The Ridge
It was 6:30 when Bill called up to me this morning, Saturday, Oct. 3rd. I'd asked him last night 'don't let me sleep past 6:30'. He left for the flying field at 6:45 and I moved into action.

Good morning! 
My favourite picture today
I'd showered yesterday so just had to wash, nibble on some yogourt, make a lunch, get dressed and go. I was in the car, after disconnecting from power, at 7:40. When I arrived at the Community Centre, it wasn't quite 8 am but the doors were open for vendors to enter.
I didn't see Trudy yet, but first found my table, (made sure Trudy's was next to me) and then proceeded to bring my things in and get set up. My friend arrived soon after that, arriving with her son, Dan, and they set up quickly.

I'm all set up so took time
to snap a picture of the whole room
The tables were 8' long, which gave us plenty of room to spread out our wares. I was feeling the worries roll off my shoulders and began to relax, in control of what I was doing. I wasn't expecting much from today other than more experience.

Trudy makes weighted
theraputic crochet 'stuffies'
and the kids and the adults love
to hold them.
For 7 hours, from beginning to end, we just enjoyed ourselves. We had some laughs, learned more about each other, met new acquaintances and even sold a few of our items. Trudy did better than I did but I was happy, by the end of the day, to sell enough to pay for my table and walk away with $4! 🤭I don't consider that a loss.

Trudy and I met at the
Mat over a year ago and hit it off.
Today, she helped calm my nerves
a whole lot.
Bill stopped by on Jazz when he was done after a good morning at the field and he was able to meet Trudy and Dan. When we packed things up at 3, we exchanged hugs with hopes to see each other before we head south. Bill was at the Legion and asked me to join him.

It was a pretty sky when I drove home
With a few Legion/Lion's members, we had a drink, bought (& lost) a few meat, 50/50 tickets, I danced one dance to Boot, Scoot & Boogie and we came home - separately. 🏍️🚗 Gibbs was happy to see us both and after bringing my cooler in, I was too tired to unload.

Gibbs was happy to see us
return home.
He hadn't been outside much
all day.
For supper, we had fish, chips and onion rings and everything was very good. I wanted to finish my post so put Murder in a Small Town on while I worked. Hoping this would keep me awake. 😂 It has been a good day.

I went overboard on my onion rings
but they were delicious!
It was a chilly start, 5.5C/42F, but warmed up quite nicely. Bill told me it was a great morning for flying and obviously a lovely afternoon for a bike ride to town.
![]() |
| I looked out my window and saw these two cleaning up the yard. |
Thank you for all the support on my sale day. It was a great day.

A pretty sky tonight.
Good night!
Thank you for your visit.


Great signs .. and your table is set up perfectly. It's a learning experience. It all depends on the audience too. Don't give up!! I bet Gibbs really missed you.
ReplyDeleteThank you Nancy. It was fun and definitely most people don't go to buy, just look. Lots of favourable comments on what we create anyway, 🤷♀️
DeleteYour table set up looked good and and a great experience for you. Nice you could have a table next to your friend. Supper looked yummy !
ReplyDeleteSue
Thank you Sue. It was a good experience, next time there won't be the same jitters. 😉
DeleteYour table looked great……nice display ! I think you should definitely
ReplyDeletekeep selling and enjoy yourself.
Linda a.
Thank you Linda a. I feel better about the whole thing now, as long as I can be inside until I get a canopy. IF!
DeleteYour table looked good, and you had great variety of items. It sounded like a great day!
ReplyDeleteThank you MT. I enjoyed myself.
DeleteGood job filling your table. It looked very nice.
ReplyDeleteThe best part is the people. Glad you had fun.
Thanks Barb. I think it was you (?) who sent me emails? If so, those tips helped me do a couple of things differently and I liked the change up.
DeleteWell done! Covering the cost of the table and coming home with a bit of money in your pocket is a success for a first time out. You'll have gained an understanding of what items are most popular for the next time. Great to have a friend there too for support! Someone needs to keep an eye on your table when nature calls. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Maebeme! I was very pleased to at least have the table paid for. A got a better understanding of what kind of cards to make. I didn't have only one suitable for a man. It was great to have Trudy nearby for more than one reason! :)
DeleteHello Beautiful, very well said.Yesterday was so much fun. Your work is absolutely gorgeous it was a pleasure to have a table beside you. Dan and I both enjoyed meeting Bill. You guys are wonderful and we are very blessed to know you both. Xo
ReplyDeleteAh Trudy, thank you so much. you have no idea how much you helped me, you and Dan both. He is a very charming young man. Bill also enjoyed meeting you both. I'll see you soon! xo
Delete