the recycle bins and the round plastic table in the shed.
![]() |
| And even more adorable right here. |
He was making good progress too. The sun was warming the day up, and he was in a t-shirt while my light jacket came off too. It was good to be focused so much that we were late for lunch! 🤣 Not wanting to sit too long, we went right back out after a sandwich.
![]() |
| I was surprised when both of my parcels arrived today. |
Gibbs was out as often as we were, supervising, of course. At 1:30, Bill told me that one of my Amazon orders was arriving by Canada Post today so I wasn't too surprised when Carly (?) drove up the lane. When she handed me 2 packages, I was thrilled that my vacuum bags were included too!
![]() |
| It was a good day for a fire. We kept it going all afternoon. |
Two days early, I just love Amazon! I started a fire to burn up the cardboard and paper from our recycle bin....it builds up quickly and we won't have any more pickups before we leave. It was a great day for a fire! With my new bags, I replaced old ones and bagged blankets, quilts and a couple of pillows.
![]() |
| These bags are incredible! They came with a little hand pump this time but a vacuum was so much faster and easier! They all fit up in the loft. |
Then, I moved inside and removed the items I wouldn't wear in Arizona. No need for my dresses, fancier sweaters etc. and I ended up vacuuming 6 bags. They are flattened and all fit up in the loft of the Bunky. I covered the coats and jackets, including our motorcycle leathers with bags as well.
Bill still needs his chaps and jacket until he takes Jazz in for storage. He'll pick the best day for that. Gee, it's so nice to have him home now so he is free to make those decisions. He took the shelter down, the cover after 2 years is already ripping from the weather.
![]() |
| Bill had the shelter down and while I was in sorting the closet, he had the shelf dismantled and set up in the Bunky. We're almost done! |
We decided to remove the whole frame as well, he will take it to Robin and add it to their metal dump run. In the spring, we'll come up with another plan. With much of the storage taken care of, and plans for the rest, we called it quits just before 5. We both can feel muscles we'd forgotten about! 😉🥴
Bill and Gibbs dozed and I started my blog. At 5:30, I wrapped all of the leftovers in separate foil packets and set Madame IP to 'steam' for 20 minutes. When she beeped, everything was sufficiently warmed up and it was a super easy supper! Reheated bread pudding for dessert, yum.
![]() |
| Leftovers, so easy. So good. |
Tonight, NCIS and NCIS Origins starts so we'll rest until they start. We did reach 15C/59F this afternoon with a fair bit of sunshine. We kept moving so the wind didn't deter any activity or make us feel the coolness of it. It will be a warmer night tonight, tg.
![]() |
| This particular Bread Pudding recipe is probably a very close first to my favourite dessert. Oh my! The fact that the bread is low carb is a bonus too! (not to mention the rum.) 🤭🥰 |
It was a very progressive day! One final note:
Happy Birthday to our friend,
Kim!
Good night!
Thank you for popping in.















So excited about the new season of NCIS in every single form.
ReplyDeleteHate to say this but we are supposed to get some of the "white" stuff here this weekend. Not looking forward to that at all.
God bless.
Another busy day for you and it was great to see Tony and Sam Hanna back on NCIS.
ReplyDeleteWishing Kim a Happy Birthday !
Sue