Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Wake Up and Walk! Golf Cart Help, Donation Drop Off and Queen's Lace


It is Tuesday, Aug. 15th and I was awake and out of bed before 7. Noticing a few drops of rain on the window facing to the west, I checked the sky. Must have rained overnight as the sun looks like it may come out later. Again, the clouds rule the early morning sky.


I slipped my clothes out of the bedroom quietly and dressed in the bathroom before heading out for a walk. I haven’t taken a morning stroll for a while, usually settling in front of the laptop with my tea right away. It was so calm and warm out at 16C already I felt it was a good day to do it.
Baptist Church Road
The more I walk on this peaceful country road the further I want to go and yet still only managed to clock up just shy of 2 miles by the time I returned. I get nervous walking early when I get close to the area where it is thick bush on each side of the road. Tales of someone seeing a bear on Baptist Church Road are in the back of my mind. The walking stick I was carrying does not give me much confidence so I turned around.

By the time I got back at 7:30 Bill was just getting up and letting Clemson out. He has quite the little tank in his tiny body going from before 9 pm to 7:30 without needing to piddle. He had a full bladder though as he stood there for a long time with his leg lifted. It was a great walk and I always feel better for getting out there.
Heading home again
I made myself a tea and read posts and comments with Bill on our laptops. Once I was caught up I hopped in the shower getting ready for the day. Bill works tomorrow and Thursday so today he wanted to help Gerry out with something. We hung around home until it was time to leave close to 11.
This one is for Suzie, we were discussing this funny little weed
Bill and I are taking our Suite into CanAm on Sunday afternoon for some warranty work on the bedroom slide out. As usual, when any of us who own or live in an rv takes it in for repair, we make a list of things we’ve noticed that need attention. So, we began our list. There are a handful of things that need to be looked at but one involves our generator and invertor connection.
the sky was breaking up
 To be clear of the problem, Bill got the generator out and we went through the problematic process in order to explain it better on Monday. The nice thing about CanAm is that we can still sleep in the fifth wheel while it in for repair. At closing of each days’ work, for as long as is necessary, they will bring it outside and plug it in for us. If that is not possible, they will provide us with another suitable trailer for overnighting.

Hopes for a beautiful day

Once we completed that we hopped in the car and drove to Durham to Rob and Pat’s home. Meeting our brother-in-law there, the guys hooked up Rob’s utility trailer to pick up Gerry’s golf cart at the Acreage. They’ll take it to Bluevale, the place it was bought, for some instant repair work. If it turns out to be an extensive job, they can leave it on site for a few days until it is fixed as Gerry won’t be using it anyway.


He has been experiencing some difficulty walking for the last couple of summers and it has been gradually worsening to the point of extreme pain. This year, finally, the doctors have discovered the issue and he is going into the London hospital next week for surgery on his leg. It boils down to circulation problems. We are relieved for him to be getting it looked after and Donna, even more so as she has seen firsthand how much pain he has endured.
Too bad this grass doesn't remain tall instead of drooping
The golf cart has been a blessing when they spend time at their Acreage as it enables Gerry to get around the property easily. After the guys left, Pat and I chatted for a bit and I drove downtown. I dropped off my 3 bags at Rethreads, a secondhand shop in Durham. While in there, I poked around, as I usually do but didn’t find much to make me reach into my wallet.
I put some sunflowers in the bunky today
The vase is something I removed from the Suite
I also popped into the Pharma Plus and was surprised to see they have a photo kiosk. I was able to print off a couple of pictures for Mom of her with us girls and picked up frames so they can be hung in her room. It is nice to know that we don’t have to drive to Hanover to get pictures printed. Another check mark for Durham!
Today this guy was trying to cross the road, so I helped him
I came home and decided to take advantage of a slow, beautiful day. I grabbed my quilt from the bunky and stretched out on my chair with Clemson. It was a nice quiet time to read more of my book. I didn’t know how long Bill would be but since he was driving for Gerry I just left him to it. I knew they would get home when they got home.
Another new wildflower
It was about 4:45 when they pulled in the driveway. By this time, I had moved from my spot in the sun and was settled in the shade of the umbrella. The wind was a little unpredictable so I didn’t take any chances on the awnings today. Bill made it home just in time to feed Clemson and don’t think Clem waited too long to let him know!

This pretty grass grows along our lane way
Gerry sat for a bit and headed home to Hanover. It was a long afternoon for them, I’m sure, and certainly a longer drive than I’d thought it would be. Bill and I decided to make it simple for supper tonight so I put 3 grilled cheese sandwiches together to grill. I sliced tomato in mine and added a dill pickle slice too. Yum.

I’ve started having a small glass of milk for supper, once in a while. I quite enjoy it for a change after drinking water all day. We always have lots in the fridge. While the sandwiches were grilling I boiled a couple of potatoes so I could send some with Bill tomorrow with the chicken and chop.

Queen Anne, your Lace is so pretty!
the same but different
We cleaned up dishes and packed the Coolatron with the drinks and food and plugged it in inside. As I finished my post, he had his shower as it will be an early departure in the morning.
Perfect outside reading day
I hope you have enjoyed this wonderful day as much as I have. It warmed up to 25C and still I didn’t notice any humidity. After my walk this morning and a couple of walks down the lane this afternoon I feel justified in being lazy today.
Walking back from detouring Yertle the Turtle

Looking up the road towards Baptist Church Road
Thank you for reading today. I’d love to hear from you if you wish to leave a comment.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visit today Pat, always enjoy your company . Love the color of the grass going out the driveway .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to see you too! Thanks for lending an ear when I needed one. :)

      Delete
  2. It was a wonderful day with great weather, nothing like a nice long early morning walk when thing are so quiet. Good luck with your trailer repairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A perfect day, nice to get more than one in a row!
      thanks, I'm sure the repairs will go fine on Monday and Tuesday. I can spend 'waiting' time with Donna while Gerry is in surgery. that worked out well.

      Delete
  3. Love your early morning sunrises! I don't blame you for turning around, beautiful but spooky! Do you have mountain lions as well as bears? Hoping the surgery is able to cure Gerry, pain is a terrible thing to watch and not be able to do anything about. Even more to be the one who has the pain. Nice that you can stay in your home, or they provide one for you. I'm reading another blog and they are having to stay in a motel which equals expensive.

    ReplyDelete